Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    She got killed in 'The Nox', along with the rest of the team.
    Yeah. Thank god those Nox guys have that whole "touching-and-coming-back-to-life" thing going on, eh? Whew!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

anyone wanna play a game??

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26849
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey Sky, great interview with Carmen Argenziano!

For those of you who haven't read it, you can find it here

As usual, he had some nice words to say about Amanda.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
          I just have to put in my two cents about S/J ship. I love the independent, intelligent, strong and savvy Sam Carter. But does having the love of another person (Jack, of course) have to diminish her? I would guess only if you were to think that your own significant other diminishes who you are. And I don't think anyone believes that!
          I don't think that it does. My hubs rocks my world and there's nothing I wouldn't do for him, but I'm my own person not a reflection of him. And a lot of that is him too, because he doesn't expect me to be.

So, I don't think that having a relationship has to diminish Sam at all. Especially with Jack. He respects her enough to let her be her own person, to do what she needs to do to be happy, and imo that can only make her stronger.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular

NC
            thank you.

He's such a massively sweet guy. Very nice and personable. I can't wait to see him in July

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              and didn't they just do *so* well for sam without sam/jack being an issue in season 9?

sally
              Oh yeah. They did a fantastic job of writing Sam in S9. Absolutely took advantage of her not being part of a couple. So much so that I want to see more.
              sigpic

Comment

NC
                omg rofl, I didn't realise that was Carmen in 'Blue Streak' Hahaha, that movie was pretty funny
                Last edited by Agent_Dark; 05 April 2006, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  true. but to be eligible for the purple heart i believe it has to be a compat injury
                  Death Knell was combat, wasn't it?
                  scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                    Oh yeah. They did a fantastic job of writing Sam in S9. Absolutely took advantage of her not being part of a couple. So much so that I want to see more.
                    Sam hasn't been part of a couple for the entire show, save for a few eps around the Pete debacle. I think she did pretty well without coupling for seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc.
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      true. but to be eligible for the purple heart i believe it has to be a compat injury
                      Didn't Sam once say anytime you go through the gate you're risking your life (S6?) So then anytime you go through the gate yuor in a potential combat situation. In Death Knell, you don't set the self destruct just because you feel like, they were under fire from the enemy. And in Evolution 2 I would certainly see sneaking behind enemy lines and being injured as a reason to receive a medal, but those are just a few examples
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

NC
                        Wow, Sky! That is an outstanding interview. I loved it. Loved how open and forthcoming Carmen was, too. And I'm selfishly thrilled you got to use my Pacino question! LOL (That's actually one particular question I've wanted to ask Amanda, too).

You rock, doll! Hope you do many more interviews! Great stuff!!!

minigeek

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Wow, Sky! That is an outstanding interview. I loved it. Loved how open and forthcoming Carmen was, too. And I'm selfishly thrilled you got to use my Pacino question! LOL (That's actually one particular question I've wanted to ask Amanda, too).

You rock, doll! Hope you do many more interviews! Great stuff!!!

minigeek

About more interviews... I have some kind of challenge for Skydiver, of course when and if the opportunity to do it arises. An interview with Claudia Black about Vala, what we like about her, what we hate (well, some of us, not me of course) about her, and of course about anything else, Claudia is into music very much, this is great subject to talk to her about, too

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                            Forgive me if I'm saying someting stupid, but I've been thinking of "ship" theme of the last Monday marathon. It seems that most of you think it's a hint at what to expect in season 10 with the whole Jack coming back thing. But, what if next week or later they serve you Need, The Other Side, Scortched Earth and Abyss with the up and downs of Jack and Daniel's friendship ? The slashers will be happy ? Will you change your mind about Jack's interest next season ?
                            What I'm trying to figure out is how do we know for sure that this is what TPTB want to tell us.
                            And what about Thor's Hammer, Holiday, Tangent and Exodus ? It gives a lot more meaning to CJ's assumption about Jack and Teal'c.
                            Well seeing as Scifi has already posted what themes they will be using over the next few months, I don't think this is something we will be seeing. Personally, I think Scifi is using shippers to raise the ratings again. They've lost nearly 700,000 fans in one year and so you have to ask yourself why? What has changed since last year? Well, Jack is gone and there is no more Sam & Jack. So what changes are we seeing this year? We are getting five episodes with Jack and they are pushing the idea of Sam & Jack finally having some sort of resolution. Normally the show can count on their season cliff-hanger being enough to draw fans back to the show in July, but after the less than impressive ratings for Camelot, I think they are worried that they are going to lose even more fans by the time the season premiere comes around.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...32#post5122332

-

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost

About more interviews... I have some kind of challenge for Skydiver, of course when and if the opportunity to do it arises. An interview with Claudia Black about Vala, what we like about her, what we hate (well, some of us, not me of course) about her, and of course about anything else, Claudia is into music very much, this is great subject to talk to her about, too
                                the main reason i interviewed carmen was because it fit in with the shore leave convention. There's another actor who's going that, if all things fall into place, i'll get to interview as well once i'm there.

since claudia's not coming, that opportunity isn't htere for me. However i'm sure that darren is willing to interview any of the cast who consent.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X