Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    I'm neutral on the Sam/Jack ship but I'm glad about the commercials. And I'm happy for the Sam/Jack shippers! They have not had a good season 9, and this gives some hope.

I have usually liked how AT and RDA play out their feelings for each other. I just haven't liked that Sam always tries to talk with Jack, and it gets no where. It was starting to get embarrassing. I hope they don't give us that anymore.

I admit I grinned hearing AT and the others talk about ship so blatantly on SciFi! I'm glad AT said she was frustrated because she didn't want to be just Jack's girl (she isn't just this and has never been so). I also liked her grin at the end and I'm glad she commented that they are NOT in the same chain of command. I've assumed that they were, so it is nice to get an answer on that.

I've always respected Sam and Jack for not getting together even though they are attracted to each other--duty, regs, and saving the world come first. I never want them to get together if it means breaking the regs, but hey, if they aren't in the same chain of command.....
    and now that amanda and rick don't *have* to play the angst angle with their characters (since they're not in the same chain of command anymore), it'll be *super* great to see them be able to let loose and play it OPEN and RECEPTIVE to each other!

well, at least that's what i'm hoping for.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
      Lol I will... and dear god I think I just fell in love with Chris Judge....

Spoiler:
      In episode 300 Teal'c & Jack will get married and produce a symbiote??? BWahahahahahaha Chris... you da man!!
      I can see why Amanda likes playing with him
      Laugh, yeah he was pretty amusing. I love how he cracked himself up at the end. Kallesta was watching it with me and she immediately looked up and said 'Momma! It's Teal'c! See how funny he is! Aaaahahahahaha!
      Man I gotta figure out a way to let her meet him. I have a feeling they could keep each other amused for hours.

As for Amanda enjoying playing with Chris... *cough* I'll keep those thoughts to myself.

Comment

It's amazing how little it takes to get a bit of a positive buzz going! (Or maybe I just haven't ventured further into the forum... heh heh)

I think the little theme nights sound like fun! I haven't watched Stargate Monday in about a year, so that'd definitely get me hooked again. And little 10-second interview/blurbs with various combos of the actors, to boot? Oh, I'm definitely there!

Someone else mentioned it earlier, and I must say that I'm very intrigued by this blatant display of J/S ship, too. It's almost like they're suggesting it's canon. But I'm never one to look a gift horse in the.... OK, so I've looked them ALL in the mouth MANY times. I guess I just won't question it, won't look too deep into it, and I'll just go with the flow. It's just very interesting, and a very nice way for them to spruce of Stargate Mondays.

Sam Carter is much more than the other half of SamandJack, and my only regret about the topic is that Amanda Tapping ever felt like people regarded her as nothing more than that. I mean, to be honest, I'm sure there are people who don't - but there's a vast majority, I think, of people who liked Sam before they liked the idea of Sam/Jack.

So I've gotta ask - does anyone know where we can video of what CB, CJ and BB said this evening? I'm honestly gonna have to start watching Stargate Monday again.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          So I've gotta ask - does anyone know where we can video of what CB, CJ and BB said this evening? I'm honestly gonna have to start watching Stargate Monday again.
          http://null.digitalmyrth.com/SG/ben.avi
          http://null.digitalmyrth.com/SG/claudia.avi
          http://null.digitalmyrth.com/SG/chris.avi

Clips by me, thanks to Myrth for space.

Mirrors:

http://rapidshare.de/files/17152474/ben.avi.html
          http://rapidshare.de/files/17152663/claudia.avi.html
          http://rapidshare.de/files/17153571/chris.avi.html

Comment

Thanks!

But I have no video. Is that a bad sign?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Thanks!

But I have no video. Is that a bad sign?
              The clips are encoded in divX, perhaps you don't have it installed?

Comment

You'll need the divx codec. Get it from here (just click download, you don't need to put in an email address)

Comment

just a little something i'd like to share...

i've got to tell you about the convo my mom and i were having about vala today. i was explaining how poorly i felt vala was written, considering that she was supposed to be on the show on at least a recurring basis from the start. anyhoo, as i was explaining, my mom stopped me and said, 'so she's vala, from that other show?' i said, 'what?'. she said, 'you know, THE vala, from that other show with (she couldn't remember ben's character's name on farscape, so she called him something i can't remember ).

basically, my mom thought vala was claudia's character on farscape. when i was watching some of 'peace keeper's war?', and aeryn (sp?) was pregnant... my mom was confusing the two characters together. she was confusing me! especially when she called her THE vala.

i told her i was going to tell the entire group this, so she threw ice at me.

k, done with that mother/daughter bonding moment.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    You'll need the divx codec. Get it from here (just click download, you don't need to put in an email address)
                    Or instead of downloading just one codec, it's great to install the whole codec pack, like for instance K-Lite Codec Pack. It's free for d/loading and also no e-mail registration required - http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      just a little something i'd like to share...

i've got to tell you about the convo my mom and i were having about vala today. i was explaining how poorly i felt vala was written, considering that she was supposed to be on the show on at least a recurring basis from the start. anyhoo, as i was explaining, my mom stopped me and said, 'so she's vala, from that other show?' i said, 'what?'. she said, 'you know, THE vala, from that other show with (she couldn't remember ben's character's name on farscape, so she called him something i can't remember ).

basically, my mom thought vala was claudia's character on farscape. when i was watching some of 'peace keeper's war?', and aeryn (sp?) was pregnant... my mom was confusing the two characters together. she was confusing me! especially when she called her THE vala.

i told her i was going to tell the entire group this, so she threw ice at me.

k, done with that mother/daughter bonding moment.

sally
                      Great story, thanks for sharing Sally! So, your mom is a Scaper?

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                        Or instead of downloading just one codec, it's great to install the whole codec pack, like for instance K-Lite Codec Pack. It's free for d/loading and also no e-mail registration required - http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm
                        I'm not a fan of codec packs, since they will always install crap that you don't need. And sometimes that crap causes conflicts and other errors. Most of those codecs in that pack you'd barely ever use anyway. Xvid and Dvix are the two main ones you want, and install on demand if you come across any other codecs.

Comment

Hey guy's I had a thought (and since they don't come round all that often i thought I would make the most of it) I can't find a neverending fic thread. I was wondering if there was one or if we could start a sam/janet one. Just thought I would get anyone elses thoughts on the matter. Not a shippy thread necessarily but a neverending fic.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            I'm not a fan of codec packs, since they will always install crap that you don't need. And sometimes that crap causes conflicts and other errors. Most of those codecs in that pack you'd barely ever use anyway. Xvid and Dvix are the two main ones you want, and install on demand if you come across any other codecs.
                            K-Lite is OK, no crap and no conflicts or other errors. I'm using it about half a year now or slightly more and I'm happy with this one.

Comment

Thank you very much!

A.
                              VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by mudpuddle
                                Hey guy's I had a thought (and since they don't come round all that often i thought I would make the most of it) I can't find a neverending fic thread. I was wondering if there was one or if we could start a sam/janet one. Just thought I would get anyone elses thoughts on the matter. Not a shippy thread necessarily but a neverending fic.

Over at the Blue Jello Corner, they like to do little fic chain stories. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if someone added some Sam/Janet to that. Well at least I wouldn't mind

Comment

Working...
                                X