Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
    purely as an answer to your question: its ship (in our totally unbaised opinion)
    Hmm... well now Past and Present is throwing me.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
      Hmm... well now Past and Present is throwing me
      I'm thinking the episodes have to do with being lost... Solitudes - Sam and Jack.

There but for the Grace of God Daniel

Past and Present Memory

Grace Sam
      and
      Divide and Conquer Martoof, airing of secrets etc.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
        Hmm... well now Past and Present is throwing me.

I think they are showing season 3 episodes in the 6:00 episode each weekday evening. Then the four episodes in the Monday lineup this week are Sam/Jack ship related---some hint of ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          In Avalon, Cam said something to Sam about saving the world :

SAM: we'll still work together
          CAM: it won't be the same. What if the world needs saving?
          SAM: well if the world needs saving I will be there to do what I can.
          CAM: What if the world needs saving because I screwed up because you weren't here in the first place? How about we pretend I didn't say that.
          SAM: done.

Now, I'm curious about the highlighted part. It makes me think that they knew each other before TLC and that they had a common fighting experience. Which one ? I don't know, but it's something I'd like the writers to explore in season 10. It was like Cam felt guilty of something and Sam tried to bring him out of his guilt. I really wonder what's the history behind this little sentence.

Just two cents here that probably add up to less

but could Cam have been referring to the fact that in Lost City his Jet crashed and he wasn't able to finish the mission and Sam and SG-1 had to do it without him????
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

a rockin sam fic

http://nandamai.net/fic/?p=92

does have character death in it, not sam's, but it's so powerful
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              Just two cents here that probably add up to less

but could Cam have been referring to the fact that in Lost City his Jet crashed and he wasn't able to finish the mission and Sam and SG-1 had to do it without him????
              I thought that the F-302 squadron was supposed to distract Anubis' ships and keep them away from SG-1 long enough for them to be able to get the Ancient technology and save the world.

After Cameron crashed, it would have been the other F-302 pilots who finished the mission.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                I thought that the F-302 squadron was supposed to distract Anubis' ships and keep them away from SG-1 long enough for them to be able to get the Ancient technology and save the world.

After Cameron crashed, it would have been the other F-302 pilots who finished the mission.
                well I thought it was a long shot...but it was the only thing that the writers have alluded to so far that made me think of Sam saving the Day in some way
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

For tonights line-up

You know D&C deserved 2 pics
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i love solitudes. I think that's the eps when jack finally accepted sam and finally saw her as a true equal on the team...not just the egg head that had to be on it and did ok adn wasn't worth ticking hammond off to try and get her reassigned

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                      Kickboxing with Starbuck
                      Whooo! Sam/Kara!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        well I thought it was a long shot...but it was the only thing that the writers have alluded to so far that made me think of Sam saving the Day in some way
                        Sam does tend to save the day a lot. Maybe that's what Cameron was referring to, that he was afraid that a situation would arise that he knew he wouldn't be able to cope with, but that Sam would be more than able to handle.

Landry did end up practically begging to have Sam sent back to the SGC.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Sam does tend to save the day a lot. Maybe that's what Cameron was referring to, that he was afraid that a situation would arise that he knew he wouldn't be able to cope with, but that Sam would be more than able to handle.

And show her disrespect by not giving her command
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I just have a couple of minutes to check in before I have to head out to a performance but I wanted to let you know that I have added a few more pictures from Vancouver here

Included are some of AT - I still have several rolls of film to develop but I did a couple of good ones in what has been developed so far - I will be added more later tonight when I get home from tonights show.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...TappingCon.jpg
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

oh, for the shippers amongst us. at said this on skiffy tonight
                              Spoiler:
                              AMANDA TAPPING (on romancing the colonel)
                              "Initially I thought it was kind of fun to play and then I started to
                              resent
                              it because I didn't want Sam to 'the girl' pining for 'the guy' and
                              make it
                              about that where it got in the way of what an incredible, strong and
                              smart and
                              savvy character she was. Obviously there's a huge attraction between
                              the two
                              characters so now that the commanding officer is not in her direct
                              chain of
                              command, she can... maybe she can have some fun with him."

sigpic

Comment

mmhm, well if he read and memorized all the mission reports, hten i'm sure he read a lot of

carter did
                                carter saved
                                carter thought up
                                carter created
                                carter
                                carter
                                carter

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X