No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's one thing i have in common with sam, and something that kinda made her more 'real'...she's not perfect in every way. She can't draw (and i soooo can't either. stick figures are pushing it)

i love that teasing bit in learning curve, which was a continuation of the stick figures sam drew for cassie in singularity, when merrin draws sam as a stick figure, says 'that's sam' and jack goes 'of course it is'

so cute
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      that's one thing i have in common with sam, and something that kinda made her more 'real'...she's not perfect in every way. She can't draw (and i soooo can't either. stick figures are pushing it)

i love that teasing bit in learning curve, which was a continuation of the stick figures sam drew for cassie in singularity, when merrin draws sam as a stick figure, says 'that's sam' and jack goes 'of course it is'

so cute
      Yes, that was a great moment in Singularity with Cassie. "you're not alone"
      (And I'm like you--stick figures are a bit of a stretch for me too. )

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

so cute
        That's exactly why I choosed this aspect of Sam. I absolutely love that she isn't perfect. Sam can't draw, hey, neither do I. I think it makes her grounded into our reality. She could be our neighbour, our best friend and yet, she has this wonderful and incredible life. Those little things like the incapacity in drawing and maybe baking (she bought Cassie's birthday cake) make her like a real person and not a super hero. That's why I love Sam so much.
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Oh and when Sam falls asleep at the desk in Learning Curve--I wonder if it was AT who added the touch where she kind of wipes the drool away? A great "human" bit.

Comment

well? who is perfect? perfect is boring.

that's why, when it comes to comics, i don't care for superman, i like batman, because bats isn't perfect. he has flaws.

sam has flaws too. other thanthe obvious - lack of drawing and cooking - she also, at least at first, had a tendency to get a bit of tunnel vision when it comes to science. she gets a bit fixated and would need a leader like jack to keep her grounded, keep her looking at the big picture and grand scheme of things

which is another way she's grown over the years

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
              I agree completely that Sam is so strong a woman and so confident in herself that it would be difficult to ship her with anyone that wouldn't get immediately overpowered by her. She's hardly what I would call dominating or threatening, but I think that her ability to be completely sure of herself and happy with who she is could kind of perplex some guys. I think by this point in her life and career, Sam has reached the conclusion that she doesn't need a guy to complete her in some way. She is an individual and more than capable of standing on her own two feet; she is insanely intelligent, happy, and supported by friends. Sam has realized that she doesn't need to be defined by only one relationship and has instead become defined by her own actions and beliefs, a much more powerful statement for such a strong woman.
              Of course, I 100% agree! That's why I swiped this screen name as soon as I found out that Sam was being promoted! :-) Sam is awesome! I'd love the opportunity to meet Amanda Tapping...now that would be cool.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                Of course, I 100% agree! That's why I swiped this screen name as soon as I found out that Sam was being promoted! :-) Sam is awesome! I'd love the opportunity to meet Amanda Tapping...now that would be cool.
                welcome to samanda

what's your favorite sam episode?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  That's exactly why I choosed this aspect of Sam. I absolutely love that she isn't perfect. Sam can't draw, hey, neither do I. I think it makes her grounded into our reality. She could be our neighbour, our best friend and yet, she has this wonderful and incredible life. Those little things like the incapacity in drawing and maybe baking (she bought Cassie's birthday cake) make her like a real person and not a super hero. That's why I love Sam so much.
                  I think you're so right, Lys. Sam's someone you'd *want* to be your neighbor or friend. She's a hero because she's a "real" person who does extraordinary things.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost

Sorry When I finish "Origin" commentary transcript, I'll make some more screencaps from Avalon pt. 1 when Sam is talking to Mitchell via computer screen I love this DVD
                    That would be really cool, if you could help us post some high-res Sam pics. I really want to go through S9 and pick out the positive things, and if anyone else would like to do that as well, it could be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      That would be really cool, if you could help us post some high-res Sam pics. I really want to go through S9 and pick out the positive things, and if anyone else would like to do that as well, it could be fun.
                      Here there are two I've made earlier:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2..._VOL44_E-0.jpg
                      http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2..._VOL44_E-2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                        Cool. Do you have any pics from when Cameron and Sam were talking via satellite? I really liked that moment when I first saw it, as it suggested that they were friends prior to the events of TLC. And it still irks me that TPTB decided to let that friendship remain a mystery. How do Cameron and Sam know each other?

There are loads of fic out there that ship the two together (natch ), but I think there are some great fics where Sam, Cam and Sheppard were all in the Academy together - Sheppard was just a bit younger, I think. That's pretty cool, imo, and it would've been great if the writers had maybe suggested why Sam and Cam seemed so comfortable with each other in Avalon once Sam was back. Instead, it's never been explained.

So, do you guys think Sam and Cameron knew each other when they were young'ns, or do you think it's simply in Sam and Cameron's nature to be nice to each other, because of their mutual respect for each other? Or did they simply bond while Cameron was in the hospital?

I'd like to think Cameron and Sam knew each other early on. I think Ferguson mentioned something about how he and Cameron had sworn that they would get into the space program, or die trying. Perhaps that meant NASA.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          I think you're so right, Lys. Sam's someone you'd *want* to be your neighbor or friend. She's a hero because she's a "real" person who does extraordinary things.
                          Yea she would make a great neighbour except for those 'gas leaks'
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Cool. Do you have any pics from when Cameron and Sam were talking via satellite?
                            "Time and patience", as some blue lady on Farscape used to say Perhaps I'll upload them to photobucket tonight.

Comment

Cool. Do you have any pics from when Cameron and Sam were talking via satellite? I really liked that moment when I first saw it, as it suggested that they were friends prior to the events of TLC. And it still irks me that TPTB decided to let that friendship remain a mystery. How do Cameron and Sam know each other?

There are loads of fic out there that ship the two together (natch ), but I think there are some great fics where Sam, Cam and Sheppard were all in the Academy together - Sheppard was just a bit younger, I think. That's pretty cool, imo, and it would've been great if the writers had maybe suggested why Sam and Cam seemed so comfortable with each other in Avalon once Sam was back. Instead, it's never been explained.

So, do you guys think Sam and Cameron knew each other when they were young'ns, or do you think it's simply in Sam and Cameron's nature to be nice to each other, because of their mutual respect for each other? Or did they simply bond while Cameron was in the hospital?

I'd like to think Cameron and Sam knew each other early on. I think Ferguson mentioned something about how he and Cameron had sworn that they would get into the space program, or die trying. Perhaps that meant NASA.
                              In Avalon, Cam said something to Sam about saving the world :

SAM: we'll still work together
                              CAM: it won't be the same. What if the world needs saving?
                              SAM: well if the world needs saving I will be there to do what I can.
                              CAM: What if the world needs saving because I screwed up because you weren't here in the first place? How about we pretend I didn't say that.
                              SAM: done.

Now, I'm curious about the highlighted part. It makes me think that they knew each other before TLC and that they had a common fighting experience. Which one ? I don't know, but it's something I'd like the writers to explore in season 10. It was like Cam felt guilty of something and Sam tried to bring him out of his guilt. I really wonder what's the history behind this little sentence.
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                In Avalon, Cam said something to Sam about saving the world :

SAM: we'll still work together
                                CAM: it won't be the same. What if the world needs saving?
                                SAM: well if the world needs saving I will be there to do what I can.
                                CAM: What if the world needs saving because I screwed up because you weren't here in the first place? How about we pretend I didn't say that.
                                SAM: done.

Now, I'm curious about the highlighted part. It makes me think that they knew each other before TLC and that they had a common fighting experience. Which one ? I don't know, but it's something I'd like the writers to explore in season 10. It was like Cam felt guilty of something and Sam tried to bring him out of his guilt. I really wonder what's the history behind this little sentence.
                                Hmmm... I never thought of it like that before! I just always figured it was foreshadowing for when Sam would be needed back (not so much Cam "screwing up," however). It'd be cool if Sam had been there when they were "kids," and Cameron screwed up, and felt really guilty about it. Or even if it had been out of his control. Sam would've been there to help him out, and the two of them would always know about it, the secret that Cameron rarely talked about.

My problem is... They apparently made Cameron significantly younger than Sam, iirc, in Collateral Damage. Before, considering BB and AT are close in age, it made sense. But now... I'm not so sure. Isn't he supposed to be like 32, or some outrageously young age like that?

Nevertheless, I still think Sam and Cameron went through training or the Academy or something together. And I really like Myrth's idea of a round robin for the "200th episode." That could get kinda crazy, but I think it could be kinda fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X