Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc

Wow, Bink, isn't that the sig that Spazzy asked for?! Looks good.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
      Okay, I have a topic: Avatar! This is one of my favourite eps of the entire series. When I watched it again the other night, it occurred to me that one of the things I really like about it is how kickass Carter is (or Teal'c's representation of her?). I can never get enough of Carter & Teal'c.
      avatar was one of my fave eps of season 8!

first off, it was a great character study for teal'c. he's a hard character to write for because they've worked so hard to keep him alien.

but the thing i liked about the ep the most was that ending scene where sam, jack, daniel, and teal'c were holding guns on one another. yes, they weren't really our ppl (d and t were stuck in a hologram where sam and jack were totally unreal), but... that scene was the four of them together! as a team! interacting with one another! i LOVED that scene!

the ep, to me, had a groovy vibe too.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

avatar was one of my fave eps of season 8!

first off, it was a great character study for teal'c. he's a hard character to write for because they've worked so hard to keep him alien.

but the thing i liked about the ep the most was that ending scene where sam, jack, daniel, and teal'c were holding guns on one another. yes, they weren't really our ppl (d and t were stuck in a hologram where sam and jack were totally unreal), but... that scene was the four of them together! as a team! interacting with one another! i LOVED that scene!

the ep, to me, had a groovy vibe too.

sally
        Ditto on that, sal. I liked the ep (and hey, I got my bro to watch it with me, so that's a plus). Totally agree about the character study of Teal'c. He's brave and cocky for show, but deep down he does have fears and concerns.

/me misses Sam and Teal'c moments like the ones in Avatar

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          {snip}
          Spazzzy! Love the new sig. LOL "Hey, I'm cute and adorable!"

But I think rather than "automatically incompetant", it should say: "anatomically incompetant".

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
            I so agree......I loved the scene in Heroes, when Teal'c comforts Sam. No words are needed between those two.
            what i love about their relationship is teal'c comes off sometimes as a bear. a mean, strong, i'll-kick-your-butt-then-tear-it-off-and-shove-it-down-your-throat mutha bla bla. BUT, sometimes, when he's around sam... he's a sweet and gentle giant. and sam's brought this side out of him from the beginning.

and as much as teal'c is 'still' the alien... i think he sees and 'knows' things that would surprise the heck out of them. i've seen him know things about sam, that maybe she, herself, isn't aware of.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              how about Royal Hostess? Since you're gonna host us in july
              if i hadn't already been made vice president, i would have opted for, uh, royal hooker.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

if i hadn't already been made vice president, i would have opted for, uh, royal hooker.

sally
                Hmmm. I thought Royal Floozy was one of my subduties
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                  Whoa is right! She really looked like a different person in that scene. Everytime I rewatch that I feel so upset myself for both the character and Amanda. What she must have been feeling to expand on that
                  emotional breakdown. Whew!
                  i'd like to know how amanda prepared herself for that scene. what was she thinking about? did she have to stay away and to herself to keep in that darn place?

amanda was really awesome in that scene! *very* convincing.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Also I seem to remember something about another group of fans back in season6 who had an intense dislike for one of the producers at that time. For very similiar reasons too - they believed he was responsible for wrongdoings on the part of their favourite character. And it got to the point where they were making 'Wanted: Dead or Alive' postes with his face on them...
                    Seriously... if anyone from Samanda were to do that, they'd be flamed.

Feel free to flame me, too, if I lose my marbles enough to do something so unutterably imbecilic.

Not gonna happen, though.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Spazzzy! Love the new sig. LOL "Hey, I'm cute and adorable!"

But I think rather than "automatically incompetant", it should say: "anatomically incompetant".
                      Oh man, that would need a totally different picture, lol. Something a little less cute and cuddly.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities

i LOVE this! (it's the middle one i'm responding to)

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          You and me both. Sam might give up combat, but never the lab for long. Sal and others may dream of them happily settled down, but *I* don't want to see it. It's just not the show I know.
                          i don't want to see sam give up everything either. and why would she? unless she wants to be bored out of her scull, there's no reason to quit the whole kit and caboodle. (amanda didn't quit, and she's got a hubby and child)

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

i don't want to see sam give up everything either. and why would she? unless she wants to be bored out of her scull, there's no reason to quit the whole kit and caboodle. (amanda didn't quit, and she's got a hubby and child)

sally
                            Hehehe... Amanda's not really, uh, going through a wormhole housed within a two-story, alien ring to other planets where there are probably many, many, many bounties out for her. Kinda takes the edge off of it, eh?

/me lurves sally

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

I'm feeling nostalgic for some good Sam moments.
                              is this pic from the episode 'falling down'?

i loved that ep!

to remind my fellow samandans, it takes place after 'desperate measures'.

all the testing and such that those doctors did on sam took their toll. at first, sam was fine, but over a few weeks, she started feeling off and started feeling pain. it seemed to focus on her lower back, which just happened to be where most of the testing was done (spinal taps). when sam went to janet about the pain, janet gave her pain killers. but sam adjusted to the dosage, so janet upped it. then janet warned sam that if she stayed at that level, she would become addicted to them. so sam pulled back. but the pain didn't. so sam resumed. without janet knowing.

sam falls down. the pain is too much. the meds are either wiping her out or not working enough. and when she tries to pull back on the meds, the pain starts cutting into her and/or the withdrawl starts.

this was a great ep!

okay, this was an ep i *wanted* to see.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

is this pic from the episode 'falling down'?

i loved that ep!

to remind my fellow samandans, it takes place after 'desperate measures'.

all the testing and such that those doctors did on sam took their toll. at first, sam was fine, but over a few weeks, she started feeling off and started feeling pain. it seemed to focus on her lower back, which just happened to be where most of the testing was done (spinal taps). when sam went to janet about the pain, janet gave her pain killers. but sam adjusted to the dosage, so janet upped it. then janet warned sam that if she stayed at that level, she would become addicted to them. so sam pulled back. but the pain didn't. so sam resumed. without janet knowing.

sam falls down. the pain is too much. the meds are either wiping her out or not working enough. and when she tries to pull back on the meds, the pain starts cutting into her and/or the withdrawl starts.

this was a great ep!

okay, this was an ep i *wanted* to see.

sally

Uh... You DO realize that you have to produce a fic now, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X