Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam

I watched Heroes today (for the first time ever), and I don't mind admitting tears were shed. Powerful stuff, and such immense performances from all.
    yes, lovely in-depth and caring performances by all of them. So much more entertaining to me than the shallowness we've had lately
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      <snip> I'd love to see something akin to Death Knell, with Sam and Vala stuck, injured, on some planet and having to rely on one another to survive. AT and CB would rock an episode like that.

But I'm with you on
      Spoiler:
      The Omen Part Whatever. Talk about a horribly cliched storyline.
      I'd actually watch that episode. Though the writers would probably create a MCP village that Valla "sweet talks" into helping them...

Suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        oh lord yes. the poor creature's name should have been a varation of Cliche.
        I've been calling her
        Spoiler:
        Damia

Suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
          I've been calling her
          Spoiler:
          Damia

Suse
          lolol

sigpic

Comment

I've been calling her
            Spoiler:
            Damia

Suse
            I'm going with
            Spoiler:
            spawn of Dahak. After all, it was all done before in Xena.

grrrr kill kill kill
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              you know, i had to read that twice
              *snort*

Dirty, dirty, Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                I'm going with
                Spoiler:
                spawn of Dahak. After all, it was all done before in Xena.

grrrr kill kill kill
                Perhaps 'Hopeless' would be appropriate, as that's what the storyline strikes me as being.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost

She's looking at me! She looking at me! Me me me me me me me me me me me me meeee!

scarimor

Comment

[quote=Skydiver]
                    oh lord yes. the poor creature's name should have been a varation of Cliche.

I've been calling her
                    Spoiler:
                    Damia

Suse

Chortle!

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                      Perhaps 'Hopeless' would be appropriate, as that's what the storyline strikes me as being.
                      LOL!

(I hope it isn't though. Ooh, just wondering...
                      Spoiler:
                      Who's going to deliver it?)
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Melora
                        Hi Samandans!

Nice to know that I can consider myself a Samandan even though I really only lurk and have just posted here a handful of times. I can barely keep up with you all with just lurking!

I agree that was such a great scene. Both ladies were so delightful in that episode. And you’re right, there were many good moments between Sam and the other characters this season.

Although I have some (okay, a lot of) problems with Season 9, I think Sam has had many wonderful moments this year and I hope she will have even more next season. Some things I loved about Season 9 – Sam’s interactions with Cam and Daniel in Arthur’s Mantle, her reunion with Teal’c in Ethon, the ‘Mary Poppins’ scene in OTG, Sam in charge in Babylon and Stronghold (yay!), and of course multiple Sams in Ripple Effect (you can’t get much better than a roomful of Sams). As you can tell, I’m trying to be optimistic today and that has been a very rare occasion of late, so I thought I had better post now before I get all depressed and pessimistic about Stargate again.
                        These are great (and optimistic )!! If we look past our disappointments and annoyance and, I dunno... outrage?... I'm sure we could find many great Sam moments this season.

It would seem that the actors on Stargate have a knack for understating many things. It's part of the reason why I normally have to watch an episode twice. No matter what's in the script, some of the actors - with Amanda Tapping most definitely being one of them - have created these great nuances about their characters. And if you aren't paying attention, you'll miss them. But it's because they're so seamless and understated. They're not over the top or overacted. But they're there.

We could probably make it a bit of a challenge during the interim, where we try to catch each episode from Avalon/Beachhead and onward, and point out as many of our favorite things about Sam in those episodes as possible. Season Nine has been filled with hostility. Especially on this thread. I, for one, would love to be more optimistic like Melora. I'd like to be able to look at Season Nine and say, "Well, I looked at every square inch of the thing, and here are the good things I found." That'd be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                          LOL!

(I hope it isn't though. Ooh, just wondering...
                          Spoiler:
                          Who's going to deliver it?)
                          Dr Lam if it's born at the SGC, the Ori priors if it's born on the ship and, if SG-1 are around, either Cameron will turn out to be an expert midwife - maybe he learned from one of the relatives he rambled on about - or will panic through the delivery but rise to the occasion magnificently; or Sam will get the job because the writers think that it's something a woman should do.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Dr Lam if it's born at the SGC, the Ori priors if it's born on the ship and, if SG-1 are around, either Cameron will turn out to be an expert midwife - maybe he learned from one of the relatives he rambled on about - or will panic through the delivery but rise to the occasion magnificently; or Sam will get the job because the writers think that it's something a woman should do.
                            Daniel is the official midwife of SG-1 since Brief Candle. He'll do the job.
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

i think Hopeless is a bit apt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
                                Thanks for the welcome And what you wrote is exactly what I see on other boards. Already, people are commenting on what AT said at the convention and she is being critiqued apart for it. I agree, AT is a strong lady to put up with this crap. I mean, they are actors, and they have to take some of it personally.

Over the past few years, Carter has been blamed for everything, from stealing the show from Daniel to demeaning a soldier. I've been in the Navy for 19 years, and I would follow Carter. She is a strong character and leader. I also want to dispell this "she can't be a leader because she's a scientist"...I never heard of that in the military. Almost all military personnel have secondary jobs. Anyway...that's another topic....lol.
                                Great to have what we've been saying confirmed by a real military person!

Comment

Working...
                                X