Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    Wasn't Jack a brigadier general for a year before he was promoted again?

I'd love to see Sam as a full colonel.
    promotions to generals don't require a minimum TIG (time in grade). They're political: nominated by the president and confirmed by the senate. The minimum TIG for a promotion to full colonel is 3 years (but can be brought down to 2). The minimum TIS (time in service) is 22 years.
    Ok, that's all for today class, get your butts out of my room.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      As much as I hate to admit it, I believe you are correct Sky. I love the sfx, and I think Bruce, et al do a fantastic job, but a series like SG1 can't be driven by fx alone. It was the personal interactions between the cast, in the past, that got me so addicted. I miss the little jokes, the looks, etc. I know tptb keep stressing it's a "new show", but you don't toss out the baby with the bath water......I loved the old show. Can't we have a hybrid?
      That would be the best solution, definitely. Now when the new characters aren't new anymore, but are quite well established, there's a chance for more personal interactions in season 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
        That would be the best solution, definitely. Now when the new characters aren't new anymore, but are quite well established, there's a chance for more personal interactions in season 10.
        That's what I keep telling myself, but the First!Original Team clicked so well, IMO, they had their intereactions down by the 1st half of the 1st season (not that they didn't get even better as time went on). I just feel like there's no chemistry anymore. especially for Sam (of course I may be bias).
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
          That's what I keep telling myself, but the First!Original Team clicked so well, IMO, they had their intereactions down by the 1st half of the 1st season (not that they didn't get even better as time went on). I just feel like there's no chemistry anymore. especially for Sam (of course I may be bias).
          yeah. it's like the writers' idea of interactions now is one liners, sex jokes, propositions and other sorts of base, crude and juvenile humor

That's not the interactions that a team is made from. It sounds like something that you write sitting in a booth at your favorite bar after a few too many
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

promotions to generals don't require a minimum TIG (time in grade). They're political: nominated by the president and confirmed by the senate. The minimum TIG for a promotion to full colonel is 3 years (but can be brought down to 2). The minimum TIS (time in service) is 22 years.
            so...theoretically, if the writers chose to take this route - an i think netu will freeze before they take such a bold step, Sam could be promoted to full colonel. She has the time in grade, she'd just have issues with the 22 years of service

course, given the age they've made cameron, he doesn't have time in service either, he's certainly not portrayed as a 40+ year old man.

then again, as we've seen with the co-leaders and nepotism, they don't seen to care about the rules when it suits them

sigpic

Comment

If it meant Sam getting promoted, I could find it in my heart to forgive the writers if they bent the rules a little.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

How many royal titles are there in Samanda?
                Here's a couple of links from pg 1 of the royal postings, although I don't know where the updated list is
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=6973
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=7019
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

If it meant Sam getting promoted, I could find it in my heart to forgive the writers if they bent the rules a little.
                  well, it wouldn't surprise me if they bend them to promote cam...so i'd really love it if they'd do the bending to do something popular for once

Like proving that gender isn't the only determining factor in who can lead sg-1

sigpic

Comment

I'm still waiting for her to be decorated again. she got the Air Medal (3 points) in s2 for saving the world, which she has since done teal'c knows how many times, and Mitchell gets shot down in battle to defend the team saving the world again (which by the way included Sam...again) and gets the Medal of Honor (15 points)? no offence to Mitchell, but huh?!?
                    [/rant]
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      there's a few smut fic like that. sam and jack comparing scars and then kissing them better
                      Well then you must send the links to miniIWANTMYPRONgeek
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I believe we are currently around 18, but I may be worng.
                        Is there one yet for the Royal idiot?

Comment

I'm still waiting for her to be decorated again. she got the Air Medal (3 points) in s2 for saving the world, which she has since done teal'c knows how many times, and Mitchell gets shot down in battle to defend the team saving the world again (which by the way included Sam...again) and gets the Medal of Honor (15 points)? no offence to Mitchell, but huh?!?
                          [/rant]
                          yeah. poor research points for the writers.

the CMOH is quite often given posthumously because it's not a medal that they hand out like candy. It's the nation's highest honor. folks that get this, they get little perks like EVERYONE salutes them...even thier superiors. They get other perks and bonuses and little honorifics.

CMOH's are also not given out by mere lt colonels....the prez himself normally gets that honor.

I think that the writers, in their rush to promote cam and pimp him, forgot to google air force awards and do a little research....like they forgot to check that colorado springs actually has a zoo (chimera)

Unfortunately, all it does is open cam to more criticism than if they'd tried a little less of a hard sell.

Sam, for her actions, and Jack too, definitely deserve some really grand medals and honors...both of which, however, seem to be forgotten

sigpic

Comment

well, it wouldn't surprise me if they bend them to promote cam...so i'd really love it if they'd do the bending to do something popular for once

Like proving that gender isn't the only determining factor in who can lead sg-1
                            If they do decide to promote Cameron, can somebody warn me so that I'll know not to watch the episode? I may record it and take a hammer to the tape, though.

It would be lovely if TPTB promoted Sam and she resumed command of SG-1, and it would go a long way towards reconciling me with the new direction of the show and showing that Season Nine was an anomaly, rather than what I can expect from any future seasons if they would make the gesture to show that they know that their decision to demote Sam was unpopular and that they respect the opinions of the fans enough to do something about it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                              Is there one yet for the Royal idiot?
                              how about Royal Hostess? Since you're gonna host us in july

sigpic

Comment

that was some of the best bits about heroes as opposed to fire and water adn daniel dying. Janet's death brought them together in a way

and in the hall, when bregman confronted Sam and she was all ticked....whoa daddy, don't wanna get in her way when she's ticked
                                Whoa is right! She really looked like a different person in that scene. Everytime I rewatch that I feel so upset myself for both the character and Amanda. What she must have been feeling to expand on that
                                emotional breakdown. Whew!

Comment

Working...
                                X