Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    I know Sky is all about hair too, so I'll ask this here. Has any one seen Nick's new hair style on CSI?
    Yes, and I'm so happy I'm not the only one who dislikes it. Who the heck gave him the go ahead for that style? I definitely vote for an immediate haircut, preferably perfomed with sharp scissors, but I'd even go for dull ones. Nick......look in the mirror!!!!!

Thanks Mandysg1...thought it was just me.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
      "She's a livewire General" Jack said with a smirk from behind her. Turning, her eyes narrowed in irritation.
      "And you Colonel, are an a**hole."

You know I really need to finish that damn fic... I just fell in love with my Rebel!Sam concept all over again.. lol.. scuse me for a bit
      So. What are you waiting for? Go write. Please. 8)
      Last edited by KatG; 31 March 2006, 05:28 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Just to let you know, that part 1 of Avalon pt. 2 commentary is up - HERE Enjoy reading!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Actually it's later in the same episode.

She was talking to Hammond about how to use a shape charge to direct enough energy at the gate to force the wormhole to jump to another gate in the system. The doughnut was used as a prop as she discussed her plan:
          HAMMOND: I take it you still believe our plan isn't going to work?

SAM: To be honest, sir, I'm afraid the gravity field will dampen the effects of the explosive. We'll lose the SGC, but the wormhole will be intact. What's left of the mountain will collapse into the wormhole. Six months after that, the state of Colorado. Six months after that-- At least Daniel'll live out there.

HAMMOND: If you're wrong, and for once I hope you are, we can restart the SGC with the second Stargate at Nellis and in time we--

SAM: Wait a minute. Sir, that's it. We do use a bomb, but we focus the energy of the blast. When Colonel O'Neill and I were sent to the Antarctic gate, it was because we were under enemy fire.

HAMMOND: It caused an energy surge.

SAM: Yes, and that surge caused the wormhole to jump from one destination to another. If we can channel enough energy in the direction of our Stargate, it should cut the connection with the black hole and cause the matter stream to jump to any gate along the way.

HAMMOND: Leaving our Stargate connected to some other world.

SAM: Yes, sir, but then all we have to do is shut it down. Sir, we have to stop Colonel O'Neill.

That's it!!! Thanks Now I can sleep tonight without thinking about that damn donut LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            i was born in the 60s, so the 70s were my learnin' years.

sally
            early seventies here You previously mentioned you're 42? I'm 49

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              Mornin all.. evening, afternoon.. whatever

I just wanted to hark back to Sky's question from a few (dozen?) pages ago on the whole what woudl you change about an ep thing. I've been thinking about that and remembered a fic I have half.. ok sorta close to half done.

I never understood how not joining the SG program gave us a ridiculously dork Sam... I mean.. seriously.. I'm pretty sure she didn't inheret the love of bikes, lock picking and other nefariously kick ass and cool habits simply by joining the Air Force... lol.. although I loved what Amanda did with Geek!Carter I never bought into her ending up like that.. if you know what I mean.

So if given the chance I would take Moebius and have Sam as someone who had never joined the military and never went to college instead. In my fic the setup is that Jacob died not long after her mother, so Sam's hatred of the military and subsequent flounderings through the foster care system left her quite delinquent. Although a mathmatic and scientific genius still, she dropped outta college, hooked up with a biker gang and is secretly the world's most wanted cyber criminal. Stealing funds, redirecting government resources to aid those in need.. that kinda thing.

When we pick her up she's over her biker gang days and owns a small mechanic workshop in the desert somewhere... Jack & Major Davis come to fetch her because of the tape and they find a woman who is street smart, intellectually smart but unrefined, tough as nails, emotionally wounded and guarded and gives Jack the snark as good if not better than he dishes out..... just to quote from the fic...

"She's a livewire General" Jack said with a smirk from behind her. Turning, her eyes narrowed in irritation.
              "And you Colonel, are an a**hole."

You know I really need to finish that damn fic... I just fell in love with my Rebel!Sam concept all over again.. lol.. scuse me for a bit

God yes! Finish! And count me right in line to read it when you're done!

Comment

Hey all....I"m new to this thread....I am usually browsing the Jack/Sam thread...don't get to post too much, the crazy life of a first year teacher. I really enjoy reading what everyone has to say in here it is a really positive place to visit. Hopefully I'll get to post a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by yeahsureyabetcha
                  Hey all....I"m new to this thread....I am usually browsing the Jack/Sam thread...don't get to post too much, the crazy life of a first year teacher. I really enjoy reading what everyone has to say in here it is a really positive place to visit. Hopefully I'll get to post a lot.
                  Welcome to the thread, and don't worry we have a mixture of shippers and non/shippers and we manage to get along (well most of the time )
                  looking forward to reading your posts
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Thanks....I was wondering...heard a rumor a while back...but I'm thinking it's not true-Is Amanda Tapping going to be splitting her time up between SG1 and Atlatis?

Comment

Originally posted by yeahsureyabetcha
                      Thanks....I was wondering...heard a rumor a while back...but I'm thinking it's not true-Is Amanda Tapping going to be splitting her time up between SG1 and Atlatis?
                      early rumors from gabit - when AT herself didn't know what was going to happen - was that she'd be splitting her time. Yet, from all spoilers we've heard, she's not in the first half of the season of atlantis.

it's very possible that any crossovers that there will be will be in the later part of the season
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        I know Sky is all about hair too, so I'll ask this here. Has any one seen Nick's new hair style on CSI?
                        Sigh. Yes. Hate it. Almost as much as I hated the 'stash. The hair Nazi is leaving Sara alone lately, and being evil to Nicky.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                          yeah...I got one, count it ONE photo of Amanda and that was during the autograph session.

HEY SPAZ AND OTHER SAMANDANS!!
                          I finished my report...
                          Here it is, my report of the weekend. Enjoy

http://sunkrux.livejournal.com/ - look for the March 30th entry "Adventures in Stargate land"

Photos (all 6 of them) to follow. I'm too tired to deal with downloading/uploading them tonight.

I'm off to bed. You lot talk too much and I'm too tired to wade through all the fun right now. Someone pm me with anything good.

Great, detailed report Sunny! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            Um... Well... Hmm.

The circle's getting smaller, I think. We're down to discussing whether or not Carter is legally allowed to be on SG-1 because of the fact that women are not allowed in the frontlines, so yeah. That's nice.

Seriously? So...Carter's a woman so therefore shouldn't lead, or even be on SG1? That reminds me why I stopped reading that thread.

Better topic: On the topic of Sam having telepathy. I recently read a Fanfic where both Sam and Jack interacted with an alien device, one of the side effects was a mutal telepathy. I've been wracking my brain trying to remember the title!

Comment

Here's a good fic for shippers, set after Threads; an interesting look at Sam and Jack (and Daniel and Teal'c) from Mark Carter's POV:

http://community.livejournal.com/sta...ec/381710.html

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                                Great, detailed report Sunny! Thanks.
                                I got a fair number of pics, but UNFORTUNATELY, my pc is not letting me download them...guess it's time to buy a new one. Grrrrr............

The pic with my hubby is adorable....he thinks he looks terible but does agree that AT is gorgeous!!!!! I'll keep trying.
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X