Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    I know Sky is all about hair too, so I'll ask this here. Has any one seen Nick's new hair style on CSI?

Yes, and there's even a picture of him in this week's TV Guide comparing the hairstyle to John Lennon. (from the Beatles, for you younglings who may not recognize the name ) I don't think the bangs work for him.

And to keep this on topic, the magazine also has a great article about Mariska Hargitay from Special Victims Unit (she's on the cover in all her pregnant glory) and so much of what she says reminds me of Amanda. I get the feeling that she's a real class act like Amanda. And IMO, her character, Olivia, is like Sam not only because she's a woman in a traditional man's job, but because she's believable. The SVU PTB and Mariska should be given credit for creating another good female character.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      I think the difference between the two was Sam was saying their was an alien in her home. Given their line of work, that really isn't a very shocking/crazy/unusual thing for her to say. They'd certainly seen some really strange things in their travels.

Daniel, on the other hand, was having hallucinations, acting erratically, and showing signs of delusions.

I think a better Sam/Daniel situation comparison would be Sam's claims abour Orlin and Daniel's claims about having gone to another reality in "There but for the Grace of God". Danny made, from their perspective, a pretty wild claim-that he'd been to alternate universe. But it didn't take them long at all to believe him. Sam, iirc, was the first to see that what he was saying could really have happened.

Even when the team were questioning what had really happened to Daniel they stayed with him, they continued to talk to him about what had happened. And even without him being able to offer any proof, they quickly came to believe him and hijacked the Stargate on his word alone.

Compare that to how they treated Sam. They dismissed her claims entirely. They sent her home for 'rest'. They forced her to get a psych eval. And when Sam tried to talk to Jack about Orlin coming back, he couldn't get away from her fast enough. To me that wasn't supportive at all.
      season 5, to me, was the first sign of a crack in the stargate armor. meaning, it was the first season i started seeing some flaws in writing and such. i remember some of my friends saying that sg1 acted like pod ppl (but thankfully, they were back to normal in the second half of the season ). but it was the first time i saw imperfection...

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Geez! Will you stop it, Ooober! You're making me all broody. (Give me more pics, they're gooooooooooorgeous!)
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

who knew 1 donut would make Oooober work so hard
          next topic MEATLOAF
          Forget the meatloaf...

Let's talk LION BARS (which we sadly don't get in the States)

However, another Carter!doughnut scene...Avenger 2.0.

Felger, Sam and Chloe...great scene. Felger points to their calculations using the jelly doughnut and smears the goo on the whiteboard. He tries to wipe it off and succeeds in erasing some of the figures.

Sam shakes her head.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Was that a hint, Oooober? *shakes head sadly* You're just not very subtle, are ya?

Comment

You weren't by any chance reminiscing with Poz about the 60's and ...
              were you?
              i was born in the 60s, so the 70s were my learnin' years.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Awww, stop knocking RDA's legs. I think he has great legs. Next time he feels the urge to remove his pants for Amanda and the other castmembers, I hope they invite me to watch.

Wow, can't believe I just said that outloud. It's the meds I tell ya.
                but i agree! (and i'm not on meds )

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Does anybody know of any stories they would recommend that show or refer to why Sam didn't go on the first mission to Abydos?

It's something I've been curious about since I first saw 'Children of the Gods'.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    Was that a hint, Oooober? *shakes head sadly* You're just not very subtle, are ya?
                    Subtle schmutle.

I want my Lion Bars.

And my Toffee Crisps.

And those little Chocolate Malt thingers.

And those Jaffa cookies.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Well because I've been overrun with requests to see my new nephew by everyone here...

Oh wait. NO one has asked to see him. Except for Lida.

So, Lida, because you asked, here he is in his Gateworld debut. The rest of you are not worthy to gaze upon the bliss that is Elijah House. So, go on, turn away now.

I mean it. No peaking. Except for Lida.

YOU PEEKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ain't he a cutie pie??? Oh the hand belongs to my brother, Benj.

Ahhhh he's lovely and don't you just want to pick him up and give him a great big kiss!
                      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        Does anybody know of any stories they would recommend that show or refer to why Sam didn't go on the first mission to Abydos?

It's something I've been curious about since I first saw 'Children of the Gods'.
                        Ooooh. I saw an interesting one somewhere about how she was involved in a car crash and had to fight for survival, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX

Off hand I can't think of any, but you can use the advance search on the GW fanfic site, and put in season 1, it may come up with a few, you can also do the same with Heliopolis
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Forget the meatloaf...

Let's talk LION BARS (which we sadly don't get in the States)

However, another Carter!doughnut scene...Avenger 2.0.

Felger, Sam and Chloe...great scene. Felger points to their calculations using the jelly doughnut and smears the goo on the whiteboard. He tries to wipe it off and succeeds in erasing some of the figures.

Sam shakes her head.

Dear Ooooooooooooooberness, congrats on being an auntie.....again.
                            Your nephews and nieces, from the pics I've seen, are very cute.

Now, Ooooooooooooooberness, what do I hear ? You don't get LION BARS ? Are you sure about that ? I thought you had other ways to get them.
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Oooh, found this LJ page of Sam Icons. Lots of Pretties.

http://community.livejournal.com/spa...61.html#cutid1

Comment

Subtle schmutle.

I want my Lion Bars.

And my Toffee Crisps.

And those little Chocolate Malt thingers.

And those Jaffa cookies.

Did someone say Jaffa cakes

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X