Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    or, what if she'd gotten onto what makepeace was doing and got caught in the middle?

how about her facing having two co's in a row turn rogue?
    i did a story once in my head (remember, i'm a shipper ) where...

sgc knew there was a leak/mole working out of the sgc (even more than one perhaps). they didn't know who, so they decided to try to 'trap' the mole(s)... they used jack to try to bring out the leak. of course, he was forced to test his team first.

the gist was the jack would tell this person how disillusioned he was with how the sgc didn't 'borrow' tech (they needed it to fight the goaulds). so when he tells sam this, and says that he's willing to go 'over the line', he asks her if she'd help. when he tested daniel, daniel gave him an unending lecture that jack had to literally yell at him to stop. teal'c told him right out that he wouldn't let him do it. but sam... she said she'd help him. and since he was being recorded, sam was quickly arrested and thrown in a cell.

i had it that sam -after much, MUCH stumbling and resistance- ended up admitting that the reason she agreed to help jack was she felt she could control what was happening and talk him out of it/stop him. (of course, it also came out that she was in love with him and that *that* was getting her in more trouble than anything else ).

sam was cleared and sam and jack agreed to talk. they found the real mole and sam stayed on the team.

but i thought it would be interesting to *see* (like watching an ep) the possibility of sam being bad, only to find out that the extenuating circumstances were unselfish to the extreme.

sorry if this bored anyone

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      i did a story once in my head (remember, i'm a shipper ) where...

sgc knew there was a leak/mole working out of the sgc (even more than one perhaps). they didn't know who, so they decided to try to 'trap' the mole(s)... they used jack to try to bring out the leak. of course, he was forced to test his team first.

the gist was the jack would tell this person how disillusioned he was with how the sgc didn't 'borrow' tech (they needed it to fight the goaulds). so when he tells sam this, and says that he's willing to go 'over the line', he asks her if she'd help. when he tested daniel, daniel gave him an unending lecture that jack had to literally yell at him to stop. teal'c told him right out that he wouldn't let him do it. but sam... she said she'd help him. and since he was being recorded, sam was quickly arrested and thrown in a cell.

i had it that sam -after much, MUCH stumbling and resistance- ended up admitting that the reason she agreed to help jack was she felt she could control what was happening and talk him out of it/stop him. (of course, it also came out that she was in love with him and that *that* was getting her in more trouble than anything else ).

sam was cleared and sam and jack agreed to talk. they found the real mole and sam stayed on the team.

but i thought it would be interesting to *see* (like watching an ep) the possibility of sam being bad, only to find out that the extenuating circumstances were unselfish to the extreme.

sorry if this bored anyone

sally
      Sounds like a good story.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Thank you all for allowing me my wildly offtopic SQUEEFEST over my beloved new nephew.

Here are more pictures of the cutie patootie himself and my extended fam:

Yup. Not a happy camper.

SO wishing he were back in that nice warm womb right about now...

Mom (Nicole) and Dad (Ben) taking a good look at their newest.

Oldest child Emily holds Elijah while youngest female kidlet Evalyn stands off to the right.

Em still holding the young'un with middle girl Erika waiting her turn.

Ezra, who was formerly their youngest, REALLY wanted to hold him.
        (Notice how his dad is doing 99.9% of the actual holding here...but don't tell him, mmmkay???)

More pictures are available in his slideshow on his My Space page if you are interested in seeing the rest of the gang and more pictures of the laddie:

http://www.myspace.com/b6enhouse

Thank you again for letting me share this with you all, my Samandan family.

You know, I really should TRY to be on topic...at least partially...so how about I add...

SAM CARTER ROCKS.
        Okay. I feel better now.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          It was A Matter of Time, and she put it down because it was only to be used as a teaching aid on worm hole physics (what a class)
          Nope, not that one. I remember she was looking at her chalk board trying to figure out how to save us again and Teal'C walked in. She asked Teal'c if he knew anything about physics or something. It was either a jelly or powdered sugar donut and she licked her fingers after putting it back in the box. AHHH I hate when this happens! Brain freeze!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Well because I've been overrun with requests to see my new nephew by everyone here...

Oh wait. NO one has asked to see him. Except for Lida.

So, Lida, because you asked, here he is in his Gateworld debut. The rest of you are not worthy to gaze upon the bliss that is Elijah House. So, go on, turn away now.

I mean it. No peaking. Except for Lida.

YOU PEEKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ain't he a cutie pie??? Oh the hand belongs to my brother, Benj.

Aawwwwwweeeee. He is absolutely beautiful. Brings tears to my eyes.

Seriously, congratulation Auntie Oooober.

Suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
              Nope, not that one. I remember she was looking at her chalk board trying to figure out how to save us again and Teal'C walked in. She asked Teal'c if he knew anything about physics or something. It was either a jelly or powdered sugar donut and she licked her fingers after putting it back in the box. AHHH I hate when this happens! Brain freeze!
              Yup...that's from A Matter of Time:
              [Fade from Major Boyd's face on the monitors to Sam working on some calculations on a dry note board in one of the tents topside. An airman offers her a cup of coffee, which she takes, and a doughnut, which she does and then puts back into the box as she licks the glaze off her fingers.]

SAM: Uh--no, thank you.

TEAL'C: Perhaps with rest, the answers will come.

SAM: Hey, Teal'c. You know anything about quantum gravity?

TEAL'C: Nothing.

SAM: Apparently, neither do I.

TEAL'C: What do these equations represent?

SAM: Probably a life's work. I don't have that much time, unfortunately.

TEAL'C: How may I be of assistance?

SAM: We're experiencing a time dilation in a radius wider than the gate room itself. Most of the SGC in fact and it's expanding. But it's all happening in advance of the gravity field that's causing it. Now according to everything I thought I knew about relativity that is just not possible.

TEAL'C: Yet it is so.

SAM: Right. If it wasn't, we'd be pulled apart by now. You know, they're proceeding with a plan that makes assumptions about gravity and space-time with absolutely no regard for the fact that it completely contradicts our observations.

TEAL'C: I see.

SAM: In other words, Teal'c, they don't really know what the hell's going on, so they're just going to blow it up. There doesn't seem to be a damn thing I can do about it.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Have you notice when ever they do "doubles" its always Sam that has to play 2 parts (or more), in RE even though we had multiple SG1's the others never interacted with themselves (Just wondering)
                ahhhh, I do remember Double Jeapardy when Jack played and fought with himself or the clone.

Comment

Yup...that's from A Matter of Time:
                  [Fade from Major Boyd's face on the monitors to Sam working on some calculations on a dry note board in one of the tents topside. An airman offers her a cup of coffee, which she takes, and a doughnut, which she does and then puts back into the box as she licks the glaze off her fingers.]

SAM: Uh--no, thank you.

TEAL'C: Perhaps with rest, the answers will come.

SAM: Hey, Teal'c. You know anything about quantum gravity?

TEAL'C: Nothing.

SAM: Apparently, neither do I.

TEAL'C: What do these equations represent?

SAM: Probably a life's work. I don't have that much time, unfortunately.

TEAL'C: How may I be of assistance?

SAM: We're experiencing a time dilation in a radius wider than the gate room itself. Most of the SGC in fact and it's expanding. But it's all happening in advance of the gravity field that's causing it. Now according to everything I thought I knew about relativity that is just not possible.

TEAL'C: Yet it is so.

SAM: Right. If it wasn't, we'd be pulled apart by now. You know, they're proceeding with a plan that makes assumptions about gravity and space-time with absolutely no regard for the fact that it completely contradicts our observations.

TEAL'C: I see.

SAM: In other words, Teal'c, they don't really know what the hell's going on, so they're just going to blow it up. There doesn't seem to be a damn thing I can do about it.
                  OK Right! but the time when she was explaining about how a wormhole works using a donut as an example was a different eppy wasn't it?

Comment

Awwww congrats Uber... very cute

Thank you all for allowing me my wildly offtopic SQUEEFEST over my beloved new nephew.

Here are more pictures of the cutie patootie himself and my extended fam:

Yup. Not a happy camper.

SO wishing he were back in that nice warm womb right about now...

Mom (Nicole) and Dad (Ben) taking a good look at their newest.

Oldest child Emily holds Elijah while youngest female kidlet Evalyn stands off to the right.

Em still holding the young'un with middle girl Erika waiting her turn.

Ezra, who was formerly their youngest, REALLY wanted to hold him.
                    (Notice how his dad is doing 99.9% of the actual holding here...but don't tell him, mmmkay???)

More pictures are available in his slideshow on his My Space page if you are interested in seeing the rest of the gang and more pictures of the laddie:

http://www.myspace.com/b6enhouse

Thank you again for letting me share this with you all, my Samandan family.

You know, I really should TRY to be on topic...at least partially...so how about I add...

SAM CARTER ROCKS.
                    Okay. I feel better now.

sigpic

Comment

ahhhh, I do remember Double Jeapardy when Jack played and fought with himself or the clone.
                      Oh yea I forgot that one. It was funny Sam's reaction to the two of them fighting.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

OK Right! but the time when she was explaining about how a wormhole works using a donut as an example was a different eppy wasn't it?
                        Actually it's later in the same episode.

She was talking to Hammond about how to use a shape charge to direct enough energy at the gate to force the wormhole to jump to another gate in the system. The doughnut was used as a prop as she discussed her plan:
                        HAMMOND: I take it you still believe our plan isn't going to work?

SAM: To be honest, sir, I'm afraid the gravity field will dampen the effects of the explosive. We'll lose the SGC, but the wormhole will be intact. What's left of the mountain will collapse into the wormhole. Six months after that, the state of Colorado. Six months after that-- At least Daniel'll live out there.

HAMMOND: If you're wrong, and for once I hope you are, we can restart the SGC with the second Stargate at Nellis and in time we--

SAM: Wait a minute. Sir, that's it. We do use a bomb, but we focus the energy of the blast. When Colonel O'Neill and I were sent to the Antarctic gate, it was because we were under enemy fire.

HAMMOND: It caused an energy surge.

SAM: Yes, and that surge caused the wormhole to jump from one destination to another. If we can channel enough energy in the direction of our Stargate, it should cut the connection with the black hole and cause the matter stream to jump to any gate along the way.

HAMMOND: Leaving our Stargate connected to some other world.

SAM: Yes, sir, but then all we have to do is shut it down. Sir, we have to stop Colonel O'Neill.

Comment

Uhuh... so that's how it is hey... count yourself off the now *highly exclusive* list of people who can read my fic...

Meanwhile... MP... SHHHHHH!!!!!!! ACK and Sweet Jesus.... I have a mysterious reputation to maintain!!!!!!!!!!!! Hehehe

Although she does speaketh the truth... I've been recruiting and inducting people into the glory of Samanda

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Oooooooh! How Squeeeeworthy for Myrth. You, however, Mudpuddle, have my sincerest condolences. Having to put up with *shoots look at Myrth* that
                          sigpic

Comment

Nice slide show Ooooober thanks for sharing
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Actually it's later in the same episode.

She was talking to Hammond about how to use a shape charge to direct enough energy at the gate to force the wormhole to jump to another gate in the system. The doughnut was used as a prop as she discussed her plan:
                              HAMMOND: I take it you still believe our plan isn't going to work?

SAM: To be honest, sir, I'm afraid the gravity field will dampen the effects of the explosive. We'll lose the SGC, but the wormhole will be intact. What's left of the mountain will collapse into the wormhole. Six months after that, the state of Colorado. Six months after that-- At least Daniel'll live out there.

HAMMOND: If you're wrong, and for once I hope you are, we can restart the SGC with the second Stargate at Nellis and in time we--

SAM: Wait a minute. Sir, that's it. We do use a bomb, but we focus the energy of the blast. When Colonel O'Neill and I were sent to the Antarctic gate, it was because we were under enemy fire.

HAMMOND: It caused an energy surge.

SAM: Yes, and that surge caused the wormhole to jump from one destination to another. If we can channel enough energy in the direction of our Stargate, it should cut the connection with the black hole and cause the matter stream to jump to any gate along the way.

HAMMOND: Leaving our Stargate connected to some other world.

SAM: Yes, sir, but then all we have to do is shut it down. Sir, we have to stop Colonel O'Neill.
                              who knew 1 donut would make Oooober work so hard
                              next topic MEATLOAF
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Uber nice pics, you must be so proud.

It sooo takes me back to when i had mine.

My bad.... less about me and myrth

SAM CARTER KICKS ORI A*SE

Comment

Working...
                                X