No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well because I've been overrun with requests to see my new nephew by everyone here...

Oh wait. NO one has asked to see him. Except for Lida.

So, Lida, because you asked, here he is in his Gateworld debut. The rest of you are not worthy to gaze upon the bliss that is Elijah House. So, go on, turn away now.

I mean it. No peaking. Except for Lida.

YOU PEEKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ain't he a cutie pie??? Oh the hand belongs to my brother, Benj.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Yeah...with his 6 and my sister's 5 + 3 (5 are hers and 3 are her husband Richard's). You know this could explain why I am very happy in my role as an aunt and at this point have absolutely no interest in becoming a mom. As an aunt, I can see them, play with them, fill them up with sweets and send them packing back to their moms and dads.

But then, I'm not married yet either...it's possible my priorities will change when I meet Mr. Right.

Congrats Oooober!! How Exciting!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
        I think this is one of the reasons that Desperate Measures is one episode where I actively search for fanfic tags or missing scenes. It felt so incomplete the way it aired that I need to see something more. (Veiled plea for fic recs here. Sky, I've read all of yours. Many times. )

I also would have changed the ending to Ascension-I would have dealt with the fact that her team didn't trust her-or support her. I would have liked her to have been pissed at them, and really felt they should have apologized. Ascension is, for that reason, the episode I most hate in all nine years of Stargate.

yes, that part of 'ascension' is weak too. i know i would have been ticked if i'd have been treated that way (and by my friends no less).

but i still love that ep and have it on tape. (that phrase sounds familiar )

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Well because I've been overrun with requests to see my new nephew by everyone here...

So, Lida, because you asked, here he is in his Gateworld debut. The rest of you are not worthy to gaze upon the bliss that is Elijah House. So, go on, turn away now.

YOU PEEKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely PEEK worthy
          He's beautiful Auntie Oooober
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Definitely PEEK worthy
            He's beautiful Auntie Oooober
            Definitely more peekworthy than RDA's legs. Awww, he's gorgeous and so tiny! You and your family are so incredibly lucky, Ooober.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              OK, I'm giving away my age, but I DO remeber Sky Pilot......Skyyyy Pilot, how high can you fly? Maybe t'is time to refrain from posting any further this evening. It was not one of my better days.....take care all. Looking forward to the "overnight posts".

YES!! You'll never, never, ever, reach the sky. Of course it was a metephor for drugs I believe. Were you a hippie Lida?
              I loved Sam's 1969 clothing. It brought back memories. Of course she looks good in everything .

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                I would definitely like to see more of the personal effects that some of these storylines have on the characters and see them extended beyond the reach of that particular episode. The concept of Jolinar was brought back repeatedly, so we got some sense of continuity there, but it bothers me sometimes how easily ideas and emotional circumstances are kind of forgotten. The characters are people and shouldn't just begin with a clean slate every week; it obviously wouldn't be productive to have them moping and weeping over their lives all the time either, but a few references would be nice. Continuity is god.
                quite a few months ago, when joe mallozzi was still posting, he made a *joke* spoilers thinger and said that sam would get telepathic powers. joke or not, i LOVED the idea and told him so!

really, even if it were for a short time, i think it would be cool for sam to have 'extra sensory powers'.

OR, how about this?! sam gets a conk on the head (another one ) and starts... seeing dead ppl. janet, jacob, sokar, marilyn monroe, etc, could pop in to see sam!

sorry, guys, but i'm in such a giddy and happy mood now. since getting the info that rda/jack is coming back, and amanda saying there might be some s/j ship stuff coming... i'm in a perpetual happy mood!

feels soooo dang good

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                  Mornin all.. evening, afternoon.. whatever

I just wanted to hark back to Sky's question from a few (dozen?) pages ago on the whole what woudl you change about an ep thing. I've been thinking about that and remembered a fic I have half.. ok sorta close to half done.

You know I really need to finish that damn fic... I just fell in love with my Rebel!Sam concept all over again.. lol.. scuse me for a bit

Mandy, Myrth has been trying to get this fic done for at least the last 12 months, i would not suggest that you hold your breath.

I will do one thing for you though and give her a kick in the pants to try and get her moving.

Comment

Originally posted by mudpuddle
                    Mandy, Myrth has been trying to get this fic done for at least the last 12 months, i would not suggest that you hold your breath.

I will do one thing for you though and give her a kick in the pants to try and get her moving.
                    Please, please do!! So. How do you know Myrth?

Comment

YOU PEEKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an adorable little bambino! Look how tiny he is compared to that hand! My son was 8 lbs 6 oz. I forgot how tiny newborns are

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        quite a few months ago, when joe mallozzi was still posting, he made a *joke* spoilers thinger and said that sam would get telepathic powers. joke or not, i LOVED the idea and told him so!

really, even if it were for a short time, i think it would be cool for sam to have 'extra sensory powers'.

OR, how about this?! sam gets a conk on the head (another one ) and starts... seeing dead ppl. janet, jacob, sokar, marilyn monroe, etc, could pop in to see sam!

sorry, guys, but i'm in such a giddy and happy mood now. since getting the info that rda/jack is coming back, and amanda saying there might be some s/j ship stuff coming... i'm in a perpetual happy mood!

feels soooo dang good

sally
                        You weren't by any chance reminiscing with Poz about the 60's and ...
                        were you?
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Please, please do!! So. How do you know Myrth?
                          High school best friends, lost each other for ten years and then found each other again 18 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                            Apple butter (without too much cinnamon).
                            Great on toast, with butter on toast, with peanut butter on toast...

Suse
                            who loves good bread
                            Oooh, a woman after my own heart! Forget the pastries, candy and ice cream. Give me a nice, warm loaf of fresh bread and I'm in hog heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by mudpuddle
                              High school best friends, lost each other for ten years and then found each other again 18 months ago.

Oooooooh! How Squeeeeworthy for Myrth. You, however, Mudpuddle, have my sincerest condolences. Having to put up with *shoots look at Myrth* that

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

feels soooo dang good

sally
                                They did that with Buffy and it was hilarious at first but then her brain overloaded so on and so forth . It was fun watching her hearing what others were thinking. AT could pull that off with the great facial expressions she makes.

Comment

Working...
                                X