• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT: Hey, anyone for spaghetti?

[:knows this one's gonna get me into trouble: ]
    scarimor

Comment

Guy in background: Ah geez they're at it again, we'll never get out of here today!
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
        Jack and Teal'c were both essentially on their own when Daniel visited them. Sam wasn't alone in "Metamorphosis".
        True, but it still would have been nice to have seen some kind of interaction between Daniel and Sam, even if they had to show it in memory flashbacks like in Orpheus when we see that Daniel had been with Bratak and Ry'ac at the mining camp. I suppose I'm grasping at straws, but they could have written a storyline to include Sam had they truly wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          When I think back on that episode, it seems rather flat. I didn't realize it when I first watched it, because that was my first episode. But after three years, when I look back at Full Circle, Daniel's interaction with the others - specifically, for some reason, Sam - seems off. I don't know how to explain it exactly. Is there a reason behind that? Were they trying to fit too much information into one episode?
          You weren't the only one. I definitely felt the interaction between Daniel and Sam in this episode was off. After hearing about the cut scene between them, I had always thought that the way Daniel treated Sam in the earlier part of the episode was the reason they eventually had the discussion, but sadly we won't ever see that. I wish they would at least release them as deleted scenes on a DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost

I just realized you said "JellY" shots. Is that something different?
            jelly is jello in the UK

whereas here in the states, Jelly is stuff you put on bread
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Hey... What would you say the ratio of men to women was? 1:5? 1:7?
              Well I can tell you in our group of 70+ Gateworlders who attended the GW dinner on Friday night, there was no more than a handful of men in the group. I would think the female/male ratio has to be at least 4 or 5:1 at the very least and the women tend to spend huge sums of money too. I think the numbers at Gabit last year were more like 8 or 10:1 if not higher.

Comment

Even if the boys did square it in the end in Ascension. There was still a period of time where Sam was dismissed with a 'yes, dear, go knit something'.

Daniel did get treated a bit of the same way...but he was only locked up in the nuthouse when he reallly went crackers. Sam, from the beginnnig, was told she was working too hard

I would think that there would have been some fallout simply because, well i know I'd be ticked off

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Well I can tell you in our group of 70+ Gateworlders who attended the GW dinner on Friday night, there was no more than a handful of men in the group. I would think the female/male ratio has to be at least 4 or 5:1 at the very least and the women tend to spend huge sums of money too. I think the numbers at Gabit last year were more like 8 or 10:1 if not higher.
                  check out any list, any group, and it will be about 75% or more female

yet the males are the only fans skiffy seems to care about.

And, i don't know about you, but me, as a mature females, have a heck of a lot more disposable income than your average 19 year old male

sigpic

Comment

This is not directed at anyone in particular but with all the talk of trying not to be negative about the show ot other characters, etc., and what AT may, or may not, want to read and how she might feel about it, I would think that AT might be more upset at reading discussion of her miscarrigaes, etc., on this thread more so than stuff about how fans think the new characters negatively affect the show, Carter and the other characters - that's just me though.

I do think this goes to what people perceive as apporpriate and inapproriate/negative and postive on this thread. I agree with Sally - people should just be honest and say what they want to say (as long as they are respectful) the Forum rules should apply other than that I say state your mind honestly.

Comment

Yes. We will not turn this thread into a police state with someone saying 'omg, do NOT say that, you might offend amanda!!!!!' and censor each other.

Keep the discussions within the rules and we're golden. Which does mean, sometimes, that the convo will go into a topic/are that not everyone likes. Dem's the breaks.

I would reckon to say that, if AT really does lurk here upon occasion, she's heard it all before.

However, this IS the sam thread. Talk about Cam and Vala and Landry and the others all you want...but it needs to relate to Sam.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        You weren't the only one. I definitely felt the interaction between Daniel and Sam in this episode was off. After hearing about the cut scene between them, I had always thought that the way Daniel treated Sam in the earlier part of the episode was the reason they eventually had the discussion, but sadly we won't ever see that. I wish they would at least release them as deleted scenes on a DVD.
                        Does anyone know what they were supposed to tell each other in the cut scene ? I don't know if there's a reason for that or if it's only my interpratation of the lack of interaction between Sam and Daniel, but I've always felt that Sam was upset with him for the most part of the episode and that she only calmed down when she realized back at the SGC that they could never see him again for good. Her being upset with Daniel's attitude at the beginning, I can understand, but why later if they talked to each other, even if we didn't see it ?
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

And again, just to let you know that parts 3 and 3 1/2 of Avalon pt. 1 commentary transript are up - HERE Enjoy reading!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            jelly is jello in the UK

Ah, I was wondering if it was something like that. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              jelly is jello in the UK

And we call that jam.

<-- blue jelly
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                                And we call that jam.

<-- blue jelly
                                Hmmm? I call it jam also *wonders if scarimor is from the great white north*
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X