No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yupp. I can see you being mama bear! In a nice way, of course. You have that vibe.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
      and majorsal's request for a Jack/Sam 'kissy' one (oh what a surprise )

yeah!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starprops
        I'd change the end of Desperate Measures - It always bothered me that Jack handed Sam a gun and sent her out to look for the missing gould, whenhe had know idea what she'd gone through, we know she'd been drugged to the gills for most of the 4 or 5 days she'd been theresoooooo Anyway I would have had Sam be the one who encountered the gould and was shot - how Jack, Daniel, Tealc and Janet woud react could have been a couple of episodes, a scene here or there...

Heroes pt. 2 would be the other - I would have had Sam use the healing devise on Janet, to stabalize her... I just miss Janet and loved the friendship she and Sam shared...

THAT ending to Desperate Measures would make a great fanfic. Any fanfic authors out there want to take this?

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          Just a quick post, as I am still jet lagged, we returned from Vancouver last evening. HOWEVER, my thanks to everyone I met from this fantastic thread and thanks to EVERYONE here on Sam's Thread.....Amanda told me whenever she starts to feel "down", she comes here and reads OUR thread and marvels at the wonderful things we write about her and her character, and it makes her feel better. I was so happy when she said that. So, you all have a fan and a friend in Amanda.

On a side note, MY HUSBAND charmed Amanda, and she let me take their pic, with her hugging him, at the brunch....we were the last table she visited, and he MELTED. I think he's still babbling.

I'll post the pic later...and more good stuff, but you were all right...to meet Amanda is to love her. My admiration, respect and just plain adoration for her now knows NO bounds. She is one truly beautiful woman, inside and out.

OK, I've gushed enough......
          I feel the same way. When Naeara and I came out of the brunch on Sunday all we could say was WOW. We were totally awe struck. She is so full of energy, really sweet and nice, beautiful, I could go on but I won't.

When I went to the photo shoot, the only thing I could think to say was that I was a member of Samanda and she thanked me and gave me a squeeze. She was great!
          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
          Hic Comitas Regit
          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Oh Royal Bartender!!!!!

May I have a sangia? Failing that, a nice hard cider?

Suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              isn't it priceless???

and doesn't he have the skinniest legs????
              Since you have enjoyed the picture, how about a GIF(t) ????

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                Oh Royal Bartender!!!!!

May I have a sangia? Failing that, a nice hard cider?

Suse

Just for you, Suze

Comment

Huh, did you say something TJ? *can't take eyes off of Token's post*
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                    Ok, I feel the need to preface the following... you guys know I'm no card carrying member of the RCC fanclub right... far as I'm concerned he's one of those power-tripping middle management types and shouldn't be in charge... but...

In fairness to the truth and in the spirit of Amanda's intelligence, I feel the need to point out that Cooper alone is not likely to be the issue for Amanda. External pressure is likely to be governing the craptastic journey that was season 9 (the lazy ass writing I simply can't explain).. but the character changes and direction shift etc... all smacks of outside pressure.

I would hope that someone who looked Amanda in the eye from day to day wouldn't do that... but then perhaps there's a lot of staring at the ground in the hallways over there.

I suspect Coop's sin is a lack of back bone in standing up for and defending the principles and philosophies and people that have made SG-1 a unique and defining television show in the genre. To put it simply he doesn't have the balls to maintain the unique presence SG created.. so welcome to cliche-tv land.. please watch your step
                    Right there with you on this - it strikes me and I have often thought he has no cajones at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

Just for you, Suze

Thanks! Ya know, I don'r even like red wine much, but this I can down myself in a few hours. Gorgeous pic!

To be on topic: Wonder what drink Sam and/or Amanda like?

Suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Thanks! Ya know, I don'r even like red wine much, but this I can down myself in a few hours. Gorgeous pic!

To be on topic: Wonder what drink Sam and/or Amanda like?

Suse
                        We've had this discussion a few times and decided Rum and Diet Coke.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          We've had this discussion a few times and decided Rum and Diet Coke.
                          I actually had jello shooters for the FIRST time ever a couple of weeks ago... I agree with the rum and Diet Coke, but I can see her having fun with the jello.
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                            I actually had jello shooters for the FIRST time ever a couple of weeks ago... I agree with the rum and Diet Coke, but I can see her having fun with the jello.
                            For the first time? What a sheltered life you've led! Our local lesbian bar used to hand them out to us for free. And no, I was NOT paying the manager by other means

Comment

This is very interseting discussion. But should it really be here on the Samanda thread? The Anti-Seaon 9 is almost dead and a lot of the stuff siad seems to belong in anti-season 10. <g> I know, I've been there. And feel very comfortable there.

I guess my point is would Amanda feel comfortable here now.

Suse
                              re-lurking
                              i'd like to make a comment about that (the highlighted part).

only speaking for me, i'd want to be *myself*, not put on a show for someone that might be reading here (amanda, a power that be, elvis presley, etc). maybe what amanda likes is when we're real, not the greatest hits of politically correct?

sally
                              Last edited by majorsal; 29 March 2006, 10:19 PM.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                i'd like to make a comment about that (the highlighted part).

only speaking for me, i'd want to be *myself*, not put on a show for someone that might be reading here (amanda, a power that be, elvis presley, etc). maybe what amanda likes is when we're real, not that greatest hits of politically correct?

sally
                                I agree with Sally. One of the things that upset me about the Torri threads was the change after Torri came. Although a lot of it could never be seen on teh surface, lots went on behind the scenes to squash anything that people didn't want Torri to see. I remember making a comment along the lines of "Wet!Weir pics.... drrooooool" and got bomarded with red and got PMs to delete the messages. Same when we discussed "platonic thunking" and Lexa and I said that for us it wasn't platonic.

If you start policing threads, how far do you go? I agree to a large extent with what you're saying about this thread turning into Everything-But-Samanda, but at the same time, we're not here to decide what Amanda does and doesn't like reading in a thread. Noone here can say Amanda wouldn't want to read this, delete it. The only guidelines we have are the Gateworld forum guidelines and, as long as we abide by those rules, there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

/soapbox

Comment

Working...
                                X