Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc
    On my self-assigned mission to get Carter to 400 - for anyone who has not voted, or who may be new, Carter is up to 392 in the Who Should Lead poll - I say let's get to 400 - it is only 8 more votes!! (You do not have to go into the thread to vote - the poll is at page 1.)
    Okay Carter is now at 401 - thanks to all who have voted. My next self-assigned milestone is 500 -- come on we can do it.

If you are new and/or have not yet voted give it a try at the Who Should Lead poll in the General section. The poll is on page 1 of the thread so you do not have to venture into the fray on the thread itself.

Thanks to all for the reports and the photos from Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
      Ooh, my 400th post :shock!: Better make it entertaining...

Something for me and Agent_Dark then:

Awwww... CUTE!!! Sam/Vala shippers will love it!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
        Okay Carter is now at 401 - thanks to all who have voted. My next self-assigned milestone is 500 -- come on we can do it.

If you are new and/or have not yet voted give it a try at the Who Should Lead poll in the General section. The poll is on page 1 of the thread so you do not have to venture into the fray on the thread itself.

Thanks to all for the reports and the photos from Vancouver.
        Just voted! Go SAM!
        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

and majorsal's request for a Jack/Sam 'kissy' one (oh what a surprise )

Last edited by scarimor; 29 March 2006, 07:01 AM.
          scarimor

Comment

you guys should offer these animated gifs to darren, see if he wants to add them to the lineup.

that way they'll be available to everyone without having to hotlink
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              you guys should offer these animated gifs to darren, see if he wants to add them to the lineup.

Thank you Skydiver I've sent him a PM with a link:
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=116
              scarimor

Comment

not really. they're not THE show, they're just pawns moving the plot along
                Spot on. Given people aren't crazy about said plot (Ori - yawn, Jaffa nation - meh, alien tech saves our arses at the last minute instead of Tau'ri ingenuity - pleeeze, etc.)

Not to mention the abandonment of so many potential story arcs, alien races, etc. The killing off of dear characters such as Janet and Jacob.

Big MEH. Maybe they'll find their legs in S10 - I'm really really hoping....but as for "TEAM" driving the show like it used to - dunno. The good news is that there's lots of SAM in S10!!! That alone gives me hope....

Can you tell I'm trying really hard to be a glass-is-half-full type? I know. Needs work.

Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Comment

Great suggestion, Sky!

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                    Spot on. Given people aren't crazy about said plot (Ori - yawn, Jaffa nation - meh, alien tech saves our arses at the last minute instead of Tau'ri ingenuity - pleeeze, etc.)

Not to mention the abandonment of so many potential story arcs, alien races, etc. The killing off of dear characters such as Janet and Jacob.

Big MEH. Maybe they'll find their legs in S10 - I'm really really hoping....but as for "TEAM" driving the show like it used to - dunno. The good news is that there's lots of SAM in S10!!! That alone gives me hope....

Can you tell I'm trying really hard to be a glass-is-half-full type? I know. Needs work.
                    I'm generally the optimistic type, so I'll try to help you along. I have great hopes for lots of team stuff in season 10. I thought season 9 had some great team moments, just not enough. Maybe the writers can settle in this year now that they've introduced the new characters [for good or for bad] and realize that they have a great cast all around and that they use them better as a team.

Comment

I've just finished listening to the commentaries for the first four episodes of season 9 and I must say I absolutely adore Rob Cooper now. Listen to him in the commentary for Avalon pt. 1, he explains it in a very detailed way. For them, season 9 IS a new show, completely new direction, like season 1 of something different, while within the same framework. Let them continue what they've just begun in a really great way.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                        I'm generally the optimistic type, too. I have great hopes for lots of team stuff in season 10. I thought season 9 had some great team moments, just not enough. Maybe the writers can settle in this year now that they've introduced the new characters [for good or for bad] and realize that they have a great cast all around and that they use them better as a team.
                        Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                          I've just finished listening to the commentaries for the first four episodes of season 9 and I must say I absolutely adore Rob Cooper now. Listen to him in the commentary for Avalon pt. 1, he explains it in a very detailed way. For them, season 9 IS a new show, completely new direction, like season 1 of something different, while within the same framework. Let them continue what they've just begun in a really great way.
                          On Edit: Without going too far OT, what did he say?

That's good to hear, it helps me be a bit more positive; although prior to the S9 premier we did keep hearing about how it was a new show, etc. And now we've seen S9. Part of me has misgivings - I mean, its hard for me to have faith if it needs explanation. (That's my bias from being in the ad industry - we used to always say if you need to explain the ad its not going to have the desired effect no matter how great we think it is.)

I've been watching since COTG and constantly watch the whole series in order in its entirety and in my eyes the very framework has changed so much you can hardly call it 'the same great framework'. I just don't see it, but that's just one little miniscule viewpoint - I'll watch and see and look forward to doing so along with all of you in Samanda.
                          Last edited by WhatFateAlmondRoca; 29 March 2006, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                            I loved the old SG1 - 8 seasons. I want the old style show. For me season 9 isn't great, the show is a shadow of it's former self and everything that made it a unique show. I don't need big names or a large cast. I want the small nucleus of SG1 working together as a team.

Have you watched the first 8 seasons formerhost?

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              I loved the old SG1 - 8 seasons. I want the old style show. For me season 9 isn't great, the show is a shadow of it's former self and everything that made it a unique show. I don't need big names or a large cast. I want the small nucleus of SG1 working together as a team.

Have you watched the first 8 seasons formerhost?
                              Well said Coley, perhaps this is one of the many reasons the ratings went down this season.
                              (have a feeling s10 may be the last ) *Hmm? not sure if I'm sad if it means they finally get to make the movies with the original cast of course.
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Welcome welcome and welcome. I haven't been on ALL the threads on GW but I enjoy this thread immensely. I'm sure you will as well.

Oh, and I DEARLY miss Janet! I don't understand why they felt the need to remove her from the mix - she is wonderful and I really really hope they bring her back!
                                So do I! She was so much more fleshed out and real than most secondary characters are. She was written and played so consistantly. She had such a unique relationship with all four of SG1. I still find infirmary scenes rather dull, without her.

Comment

Working...
                                X