Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll pout real good to help the cause

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Laugh, I said I'd give you my personalized autograph, but I can't guarantee she'll write what I ask her to; however, as for the pose you want for the pic, *LOL* keep dreaming love, I don't think Amanda will do that for me.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      [color=blue]Just a quick post, as I am still jet lagged, we returned from Vancouver last evening. HOWEVER, my thanks to everyone I met from this fantastic thread and thanks to EVERYONE here on Sam's Thread.....Amanda told me whenever she starts to feel "down", she comes here and reads OUR thread and marvels at the wonderful things we write about her and her character, and it makes her feel better. I was so happy when she said that. So, you all have a fan and a friend in Amanda.
      i'm sooooo glad you went, lida!

and amanda comes *here* to feel better? yes!!!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Shhhh... ack.. ok I've been outted... I'm the secret love child of Cooper & Wright My first name is Yor and imagine how I feel having to sign
        Yor Wright-Cooper on everything... gah.. the pain... I tell you!!!

Ok that was lame.. but I did actually win fair an square, for once logic seems to have won out on the day

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Wow...lots of wagers made about Jack returning. And now you're collecting I see.

Methinks thou art connected, O Myrthy one.

Perhaps you know RCC or Brad? Any kind of family connections goin' on???

Hmmm.

I smell a rat here.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Ok, I'm not a shipper, but I know *that.* RDA, sigh.
          i've come to believe that god rewarded women everywhere for putting eve through heck (you know, the first ship of all time: adam/eve ) by giving us RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON.

*sighs, but with a sexy 'how you doin'?' vibe to it*

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Well unfortunately I think RDA was pushed to the forefront of the episodes because in all reality he was needed to keep the show running. For eight seasons, the network and the MGM wouldn't agree to another season unless RDA was a part of the show; that's why so many episodes had to be worked around RDA so that his character could be in the episode. But I really think for most of the fans, the show became less about Jack/RDA and more about the team back in season one, but that doesn't mean that the suits weren't correct in their assumption that the series would not have survived without the character of Jack. Granted by season seven and eight, it was safe to assume that there was enough background storylines and fan support that even without Jack the show could have continued. I for one had hoped that in season nine that Stargate would truly become an ensemble cast with no leading characters, but it's obvious by the way things played out that the suits still don't believe that Stargate is capable of surviving with only Amanda, Michael and Chris. Because not only did they bring in Ben and Claudia, but they brought in well known names like Beau Bridges and Lou Gosset Jr and from what I have heard we may be hearing announcements in the future regarding other big named guest stars. I'm secretly hoping for Johnny Depp. I mean come on Peter Deluise should be able to pull that one off don't ya think?
            I don't know, he might have more pull to get the dolphin from Seaquest
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yeah, exactly. JR Bourne was the same way at the Sunday breakfast. I'm not sure if he did it at the other tables, but when he came to our table he pointed at each person and said 'I've met you. I haven't met you. I've met you, right? Hmm, haven't met you. Nope, haven't met you either. Then said, wow that's cool. I've met two of you before.' I think he intrigued and impressed our table. Like Amanda, he is really charismatic. I think Stargate has done an amazing job at hiring actors who are not only very good actors but they have great personalities and a wonderful sense of humor; but there are a few like JR and Amanda who really stand out in my mind because of the way they treat and interact with the fans.
              Kat I heard some folks from other tables talk about JR doing this - I think he did that at almost every table he went to.

This worst thing about this con is that there were so many fans I wanted to meet and/or talk to more that I did not get the chance too. I wish I had felt better on Sunday because as great as it is to see the actors I enjoy the fan interaction more. I look forward to meeting more folks at Shore Leave.

Amanda gets better everytime I see her and she handles everyone with grace and poise. Even those fans that ask off the wall questions. Not many people make everyone feel special and important the way Amanda does.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Sam Carter just got her 400th vote in the Who Should Lead thread!

woohoo.
                Last edited by DEM; 28 March 2006, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Darn my need for sleep! There's been like 8 pages since my last post! Ok, everyone stop posting right now so I can catch up

What?

Originally posted by DEM

woohoo.
                  Woo hoo indeed
                  Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                  Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    You looked gorgeous, babe! You might think it's a horrible picture, but I think it's fab!
                    Fab... :| are you joking!?!?!? lol, well ok, thanks.... *you're craaaazy*

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Great reports, Samandans, keep 'em coming. MajorSam, you may want to tell some of the newer Samandans why Amanda recognized you. Would you care to share that original photo of the two of you from ages back? Of course, I guess the Orangeator will hide your face again, eh?! BUT IT SHOULDN'T NOW IF SOMEONE HAS ACTUALLY POSTED A PHOTO OF MADAM PRESSIE! I haven't seen it yet - working backwards on the thread tonight.
                    I’ve been gone for so long I don’t even know who the new ones are *sob* I miss the old days… I guess I could recap though?? I don't like sounding that im' showing off, so sorry if I ever seem like that with these stories, i'm just in constant shock that I could be so insanely lucky as to have had these experiances... it's Amanda, I can't help gushing at times!

I met Amanda for the first time at an on location filming of Sg-1, the episode Desperate Measures, filmed in 2001. I was all young and goofy in those days, and Amanda just totally made me numb with star-struck shock. I hung out there with her, in between her filming her abduction scene (heeh, Amanda!fighting) and overall that first meeting concreted the admiration I’d had for about 3 years before that. She was absolutely BRILLIANT.

Throughout the years I’ve met her at cons and such, in which she’s always remembered me, and as well I’ve been in on most of the online chats over the years. In November of 2004, I had the absolutely brilliant stroke of luck of being able to interview her. She gave a fantastic interview, as well as a ride home for me *falls off chair at memory* This is the first time we’ve met face to face since that interview, but we have talked a few times  She is seriously the most wonderful person alive… I’ve no idea what I ever did to deserve being able to talk to this fantastic person so many times. *goes on for an hour gushing to computer screen how great she is*

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    MajorSam, our Madam President of Samanda, had posted photos of herself and AT on the early, early pages of this thread. She always cleverly "oranged" her face out of the picture ... it became a running gag at the time. But now she's gracing the main page of GW and you can see that she has nothing to hide! Picture this gal in her army uniform doing weeks of military training too ... another Sam Carter, Jr.!

We love you MajorSam and so glad to see that you've had time to "come home" here to Samanda lately!!
                    *sigh* oh that orangerator… *shakes head* really was a felon! I still have all the orangerated pics saved along with the normal ones… haha, every time I go into that folder I laugh

You are all seriously insane and need glasses. That pic posted of me is terrible! Like… oy!!! I think i'll just deny the existance of that pic... Although now that I've apparantly "been REVEALED" where's all YOUR pics at, hmm?? I'm feeling lonely and exposed here!

I do like this pic though…

Originally posted by jafacakes
                    That is so amazing , how did you managed that ? It must have been an amazing experience to be able to hear tptb view of their work and to be able to put to him your views . I'm incredibly jelous of you , but also so gratefull you are sharing your experiences with us

And a big to everyone that has shared your con reports , ForeverSg1,, Lida, MajorSam, SunKrux and all the others I missed, tried to green all of you as I went along until it wouldn't let me anymore Loved all your stories.
                    Lol, I was just incredibly lucky to get that dinner. I wasn’t the only one there, but we all had a great time, Joe’s awesome. I hope we represented the fandom well… Don’t be jealous! *blush* sheesh people… I'm just thankful I had the confidence to go talk to her at the times I did, trust me, she is the most understanding generous person out there, no matter how nervous or freaked out you are, trust me, i've been there, Amanda just melts your inhibitions away... the definition of "Warm and Fuzzy inside" I swear...

| I’m glad you liked all the stories, I’ve still got some more if anyone wants  I think… *tries to remember Amanda’s panel*
                    Last edited by MajorSam; 28 March 2006, 09:23 PM.
                    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

woohoo.
                      Wow with all this good news coming out we are on a role here fellow Samandans
                      Once again thanks to all that have posted their memories about the con, it's a real treat to be a part of somthing so special as i will not be able to come to a con anytime soon because we have (in Amanda's words) a "new" house that Papa smurf built that is taking all our money!
                      On the bright side my new little Grand daughter is now smileling at me, she's so cute!
                      ......TARA......

Comment

Ok so I was talking to Uber tonight on MSN and I reminded myself of two things that happened at the con that I forgot to mention earlier.

Over the weekend, one of the men attending the con was reenlisting in the service. I believe it was the navy, but I'm not 100% positive. Anyway, I believe a high ranking officer came down to oversee the ceremony, but Amanda was given the honorary title of Lt. Colonel( again my memory is really bad so I may be wrong about the title so feel free to correct me ) and was to asked to be a part of the ceremony. Later that day during the Q&A, he thanked Amanda for being a part of the ceremony. It was actually quite touching.

Then later in the Q&A someone asked Amanda why Joe and Ben had both been asked to fly with the Thunderbirds, but she hadn't been to which she got this shocked look upon her face and said 'I know! What's up with that?? Then jokingly said that she couldn't have been any worse than Joe seeing as he had thrown up. She said that she had actually asked why she had never been invited to fly with the Thunderbirds and was told that they didn't think that she would be interested. She went on to say that she may be given her chance soon and she was really looking forward to it.

So there ya go. Our Amanda may soon be flying with the Thunderbirds.
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 28 March 2006, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Over the weekend, one of the men attending the con was reenlisting in the service. I believe it was the navy, but I'm not 100% positive. Anyway, I believe a high ranking officer came down to oversee the ceremony, but Amanda was given the honorary title of Lt. Colonel( again my memory is really bad so I may be wrong about the title so feel free to correct me ) and was to asked to be a part of the ceremony. Later that day during the Q&A, he thanked Amanda for being a part of the ceremony. It was actually quite touching.

Later in the Q&A someone asked Amanda why Joe and Ben had both been asked to fly with the Thunderbirds, but she wasn't to which she got this guffawed look upon her face and said 'I know! What's up with that?? Then jokingly said that she couldn't have been any worse than Joe seeing as he had thrown up. She said that she had actually asked why she had never been invited to fly with the Thunderbirds and was told that they didn't think that she would be interested. She went on to say that she may be given her chance soon and she was really looking forward to it.

So there ya go. Our Amanda may soon be flying with the Thunderbirds.
                          Yes, it was indeed the Navy! and I didn't know about that Lt. Colonel thing... that is so amazing!

*insert vid clip of Hammond in Out of Mind going YEEHAAAA except it's Amanda instead of Don, and it's real*

GO AMANDA!! I really hope she does get to go. She'd apparnatly expressed interest many times before but they didn't think she was serious? Oh well, she's psyched for it, I hope it gets to happen

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Dude.... and you didn't mention this before now?! Gah.. AD.. I think we need to pay our Canadian friend a visit

Squee... Amanda!Downunder!! it even kinda rhymes [is ludicrously excited by the sentence alone]

Originally posted by MajorSam
                            Well Amanda is really hoping to make it out to Australia next year... there's no way she could have this year, but she's trying. When one actually see's how welcome and inviting Amanda is I've seen that they can't HELP themselves saying hello to her!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Indeed mini on all counts..... specially the bit about you Sammo

Originally posted by minigeek
                              She sounds like one of those people who make a point of remembering other people's names when they meet them, and make a point of caring (not only is that fabulous for the industry she's in, but,) it's a gift/trait I REALLY REALLY admire. That someone can meet you (for the first time or the hundredth) and still make you feel so special.

Thanks so much for sharing that MSam. Feels like we were all there with ya.

(And YOU ARE gorgeous, hun!)

Hugs {{ }}
                              mg
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                                Dude.... and you didn't mention this before now?! Gah.. AD.. I think we need to pay our Canadian friend a visit

Squee... Amanda!Downunder!! it even kinda rhymes [is ludicrously excited by the sentence alone]

Well at some point next year I might be IN Australia finally... so Amanda!Downunder, here I come!!!

HAHA, can you imagine Me, You and AD at an Amanda con together.... buahahah.

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Working...
                                X