Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lida
    Just a quick post, as I am still jet lagged, we returned from Vancouver last evening. HOWEVER, my thanks to everyone I met from this fantastic thread and thanks to EVERYONE here on Sam's Thread.....Amanda told me whenever she starts to feel "down", she comes here and reads OUR thread and marvels at the wonderful things we write about her and her character, and it makes her feel better. I was so happy when she said that. So, you all have a fan and a friend in Amanda.

On a side note, MY HUSBAND charmed Amanda, and she let me take their pic, with her hugging him, at the brunch....we were the last table she visited, and he MELTED. I think he's still babbling.

I'll post the pic later...and more good stuff, but you were all right...to meet Amanda is to love her. My admiration, respect and just plain adoration for her now knows NO bounds. She is one truly beautiful woman, inside and out.

OK, I've gushed enough......

Hi Lida, thanks for you're con info and how lovely that Amanda comes here to this thread, it's really left me feeling really proud that she is reading fantastic things about her as a person,actress and what she has given us in the character of Sam

Also thanks to Carsonsgirl for you're lovely report and as a Sam and Jack fan i'm so looking foreward to s10 now!
    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      ((((Lida))))
      I'm so glad to hear you had a great time (and a little jealous)
      I did have a great time, but please, don't be jealous. The first thing I brought up with her was this thread, all her wonderful supporters and Samanda. All of you made me so proud to be a part of this fabulous place. I just wanted you to know that she is humbled by our admiration, and does read what we write, and it touches her. Oh great....I'm getting teary eyed.

I have some really exciting news to tell all of you, but I'm going to wait just a bit, because I still can't believe it really happened and will happen. I promise, as soon as I get definite details, you will all be the first to know!
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
        [i]

Ok...one more tidbit for those Jack/Sam shippers here. I'll put it in spoiler tag, to spare those silly, non J/S fans of having to read it. So if you're not....don't click that button down there...
        Spoiler:
        A fan asked Amanda why Sam didn't chose Pete...and from somewhere in the VERY back of the room came "Cause Jack's Hotter" (hee hee, it was me...not ashamed to admit it) and Amanda looked at the fan and said, with one hand out towards the back of the room, "There ya go".

Ok, I'm not a shipper, but I know *that.* RDA, sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
          Can I be the one person to NOT want Amanda to have a talk show? I might watch it once or twice just to see her, but those shows are soooo blah, no matter how wonderful the host, and I don't want Amanda wasted on something I won't watch. Give her a nice action/adventure series with some great comedic moments. That's my favorite genre and I won't miss an episode! [It's all about me, eh?]

Carson's girl, this gal likes The Spike Channel, too.

Thanks to everyone for the con reports!!! It's nice for y'all to fill in for those of us that didn't/couldn't attend!
          no you aren't the only one. if she did one, i'd watch it, but i think she has way way way too much talent as an actor and director to be a talk show host. she's definitely got the personality, and the comedic ability, but she has too much talent to just host a talk show. not that there's anything wrong with hosting a talk show. i just think that AT should be making it big as an actor and director.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
            Just a quick post, as I am still jet lagged, we returned from Vancouver last evening. HOWEVER, my thanks to everyone I met from this fantastic thread and thanks to EVERYONE here on Sam's Thread.....Amanda told me whenever she starts to feel "down", she comes here and reads OUR thread and marvels at the wonderful things we write about her and her character, and it makes her feel better. I was so happy when she said that. So, you all have a fan and a friend in Amanda.

On a side note, MY HUSBAND charmed Amanda, and she let me take their pic, with her hugging him, at the brunch....we were the last table she visited, and he MELTED. I think he's still babbling.

I'll post the pic later...and more good stuff, but you were all right...to meet Amanda is to love her. My admiration, respect and just plain adoration for her now knows NO bounds. She is one truly beautiful woman, inside and out.

OK, I've gushed enough......
            Wow, I'm glad we in our small way are giving back to her. Based on these various accounts, she seems to understand that fans get a little tongue tied or over excited and is nice to everyone. And she doesn't take the conventions as a way to just make an extra buck. (though maybe she sees it as a nice bonus for Olivia's college fund ). She seems to really care. Gosh to put up with some of the strange people--germ lady?--like 100s of convention goers aren't germ factories?

On the Lifetime network--remember AT's movie will be shown there in about a month. The regular networks don't do movies of the week anymore so we've got to rely on them.

Comment

Can I be the one person to NOT want Amanda to have a talk show? I might watch it once or twice just to see her, but those shows are soooo blah, no matter how wonderful the host, and I don't want Amanda wasted on something I won't watch. Give her a nice action/adventure series with some great comedic moments. That's my favorite genre and I won't miss an episode! [It's all about me, eh?]

Carson's girl, this gal likes The Spike Channel, too.

Thanks to everyone for the con reports!!! It's nice for y'all to fill in for those of us that didn't/couldn't attend!
              No, you're not the only one. AT's talent would be wasted on a talk show. I'd love to see her in the kind of show you mention or many tv movies with a variety of roles. I wouldn't mind seeing many interviews *of* her, on the other hand.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Wow, I'm glad we in our small way are giving back to her. Based on these various accounts, she seems to understand that fans get a little tongue tied or over excited and is nice to everyone. And she doesn't take the conventions as a way to just make an extra buck. (though maybe she sees it as a nice bonus for Olivia's college fund ). She seems to really care. Gosh to put up with some of the strange people--germ lady?--like 100s of convention goers aren't germ factories?

On the Lifetime network--remember AT's movie will be shown there in about a month. The regular networks don't do movies of the week anymore so we've got to rely on them.
                Doesn't Lifetime also have some good tv shows like Strong Medicine..and I can't remember the others, but they do more than talk shows don't they?
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

It's great that you guys went and represented us so well

i can't wait to hear all the nitty-gritty details
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

tehy do have some good movies/shows

but they also have a steady diet of '_____ life story' quickly done movies....mostly shot in vancouver where the cost is cheap

watch a lot of lifetime and you'll see a lot of familiar faces
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                      LOL, I've heard it called "codependent man-haters channel".
                      Annnd... SPIKE TV would be....?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Forgive yet another post here (I'm technically on Spring Break this week, though I have papers to grade , so I'm enjoying hanging out here). Anyway, I pulled out the DVDs last night & watched Chain Reaction for scientist Sam and Absolute Power was on the disk too.
                        You know how Sam is always the one looking out for the civilians? I noticed something I hadn't before in Absolute Power. When the whirlwind thing (out of which comes Shifu) starts up, she kind of pushes Kasuf behind her for protection and he stays there. Clearly even with his traditional culture he knows Sam has the stuff.

Comment

hi everyone. i just wanted to post and say thank you to everyone who posted about their experiences in the con. very sweet of you, and amanda sounds like a wonderful person. and i thought i'd mention how jealous i am of everyone who met her, u lucky people. im glad everyone had a nice time though.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55

What am I? The only person not to know about this? LOL.

Please remind us [me] closer to the date!

[Actually, I think I started reading something about this a while back, but work must have interrupted my free time, and this thread moves soooo quickly... well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.]

edited: or if someone could give me the name of the movie and approximate date it'll be on, I can mark my calendar...

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                              hi everyone. i just wanted to post and say thank you to everyone who posted about their experiences in the con. very sweet of you, and amanda sounds like a wonderful person. and i thought i'd mention how jealous i am of everyone who met her, u lucky people. im glad everyone had a nice time though.
                              Is it just me who thinks Amanda's appearance at this last weekends convention was overlooked-way too much! On Sunday the Michael Shanks story was posted first thing in the morning but we still haven't seen anything on Amanda's appearance on Gateworld. The current 8 x 10s of her that are new and available to purchase are just 2 from Season 9. What's going on?Then she isn't slated for all espisodes in Season 10. Now we know why there hasn't been a resolution in the J/S ship. The story's not over but will it end where we hope it would?

Comment

What am I? The only person not to know about this? LOL.

Please remind us [me] closer to the date!

[Actually, I think I started reading something about this a while back, but work must have interrupted my free time, and this thread moves soooo quickly... well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.]

edited: or if someone could give me the name of the movie and approximate date it'll be on, I can mark my calendar...
                                Good question...is it Rembrance? Golden Will? Life or Something Like It?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X