Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    prophecy?
    Nope, you're 1 season ahead
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      ... I'm hoping I have at least a dozen or so good photos. Here are a few I have managed to play with a tiny bit. They aren't great, but at least it's something.

I'll try to post more tomorrow as I probably won't be home until 10pm EST. Hopefully these will tide you over till I get home or someone else can post some better quality photos of AT's Q&A.

Con & Brunch Photos

Edit: One comment I will make and I'm not sure if Tsaxlady or MajorSam has made this before, but there is a photo in my slideshow of Amanda and Executive Producer John Smith. He had some really wonderfully sweet things to say about Amanda and what she's meant to the Stargate franchise. Basically he repeated what he has said in the past that Amanda was/is their second next to RDA. I was really happy to hear one of the producers finally come out publically and say how much her presence has helped to make their jobs easier on the show over the past nine years. Hopefully Sony and SCIFI will take these words to heart as well. I don't believe that Amanda IS Stargate, but they would be truly stupid to believe that she wasn't a major asset or the character of Sam is not needed or wanted.
      Kat, these are terrific! You've gotten some great closeups, thanks so much for sharing your slideshow.

Has anyone mentioned the unusual bracelet AT's wearing? Is it a new memento from the armed forces serving overseas? I know she used to wear a bracelet given to her when she visited the troops in Afghanistan a couple years back until it finally broke or wore thin. I'm just wondering - did she refer to it at all? I can't tell if it looks more Native American (Canadian) or could be a new gift from the troops.

I'm delighted to hear that a PTB came onstage and praised Amanda - about time! Maybe they did hear some of the roars from the crowd last year after all. She's a class act and deserves to be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Rite of Passage in the end when Sam is talking with Cassie about fireworks and love?

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
          Rite of Passage in the end when Sam is talking with Cassie about fireworks and love?
          Yep you got it and win the prize...oh sorry I don't have a prize, I know have a drink on the Royal Bartender
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Get a room already
            You know you just want in on the action, babe!
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

well, she's in the hall and she's got that 'the dang alarms just went off' look on her face
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yep you got it and win the prize...oh sorry I don't have a prize, I know have a drink on the Royal Bartender

Excellent. I'll take a Stella.

Comment

Excellent. I'll take a Stella.
                  Ewww, beer for the lose

Comment

Hi there SB darlin'... I'm doin well....wanna go makeout?

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    oh i see what this is. its not just me, you're just the love 'em and leave 'em type. fine. hey myrth! how you doin'!
                    sigpic

Comment

I was wondering that too. It is interesting timing for the executive producer to come out and say this at a convention. I don't mind, mind you, but it is interesting timing, given what happened last Fall.
                      My only comment on the N. John Smith lip service is "talk is cheap" and "actions speak louder than words" and I do not like what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                        Hi there SB darlin'... I'm doin well....wanna go makeout?

please, not in front of the children
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          well, she's in the hall and she's got that 'the dang alarms just went off' look on her face
                          Yea, but can't you tell, that's "Oh Dominic" look on her face
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            You know you just want in on the action, babe!
                            *runs away and hides behind Teal'c (because he's sooo big)*
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Whipping... we're having a whipping and no-one told me??!! How rude.... [runs to whip cupboard]

Shh Oooober, don't let Myrth finds out about the whipping, remeber what happened at the Samanda Pool
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                                Sentient Gentlebeings of Any and All Ilk,

A fellow sentient whose considered opinion of the character of Cameron Mitchell is strongly negative wishes to ask a boon of you all, and begs your indulgence aforehand in hearing her request.

Please, I beg ye, send me a p-mail, an e-mail (I have my Gateworld account set to accept e-mails in hopes of getting (a) response(s) to this request), an instant message, any form of communication other than on the thread, where I presume that no one wants such things to be seen, and please, explain to the socially-challenged geek (me) what constitutes “bashing” and what constitutes “acceptable criticism,” because, by Auset and the Morrighan both, I find myself at a loss to distinguish them, and I very much want to be able to do so. (I fear I’m not a Functional Telepath, greatly to my chagrin, in case anyone needs to know such before attempting communication. ) After all, it wouldn't be kind, would it, to expect me to conform to other people’s standards, if I do not know what those standards are? And, as a person with a very negative view of the Cameron Mitchell character, one thing that vexes me most direly about repeatedly reading how I’ve probably perpetrated injury to the feelings of others, is that I’ve never read exactly how those injuries were incurred. I see that I’ve been overly negative, and I’ve been bashing, but, what is too negative? What constitutes bashing? What *can* I say? Where *is* the line? Please don’t assume I know. I’m in dead earnest when I say I don’t know how others mean and define the terms – I have my own definitions, but, they’re obviously inadequate to the needs of others. Please tell me what *you* call bashing. Please.

Please – I’m really not understanding these terms, and I want to understand. Call me a social ignoramus (it’s okay, really – I’ve already called myself one above ), if you will, but I believe the nuances of this bashing / criticism continuum to be beyond my natural data-analysis capacities, and, therefore – I need concrete guidelines delineating good (acceptable criticism) and bad (bashing), in order that I may avoid repeating the objectionable behavior in the future. I’m throwing my insignificant self onto the kindness of this thread in hopes of having those guidelines delineated. Help!

So, I beg you, be explicit – tell me that when I say “Cameron X Y and Z”, that’s bashing; when I say “AB Cameron C DEF” that’s acceptable criticism; when I say “Cameron is W V and U” that’s bashing, but “Cameron is G HIJ K LM” is acceptable criticism. Give me examples, please, many, many examples if you will, please, please. Please don’t think that ‘Oh, you know, something like that’ will make anything clear to me: it will probably make everything crystal clear to anyone else, but it probably won’t make anything clear to me, social ignoramus that I am. I am not only social-nuance-challenged, despite my gender, I am horribly bad at determining the intentional meaning and content behind minimally-syllabic answers from anyone, male or female. I need help! Please!

I will absolutely take your word to heart with regards to your definitions and your responses to this quandary of mine, if you are so kind as to give them. I realize that I missed the founding of Samanda, and any chance to participate in the definition of terms at that time. Looking back through the thread, I haven’t found the definitions, and I’m afraid that they did such a good job on me in my science education that I just don’t *want* to function without agreed upon definitions for new and important terms relating to any new subject of discussion. Here, on this thread, I feel uncomfortably like I’m trotting around some science fiction mine field, in which I can’t detect the mines, and when I inevitably step on one, someone else receives the detonation. This is the one place on Gateworld where I feel I can be unapologetically pro-Sam, and, I’d really like to remain a member of the community here. I suspect, though, that I’m violating many an unwritten social code, and I just haven’t been able to suss out those codes on my own. I really don’t want to be offensive, and I cannot now judge whether I will be or not without going ahead and committing a potentially offensive act. I need assistance. Please.

Simhavaktra
                                (Samandan Socially-Maladroit-Techno-Lowlife and Samandan Scoundrel)
                                I must say I agree and I am right there with you Sim.

Comment

Working...
                                X