Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
    LOL. More than once.

Thanks for all the positive responses. It felt good to get this off my chest with folk willing to discuss things as adults. Thank you, all.
    Indeed. One of my favorite moments is in Prototype (I think) when Cam is futzing with a control panel and Daniel goes, "NEW GUY!!!!!" That to me was a bit of the old self-depricating 'we don't take ourselves too seriously" Stargate humour.
    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor

Atta girl!
      Scarimor! I love that icon!

And speaking of people whacking Mitchell, it would have been funny if the poking scene between Mitchell and Sam in Arthur's Mantle had gotten into more serious poking -- if Sam had just finished it with a punch to his shoulder. A "stop that" kind of punch, but not really with anger.

Okay, not really, but I thought that scene was so cute.

I'd love to know what their background is with each other. I think a long-standing friendship with all that entails: the good, the bad, the frustration, the knowing the other will always be there for them - would be a great thing on the show. I kind of think it's already there, that Samantha can be frustrated with Mitchell, but Mitchell shakes it off because he knows that Sam is his friend and they can be comfortable in that way with each other. I also think that sometimes he frustrates her on purpose to get her to loosen up when she goes into serious scientist mode. I just love their interactions.

Comment

Scarimor! I love that icon!

And speaking of people whacking Mitchell, it would have been funny if the poking scene between Mitchell and Sam in Arthur's Mantle had gotten into more serious poking -- if Sam had just finished it with a punch to his shoulder. A "stop that" kind of punch, but not really with anger.

Okay, not really, but I thought that scene was so cute.

I'd love to know what their background is with each other. I think a long-standing friendship with all that entails: the good, the bad, the frustration, the knowing the other will always be there for them - would be a great thing on the show. I kind of think it's already there, that Samantha can be frustrated with Mitchell, but Mitchell shakes it off because he knows that Sam is his friend and they can be comfortable in that way with each other. I also think that sometimes he frustrates her on purpose to get her to loosen up when she goes into serious scientist mode. I just love their interactions.

psst! (ssshhh) --> ("Academy shenanigens" hee!)
        scarimor

Comment

See, that's the kind of development that is not only good for Sam, but for Mitchell too. Maybe we get more clues in season 10.

In some ways it seems that they only got to know each other after the crash in Lost City. She maybe knew him as an acquaintance, but didn't get to really know him until later. My sense is sort of that Sam visited him in the hospital a lot and she helped with his recovery in the morale sense at least. On the other hand, maybe she knew him at the AF Academy. I don't know why they're keeping it a big mystery--unless the writers can't decide themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
            psst! (ssshhh) --> ("Academy shenanigens" hee!)
            Hee.

Comment

Don't think anyone's said this already...

re Cam!Leader issue being addressed in S10

Spoiler:
              Apparantly in some random way everyone (sg1) gets invited up to General LANDRY'S cabin one time. (totally random imo, but ok then...) Something goes weird so that only Mitchell ends up at the cabin, stuck with the General for however long a time. That's when the leader thing is addressed, from what I got, with the whole "can't presume to give Sam orders, couldn't order Tealc and wont Daniel" And I got the impression that Cam will be wondering himself why he's leading

This is just what I got from that bit... in between all the Amanda "but y'know, i'm not bitters!" in her snarky way. It was actually very funny but still had the interesting points underneath it all.

Another interesting story about Amanda's hopes for her family in the future... apparantly her husband and she have been talking and in about 5 years or so once Olivia's bigger they're wanting to adopt a 10 or 11 year old. At that age they dont really have chances of being adopted because everyone wants babies, but Amanda and Alan want to give one of them their chance. How sweet of her is that???

Have you all been told exactly about what happened in the Sam/Vala scene in Season 10 that got cut?
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                See, that's the kind of development that is not only good for Sam, but for Mitchell too. Maybe we get more clues in season 10.

In some ways it seems that they only got to know each other after the crash in Lost City. She maybe knew him as an acquaintance, but didn't get to really know him until later. My sense is sort of that Sam visited him in the hospital a lot and she helped with his recovery in the morale sense at least. On the other hand, maybe she knew him at the AF Academy. I don't know why they're keeping it a big mystery--unless the writers can't decide themselves.
                Yeah, it's possible the writers haven't decided yet. They may go the route of Sam being supportive since Mitchell's accident that has formed the bond between them, but I hope they go further back. I like the AF Academy idea and that their friendship goes back to a more relaxed beginning, because I definitely think they are relaxed around each other.

Even being supportive and helping Mitchell recuperate, I think there would have been tension - on Mitchell's part because he was determined to walk and be "whole" again, so I'm not sure they would have built up the easy-going relationship that they seem to have from that.

Maybe it's the fact that they seem to be on equal footing that makes them seem relaxed - and I can see that starting at the Academy or from an earlier mutual-military posting [pre-SGC].

Hmmm, thinking about it... having Mitchell around is a new level of friendship for Sam. With Jack, there was always the military heirarchy. No matter how close they were, there was that "barrier" that she felt she shouldn't cross. With Teal'c, well, I don't think it's easy to relax totally around Teal'c no matter how close you feel - no relaxing to the point that you can rib each other. [Although Mitchell seems to be trying to break that barrier, with mixed results]. Sam and Daniel probably come closest to a relaxed friendship, but it's not quite there. Maybe their mutual admiration for the work of each other keeps that professional edge to it? I'm not sure. I just think Mitchell and Sam seem more relaxed, more able to rib each other in fun, more able to let go with each other.

But then, they're my favorite characters, so I could be biased.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                  Have you all been told exactly about what happened in the Sam/Vala scene in Season 10 that got cut?
                  Not really. Can you tell us?

At OS I found that
                  Spoiler:
                  She said that Carter goes to Vala and offers to be someone she can talk to, basically -- to help her adjust to her new situation, etc.

Comment

Another interesting story about Amanda's hopes for her family in the future... apparantly her husband and she have been talking and in about 5 years or so once Olivia's bigger they're wanting to adopt a 10 or 11 year old. At that age they dont really have chances of being adopted because everyone wants babies, but Amanda and Alan want to give one of them their chance. How sweet of her is that???

And brave!

No. Spill please
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                      Not really. Can you tell us?
                      Well basically, Vala's having some hard times after whatever happens with her... location and situation at the end of season 9. It's a scene in which Sam tells Vala taht she understands she's been going through some bad stuff, and if Vala ever needs anyone to go to, or talk to, that Sam will be there for her. Amanda said it was done in a "dorky Carter" kind of way, with Vala being a bit awkward, but the beginning of something good. She explained how it got cut for whatever reason but was really good, so that in the next scene "That's why Sam and Vala are looking at each other the way they are, because this scene was supossed to have been there"

No Agent Dark, not "looking at each other" like that

but yeah, she wasn't happy it got cut but wants us all to "tell all our friends" So we know what it should have been.

Sounds exactly like something i'd wanted to see... exactly. Why did it get cut!?
                      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Thank you MajorSam!

Gonna join Dark in the slashin, heh.
                        scarimor

Comment

Well basically, Vala's having some hard times after whatever happens with her... location and situation at the end of season 9. It's a scene in which Sam tells Vala taht she understands she's been going through some bad stuff, and if Vala ever needs anyone to go to, or talk to, that Sam will be there for her. Amanda said it was done in a "dorky Carter" kind of way, with Vala being a bit awkward, but the beginning of something good. She explained how it got cut for whatever reason but was really good, so that in the next scene "That's why Sam and Vala are looking at each other the way they are, because this scene was supossed to have been there"

but yeah, she wasn't happy it got cut but wants us all to "tell all our friends" So we know what it should have been.

Sounds exactly like something i'd wanted to see... exactly. Why did it get cut!?
                          I suggest you and as many Sam/Vala fans as possible to go now to Ivon Bartok's blog and ask for this scene to be included into season 10 DVD release. I know for sure I WANT TO SEE IT. And the more people asking for this scene to make it to DVD release (Deleted Scenes section or something like this), the better chance it will be there, they listen sometimes to our requests

Comment

Yeah, this sounds like a scene I would have liked.

Bummer that they cut it.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              Yeah, this sounds like a scene I would have liked.

Bummer that they cut it.
                              Tell this Ivon Bartok at his blog here at GW, the more people complaining about cutting this scene, the bigger chance we'll get it back on DVD when season 10 is released.

Comment

I know I'm in the extreme minority here (am i seriously the ONLY one?), but I don't see Sam/Cam friendship extending beyond him joining the stargate program. actaully, I don't see them REALLY close (depend on me, I'm always there close) until he joined the team. I've only ever seen Sam being, well...Sam. you know, caring about people, respectful, and all that loverly jazz.

and to be canon i don't think he went to AFA. Avalon Part 2:
                                Spoiler:
                                "took a little fencing in college...Ok so I flunked fencing."
                                Last time i checked, (...ahem...) fencing is only an intercollegiate course at the AFA (can't fail it. also can't really take 'a little', depending on your definition of 'little'.)
                                Its more likely he did AFROTC somewhere.

EDIT: ah. figured out what that pretty red light next to my name means. ::feels like a n00b::
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X