No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think I'm all packed for my trip to Vancouver! As Hammond of Texas would say.... Yeeeehaw!! Thankfully, I don't have a shoe obsession like many seem to have so I have plenty of room to pack the essentials.

35mm camera -- check
    new digital camera -- check
    lap top computer -- check
    passport -- check
    list of questions -- check
    tickets to convention -- check

Looks like I'm already to go. Now I just have to sit here and freak out until my plane leaves tomorrow at 10am.

The really cool part is my hubby upgraded my tickets to first class. Gotta love a man who travels alot and will use his free miles on ya.

Hopefully I can figure out how to use my new camera before I get there tomorrow. Last year I borrowed my parents digital camera and I spent the first Q&A session just trying to figure out how to turn off the flash. ( No flash was allowed at Gabit after five minutes ) I'm really hoping I'll be able to get some decent photos of Amanda at the con and the brunch.

Wish I could take you all with me, but I promise to do my best to provide you with any information we may hear. They have added JR Bourne and Cliff Simon to the Sunday brunch with Amanda and Chris, so that should be a lot of fun. Hopefully between, Tsaxlady, Sunkrux, MajorSam, LadyJeep and myself we can piece together enough of the weekend's events to bring you all back some nice photos and reports.

Totally OT, but I was playing with my new camera and took a picture of Kallesta in a new jacket she received from her grandparents yesterday. She'll definitely have to grow into it as it's about five sizes too big, but since she's already informed me that the next time we buy her a bike she wants it to be a motorcycle I think it's quite appropriate.

She's definitely turning into a little Sam Carter.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...harleybaby.jpg
    Last edited by ForeverSg1; 22 March 2006, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Kat - Kallesta is TOO CUTE FOR WORDS. What a beautiful little angel. You're so blessed! Hope you all have an amazing time. Safe journeys all !

Hugs,
      minigeek
      (That cackling little sarcastic voice you hear in your head that you just can't get to shut up no matter how hard you try - that's me there with ya'll, in spirit! Sorry! lol )

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
        What, you mean like this:
        Have you been to the Sam/Thor thread lately? Lot's of fun there with the "true" love story of SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Wish I could take you all with me, but I promise to do my best to provide you with any information we may hear. They have added JR Bourne and Cliff Simon to the Sunday brunch with Amanda and Chris, so that should be a lot of fun. Hopefully between, Tsaxlady, Sunkrux, MajorSam, LadyJeep and myself we can piece together enough of the weekend's events to bring you all back some nice photos and reports.
          Great--Samanda should be well represented. Have fun & share the Samanda love with AT on our behalf.

Comment

Have a great trip Kat... feel free to advise Amanda to pack a black tank top for GABIT

And I keep saying it... Kallesta IS the mini-carter!!! Lol... too cute

Well I think I'm all packed for my trip to Vancouver! As Hammond of Texas would say.... Yeeeehaw!! Thankfully, I don't have a shoe obsession like many seem to have so I have plenty of room to pack the essentials.

35mm camera -- check
            passport -- check

Looks like I'm already to go. Now I just have to sit here and freak out until my plane leaves tomorrow at 10am.

The really cool part is my hubby upgraded my tickets to first class. Gotta love a man who travels alot and will use his free miles on ya.

Hopefully I can figure out how to use my new camera before I get there tomorrow. Last year I borrowed my parents digital camera and I spent the first Q&A session just trying to figure out how to turn off the flash. ( No flash was allowed at Gabit after five minutes ) I'm really hoping I'll be able to get some decent photos of Amanda at the con and the brunch.

Totally OT, but I was playing with my new camera and took a picture of Kallesta in a new jacket she received from her grandparents yesterday. She'll definitely have to grow into it as it's about five sizes too big, but since she's already informed me that the next time we buy her a bike she wants it to be a motorcycle I think it's quite appropriate.

sigpic

Comment

I can put you in touch with a Herbalife distributor there to Lida... pretty much the same thing

Originally posted by Lida
              Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! That's where I buy mine now, in the states. I'm sure I can find one near the Hilton. THANK YOU! I have more room for shoes!!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Dude... I'm well known for my fic-snobbery, believe me I wouldn't have read it if it wasn't in character.... hey I was truly stunned, don't worry.. but it seriously was. The team dynamic and nuance was perfectly characterized.. don't ask me how or why, but it was... lol.. a team that ***** together, stays together I spose

Originally posted by minigeek
                I don't believe you. About the "In Character" part. I can't buy it. I'm talking no chemical/alien mind-warping (which would make them chemically ooc anyway) - and you're telling me despite that, they all had sex, together, and it was in character? No way, man.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                  Dude... I'm well known for my fic-snobbery, believe me I wouldn't have read it if it wasn't in character.... hey I was truly stunned, don't worry.. but it seriously was. The team dynamic and nuance was perfectly characterized.. don't ask me how or why, but it was... lol.. a team that ***** together, stays together I spose
                  Somebody has to find this story so I can read it. I just.....don't......believe.......it. Sorry Myrth, you know I love ya baby, but.... no way.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

-

Looks like everybody's got a thing for Thor.

jack: Wow, that buns of steel really works huh
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

35mm camera -- check
                      passport -- check

She is adorable.
                      Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Somebody has to find this story so I can read it. I just.....don't......believe.......it. Sorry Myrth, you know I love ya baby, but.... no way.
                        There was one story I read (um...yea just one ) that took place on P3X 595 ( you know Tracy Jane's favourite planet) where after drinking that native drink...well lets say Jack, Sam and Daniel had a good time.
                        I just can't remember what site it was on.
                        (because I never go to those sites, I just happened to find it accidentally...yea that's right it was accidentally )
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

*dies from the cuteness* AWWWW! So adorable! Thanks for sharing this piccie!

Have an amazing time at the con. Be good, take lots of pictures, and come back with lots of stories to tell. We'll miss you!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

here's a theory. cam is actually felgers new daydream version of himself and at the end of whenever-the-hell-they-get-bored-with-this-storyline, they'll reveal it all to have been a daydream. *happy sigh*

Comment

ooh, and while were (no longer) talking about fantastic sam/teal'c scenes, how 'bout heroes? how perfect was that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                There was one story I read (um...yea just one ) that took place on P3X 595 ( you know Tracy Jane's favourite planet) where after drinking that native drink...well lets say Jack, Sam and Daniel had a good time.
                                I just can't remember what site it was on.
                                (because I never go to those sites, I just happened to find it accidentally...yea that's right it was accidentally )
                                Did someone mention P3X 595
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X