• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    HOLY MOLEY!!

Uh oh, I think 5th just found the MOLE
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Found this meta on Sam and the whole ship thing the other day. It's pretty much how I see Sam as well, so it was a good read for me

Comment

By the way, I'm not sure if any of you are reading Shattered, I know a lot of you either don't read WIPs or rape fics, which I understand, but if you are, then chapters eight and nine got put up this weekend and I totally forgot to tell you all. Click on the pic in my sig!

/shameless plug.

Really sorry, I feel very embarrassed plugging my fics. It's not like I'm kinda... Sky or Strix with their endless talent!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Found this meta on Sam and the whole ship thing the other day. It's pretty much how I see Sam as well, so it was a good read for me
          Wow, I just read it. It's very thoughtful. I disagree with two-thirds of it, but it's thoughtful none the less. It really illustrates how two people [myself and that other fan, for example] can see the exact same thing completely differently.
          Last edited by minigeek; 21 March 2006, 03:57 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            By the way, I'm not sure if any of you are reading Shattered, I know a lot of you either don't read WIPs or rape fics, which I understand, but if you are, then chapters eight and nine got put up this weekend and I totally forgot to tell you all. Click on the pic in my sig!

/shameless plug.

Really sorry, I feel very embarrassed plugging my fics. It's not like I'm kinda... Sky or Strix with their endless talent!
            be as shameless as you want TJ plug away

( oh crap I've stopped using all my caps )
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

/shameless plug.

hey, don't EVER be ashamed of plugging your stuff.

strix and i started out with one fic and the only way you can learn is to do it.

so don't stop, and don't stop plugging it either
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                They don't have to end up in BED for you to be a shipper! Your last story was totally shippy. I think you're definitely a shipper. And hey, now that canon alludes to even 'more' off screen (mwa ha ha), there's a lot more wiggle room to play in!
                Yep, I have to admit Sky's last story was definitely shippy. Far more ship than I had been expecting. Was it an AU story? I didn't notice. I just assumed it was.

Kat

Comment

no, it wasn't au.

i was just in the mood to write shippy. I've written some unusual stuff for me, a long daniel centirc fic, then this shippy one

i guess given the near total lack of inspiration from the show lately, i'm trying different stuff just tokeep my muse interested

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    hey, don't EVER be ashamed of plugging your stuff.

strix and i started out with one fic and the only way you can learn is to do it.

so don't stop, and don't stop plugging it either
                    It's not my first. I've done a few including the Ripple Effect one, but most of them just get knocked out in a night and I stick with characters and situations I feel secure writing. This is a real challenge, not what I'm used to. And it's the first one that I've actually written more than one chapter! Shock Horror! But thanks so much for the encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Yep, I have to admit Sky's last story was definitely shippy. Far more ship than I had been expecting. Was it an AU story? I didn't notice. I just assumed it was.

Kat
                      I didn't think that at all, but I was certainly shocked by the amount of ship in it, because I generally don't expect too much ship when I read Sky's stuff. I like it that way cos I'm a bit shipped out at the moment. I'm enjoying my humourous team fics (and Sky, your recs were all amazing. Thank you very much)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        LOL

see, sam and jack is easy. there's all this UST and, well the ship is a no-brainer

but sam/teal'c? you gotta work for sam/Teal'c. which is what makes it so much fun

Also, the first one i wrote, LIbidos and TimeLoops, the reason i wrote it???? Cause no one else in the fandom was writing Sam/Teal'c. It made it unique
                        i have trouble with sam/teal'c. i think it's too much like beauty and the beast to really take it seriously. i could see sam 'sampling' teal'c out of curiousity (i would ), but i couldn't see sam (or me) being able to function in a relationship with him on a daily basis.

i'm first and foremost a sam/jack shipper, but i could see her with daniel after that. he's nice and good looking and really treats her with respect. teal'c is all that too, but he's also alien to her in about every other way (except that he has a humanoid body). i think sam would be very lonely if she was in a relay with teal'c (not physically, but mentally/spiritually). just my opinion/feelings.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

It's not my first. I've done a few including the Ripple Effect one, but most of them just get knocked out in a night and I stick with characters and situations I feel secure writing. This is a real challenge, not what I'm used to. And it's the first one that I've actually written more than one chapter! Shock Horror! But thanks so much for the encouragement.
                          if a writer wants to grow, they need to experiment.

Face it, it's easy to crank out template fic. Go on a mission, Daniel gets hurt (quite selflessly i may add), teal'c carries him home. Jack and Sam and Teal'c angst during the infirmary vigil, Daniel gets better and they have a team night in which Jack confesses just how worried he was

I've just described a few hundred HC fic. And one reaosn i don't read them. Template fic is boring. Read one, read them all

But folks that experiment and try somethng different, that's interesting and it only serves to help a writer grow

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            Sam/Janet I don't mind a bit. I can actually see that happening, even given canon characterization. I should have added that one to my list. But I have yet to read a three+(some) fanfic where I didn't cringe. I just cannot see any of the primary four characters remaining true to (well, character) and still getting into a situation like that. Nothing against group sex, but SG-1 would not be having any (Unless there was a very foreign chemical or alien substance involved!) But to each his own, as they say. I have to imagine that if someone was seeking out an SG-1 group sex fic, believable characterization would probably not be on the top of their "most important" list for that particular story anyway.
                            i might be a sam/jack shipper, but i read *everything* smut wise.

my fave sam/jack/janet fic i've read is one where sam and jack and janet and jack were together, while the other one was there and doing something. but it wasn't a true 3-way because sam and janet didn't have sex too. and i liked that! it was unique and didn't change one of the characters to gay or bi to fulfill some hotness level.

but like i said, i read it all. and even though i've said that i could see sam with daniel (if the s/j thing hadn't happened), i don't 'read' it because... it bores me. their relay is almost too easy. no real conflict. but they do make a nice looking couple and he's a good guy to her (as in he wouldn't stalk her ).

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              i have trouble with sam/teal'c. i think it's too much like beauty and the beast to really take it seriously. i could see sam 'sampling' teal'c out of curiousity (i would ), but i couldn't see sam (or me) being able to function in a relationship with him on a daily basis.

i'm first and foremost a sam/jack shipper, but i could see her with daniel after that. he's nice and good looking and really treats her with respect. teal'c is all that too, but he's also alien to her in about every other way (except that he has a humanoid body). i think sam would be very lonely if she was in a relay with teal'c (not physically, but mentally/spiritually). just my opinion/feelings.

sally
                              gotta say, i totally disagree. i can't see them in a relationship in canon, but i think that in a lot of ways sam and teal'c have a connection that is actually very deep. i think that she is possibly closer to teal'c than she is to daniel. i don't think that he is alien to her at all in that way, and i certainly don't think she would be lonely if she were marooned with teal'c. and its mostly in the way the actors play it, and in the obvious chemistry that they have. while they do occasionally write it into the show (space race, threshold, paradise lost), its mostly in how they play it. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                                So are you saying that afterwards in the relationship with Teal'c it would be:
                                Sam: Teal'c why don't we ever talk?

With Daniel it would be:
                                Sam: Daniel do we have to discuss everything?
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X