No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could it have been the fog machine that was making RDA/Jack sniffle?

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
      Could it have been the fog machine that was making RDA/Jack sniffle?
      Yes. That and Herbal Essence.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        I agree. Every single letter was capped (not to mention red, bold and italicized) and you had multiple !!!'s... So... spill.
        Yes, Sky capping is definitely the sign of a good story to be told
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Maybe it's one of those weird things where Cooper & Wright do great things together, but suck on their own? Anything's possible
          ok, i know this has most likely already been discussed but i'm 2 pages behind everyone and i gotta respond!

i totally disagree!

didn't coop only come aboard as an exec around season 6 and take over in season 7?
          coop and wright developed sga, and personally i really found that the first season completely lacked a sense of direction and i didn't really find the characters that engaging either.

i think with brad almost entirely in charge in season 2 the show has only benefitted. and i think that sg-1 has suffered under the exclusive reign of coop. i don't want to be too harsh, because he has brought good elements to the show, but i don't think coop does that much for either show.
          he's not a good show runner. he's a pretty bloody good writer, but not the best show runner. i don't think he has the right mind to give a show the same direction.

another part of the problem might be that they never know if they are going to get renewed anymore. after the pilot of sg-1, show time signed them up for 2 seasons. at the end of season 1, they signed them up to the end of season 4. after that, they never really knew how long they'd run for. maybe thats what the problem is now. maybe i'm totally wrong about coop, this does coincide with coops arrival as an exec. doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            maybe i'm totally wrong about coop, this does coincide with coops arrival as an exec. doesn't it?
            I'm inclined to agree.

There's something very off about the little fellow, something that doesn't sit right with me. I don't claim to have simple logic as stargate barbie offers, but his take on certain issues that have come up doesn't quite add up. Brad Wright seems to have a better handle on things.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Ok Sky - backstory required. Why is this anathema?
              LOL

the sniffage debate was a long and passionate one a couple of years ago.

very, very, very, very long

simply because those sniffers just refuse to accept the fact that jack did NOT sniff her hair
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                he's not a good show runner. he's a pretty bloody good writer, but not the best show runner. i don't think he has the right mind to give a show the same direction.
                he is a fantastic writer. I mean he pulled meridian out of thin air with little to no notice

but his strength does not seem to be show running.

he seems to get lost in the short term and can't see the bigger picture

sigpic

Comment

i mean, look at what he did to sam. it seems that, if she's not half of & Jack they don't know how to handle her

i keep flashing back to something AT said, paraphrased she told the writers not to write her as woman, just to write her. she'd take care of the female stuff

rob seems incapable of handling a femlae character unless she's one of two cliches, the rogue or the girlfriend

sigpic

Comment

True on both posts Sky... of course distant observation and all that... but yeah.

One would think after this long it'd be easy to sit back and say "Amanda you know what you're doing, just go for it"... if only the world weren't full of egotistic idiots.... and if only they actually gave her something meaty to go for it with... [sigh]

Hopefully Brad will add that element back to the show for all of the characters.

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    i mean, look at what he did to sam. it seems that, if she's not half of & Jack they don't know how to handle her

i keep flashing back to something AT said, paraphrased she told the writers not to write her as woman, just to write her. she'd take care of the female stuff

rob seems incapable of handling a femlae character unless she's one of two cliches, the rogue or the girlfriend
                    sigpic

Comment

Or being the one who has to wear the blue dress
                      *still think it would match Daniel's eyes*
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

LOL

the sniffage debate was a long and passionate one a couple of years ago.

very, very, very, very long

simply because those sniffers just refuse to accept the fact that jack did NOT sniff her hair
                        Is that the one where he sniffed her hair and said it was his sidearm
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

True on both posts Sky... of course distant observation and all that... but yeah.

One would think after this long it'd be easy to sit back and say "Amanda you know what you're doing, just go for it"... if only the world weren't full of egotistic idiots.... and if only they actually gave her something meaty to go for it with... [sigh]

Hopefully Brad will add that element back to the show for all of the characters.

I have a question. Is there an article or something that says that Brad Wright will now be more involved with SG-1 in season 10? I'm assuming so? And if so, this would be good news.

It seems as though RCC is enjoying directing, so this may also indicate that Brad Wright will have more say in the overall direction of the show. I think this could be really good, given that the ratings for season 9 are much lower overall.

Comment

Of all the elements of hope I have left for this show, Brad Wright's involvement is the heaviest and strongest of them all.

And according to Alex Levine's blog (a.k.a. Biggest Free Promotional Sack of the Century), Cooper is directing an ep for Atlantis. Maybe they're doing a bit of swap for this next season? Or perhaps a more collaborative effort?

Comment

NOT
                              NOT
                              NOT
                              NOT
                              NOT
                              NOT
                              NOT
                              NOT
                              NOT
                              NOT
                              NOT
                              NOT
                              NOT
                              (AND SO ON)
                              DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, .DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO, DID TOO.
                              sigpic

Comment

i wonder is that why BW is supposedly coming back to run sg-1. because coop "doesn't know what to do with the sam character". the show runner not knowing what to do with characters that he is supposed to be an expert at, does not sound too good. considering that he helped to develop the characters on sga, perhaps that will mean he'll do a better job over there. (not that it helped with mitchell). and even so, it doesn't bode well for sga's female characters IMO. and they are characters sorely in need of good development if you ask me. sorry, but i just don't find weir that interesting.

anyway. hopefully season 10 will mean good things for sam. i know it was discussed last year as to if we'd have like sam to start season 9 as being on one of earths ships, hence explaining her absence, but for season 10 i think i might prefer if (speculation space)
                                Spoiler:

sam were given command of one of earths ships. it would eliminate the command thing on sg-1 if they were to say, well sam's taught cameron everything she can, so she decides to move up to bigger things. and considering that the ships are in almost every episode as it is, it wouldn't be that bad to have it in every show, where sam is in a similar position as landry, only more on the front lines.

now, even i don't know if this would work, and i'm not even sure i like this idea myself, but it would certainly be better than what we have now, and its not that far a stretch in terms of the show's credibility if they can put cam, a figher pilot, as leader of a ground unit.

well, thats my crazy rambling done for the night. i hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X