Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myrth
    Maybe it's one of those weird things where Cooper & Wright do great things together, but suck on their own? Anything's possible
    yeah, it is odd that isn't it????

i think they have differing points of view and that they work well WITH each other.

brad tends to go for the emotional impace. character moments and all that. while rob tends to go for the flash in the pan and booms and the like

together, they balance each other. each tones the other down and they compliment each other's strengths and weaknesses

apart???? well apart they don't tend to do as well, at least in the opinion of some

I do also think that Rob may be having issues with bossing his friends. It ain't easy to be a boss, and it's even harder when your subordinates used to be your equals.

maybe that's part of his issues, it being difficult to boss his friends
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      ROTFLOLOL

i'd forgotten all about that.

umm, Does that mean that SuperBaby is all my fault?????

Wibble, wibble
      Yes! (::thwack: It is! (::thwack: Stop running! (::thwack: (::thwack: (::thwack:

Awww!

kisses,
      mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Speaking of hilarious fanfic - have you guys read this one by syxp? It's side-splitting team!fic. Really great stuff.

http://home.comcast.net/~s_pasquarel...actionFee.html

-
        mg

Comment

Just wanted to make sure I got time to post a good bye....I'll be leaving for Vancouver in less than 48 hours and I'm not even packed yet. ARGH!!!!!! The house is a mess and I'm feeling less than good, but I refuse to miss the Con. I've never met our queen.....and I'm not going to miss her in Vancouver, even though I'll be attending Gabit 2 (keeps fingers crossed). To anyone going to Vancouver, I can't wait to meet you, and to everyone else, I'll try and get as many pics of Amanda as possible. I have a new camera and I'm still fumbling with it.

Have a great week!
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Good luck with the house-cleanup and last minute details, Lida! I'm sure you'll have a blast and a half. Safe trip .... and take lots of pictures!

Hugs,
            mgeek

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
              Multi-purpose post:

First, upward nudge for the thread.

Second, I suspect Sam will be 'beamed out' of her predicament by Kvasir - and, er, he, and Sam will come up with a way to make the transparent slice of acrylic break toast the super gate, at least temporarily.

Third, I suspect a weapon against the Ori will be found and used, but be only partly effective - leaving the Ori present, but, unable to channel the same massive amounts of power through the Priors. This will necessitate the Ori and Originals taking up the evil Alteran science/technology to continue their crusade against the Milky Way, causing ideological strife amongst the Originals, and making them, incidentally, much easier to fight.

Fourth, I suspect that any appearance by RDA in ep 200 will be used as a setup to explain the absense of Carter from the series if there's a season 11. With the Ori 'defanged' she'll go off to make babies with Jack. If RDA doesn't appear in ep 200, she'll go off to command science-station something or another - thus fulfilling the 'old maid scientist de-sexed by hypertrophy of the intellectual organs' cliche, and ticking the series one further toward its cliche quota.

Fifth, I miss the human form Replicators

Sixth, do we need to add any of these to the wager roll?
              What! no, no please, no more bets
              your humble wager maker taker begs of you.

Oy must get ready for more wagers
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                Just wanted to make sure I got time to post a good bye....I'll be leaving for Vancouver in less than 48 hours and I'm not even packed yet. ARGH!!!!!! The house is a mess and I'm feeling less than good, but I refuse to miss the Con. I've never met our queen.....and I'm not going to miss her in Vancouver, even though I'll be attending Gabit 2 (keeps fingers crossed). To anyone going to Vancouver, I can't wait to meet you, and to everyone else, I'll try and get as many pics of Amanda as possible. I have a new camera and I'm still fumbling with it.

Have a great week!
                Well stop fumbling Lida and get lots of pictures, and don't forget to share them with us
                Have a good trip
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

ROTFLOLOL

i'd forgotten all about that.

umm, Does that mean that SuperBaby is all my fault?????

Wibble, wibble
                  Yupp, I'm blaming you now, Sky! Bad, bad Sky. If only they had picked In The Line of Booty, or Into The Frying Pan. Even Out Of My Mind would have been funny.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Speaking of hilarious fanfic - have you guys read this one by syxp? It's side-splitting team!fic. Really great stuff.

-
                    mg
                    Oh God, that was hysterical! Thanks for that rec!

Spoiler:
                    Tribbles!
                    Teal'c was wonderful in this.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

-
                      mg
                      Ah poor Sam
                      Spoiler:
                      Why is she the one that always ends up naked? No reply necessary TJ
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        Ah poor Sam
                        Spoiler:
                        Why is she the one that always ends up naked? No reply necessary TJ
                        And you know, I was about to reply to that, but you beat me to it. You know me too well. However....

Spoiler:
                        Jack in a thong

Not quite as funny as Sky's fics but gave me a giggle all the same. I like my team fics to be funny and light. Weird, but although I write horrible gritty stuff, I prefer to read light, fun stuff.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Fifth, I miss the human form Replicators

no pun intended right??????
                          Wrong. BWAHAHAHAH!

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Going back a few pages to our talk about Into the Fire does anyone know why Daniel acted so...I don't know...strange in that episode? I mean the close ups on his expressions were kind of odd
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

it's my understanding that he'd just gotten off a time spent doing Hamlet in the theater (hence the hair cut) and was a wee bit tired
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

and she had such great hear in s3 (yes, it is all about the hair )
                                ...and whether or not Jack sniffed?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X