No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam could have been a fantastic countepart for sam and the others. he could have been a lot like Jonas, fulfilling the role of the gee whiz kid and also being the 'exposition guy', asking those stupid but plot necessary questions to allow the writers to fill in the audience

and in some ways he still does that.

if he had been the major then we coulda seen sam come into her own a bit more. her being the sarcastic one and cam maybe taking some of the science side, allowing sam to be the soldier

i'm kinda comparing it to denozo/ziva/kate on NCIS

Kate left the show and Ziva is her replacement. a change that altered Tony's attitude and actions. where tony used to be the goof and quipster, usually picking on Kate, he's now a bit more serious and is the Pickee to Ziva

its a matter of opinion which is better, however the change in characters alloowed the existing ones to alter and change and grow a bit

we got a little of this with Jonas and it would have been nice to have gotten it with Cam as well
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Could some one pleas clear something up for me?

or

Which are the real jaffa cakes?
      LOL! Couldn't green ya, but that was an excellent question! I got nuthin.

Comment

Oh my goodness me! I can't stop laughing, Sky you are an absolute genius and I love you to bits. You made my day (or rather night, as the case may be). In fact, I'm willing to extend that compliment to weekend, I was laughing so hard.

I know it's an oldie, but I'm sure some of you haven't read this fic by our very own Skydiver (unless there are two of you out there. I know there are two Barbies).

Basically, SG1 go to a Wormhole Xtreme convention in Vancouver. Sky, tell me that Mo Jallozzi (was that his name?) gets a sequel about his... errr.... trip, or back story, or something!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

ReganX wrote:

With Mitchell, I've felt like screaming "Somebody shoot him - please!" on a regular basis and have actually done so more than once.

Snip

In Camelot when
          Spoiler:
          the mock sword fight between Mitchell and the little girl. I was rooting for the girl to win. But she didn't.

And that's not saying much for the character.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Oh my goodness me! I can't stop laughing, Sky you are an absolute genius and I love you to bits. You made my day (or rather night, as the case may be). In fact, I'm willing to extend that compliment to weekend, I was laughing so hard.

I know it's an oldie, but I'm sure some of you haven't read this fic by our very own Skydiver (unless there are two of you out there. I know there are two Barbies).

Basically, SG1 go to a Wormhole Xtreme convention in Vancouver. Sky, tell me that Mo Jallozzi (was that his name?) gets a sequel about his... errr.... trip, or back story, or something!
            lol

well, there's three in the series

wormies watch out
            it's an experience and third time lucky i think

they were loosely, very loosely, based on my trips to gatecon. Mo Jallozzi is in there, as are some fans

it was a lot of fun to write and wow, over 200 stories ago

i got the idea to spoof Wormhole X-treme since it was the 100th eps and it was my 100th fic

sigpic

Comment

Aha! I've not discovered the others. I'm going to go on a hunt now. Thanks for that, Sky. And I haven't laughed so much in ages. I needed it tonight, so thank you.

Comment

well, according to others, Maktel Shree is funny, as in Weapons Chatter (which is an adult fic by the way). Oh and folks have enjoyed Ice Dreams too.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM

P.S. Sam and Jan are great in Frozen.

i really wanted sam to get real sick in 'frozen'. wasted opportunity!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

so write it

exchange sam for jack. she gets sick and gets kanan

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                      In Camelot when
                      Spoiler:
                      the mock sword fight between Mitchell and the little girl. I was rooting for the girl to win. But she didn't.

And that's not saying much for the character.
                      I wanted
                      Spoiler:
                      the Black Knight to finish the job.

Couldn't Daniel have waited another minute or two before shooting the controls?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

You know, I was on MSN chatting to.... errr.... one of you guys.... whilst watching Camelot (why is it that the only ep I get the chance to watch 5 times is the one episode I couldn't care less about?!) and we were saying the same thing.

Spoiler:
                        it was even suggested that the girl might even want to HELP the black knight

Comment

we could just turn teal'c loose on him

he seems to enjoy whacking Cam.

on the upside, it has seemed to draw sam and teal'c closer. They seem to be united in their annoyance

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            so write it

exchange sam for jack. she gets sick and gets kanan
                            That would definitely have been interesting. I see Sam as being more willing to take a symbiote than Jack, even after Jolinar, so it would have been interesting to see how she coped with a second bad experience with blending and how it would affect her feelings about the Tok'ra.

Jack would definitely take it hard, perhaps harder than he took being tortured himself. I think he would have even more of a grudge against both Ba'al and the Tok'ra.

I'd love to read that story.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

now, sam might take being blended better...but a few years ago? I think it woulda been a different story

sigpic

Comment

Sam: I'm not afraid

I think that was a great Sam scene, showing no fear!
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X