Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by minigeek
    So... canon Sam Carter (season 9-ish) ends up in a club, late one night. She hasn't been drinking. It's not something she was planning on doing. Her and a (platonic) friend/acquantence were just looking for a place to wind down. So there she is. Dark club. Few tables. Wall-to-wall bar and a Big-@$$ dance floor full of moving bodies. Her 'friend' gets up to go dance...

Canon (season 9-ish) Sam Carter would:

(a) Do the elephunk: Get stupid, put her hands in the air and dance like she just don't care...

(b) Grab a table, order a drink, sit down and people-watch.

(c) Order a drink, stand at the bar and wonder if she's the only person in the room whose youth wasn't misspent.

(d) Order a drink, stand at the bar and flirt shamelessly with the hottie standing next to her (accidentally, of course )

(e) None of the above (insert own scenario here).

Just for fun.
    geek
    Eum I' hesitating between B and C, of course I would love to see her do A but it can't seem to wrap my mind around that one and when you're talking about flirting then I suppose it's the guy who started it ?
    Another option: she would try to danse but in a light way, just swaying to the music.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven

There's only one choice to be cabana boy ... a certain 2-star from Minnesota.

*sigh*
      FCOL, Carter ... I had to pump on Chevron's chest, she nearly drowned in the deep end of the pool! I wish you'd lighten up. There's nothing wrong with my moonlighting in Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        I just watched Into the Fire and really enjoyed it all over again. I realize that Carter does take charge of a very bad situation when she volunteers to return to Hathor's lair and blow up the generator. Makepeace wants to send backup with her and she looks at the greater good and calmly refuses so he has most men to lead an attack. That's certainly an example of valor and courage under fire, and of her leadership potential. Then there's the whole "threading the needle" scenario with Bra'tac, Hammond, and Teal'c. They played those scenes so well. We have a heroic Tok'ra and a concerned Jack once he throws Hathor over the railing and goes to Sam's aid. I love that embrace - you can take so much meaning from that long hug. Shipper or non-shipper, it was a great scene filled with powerful emotion. Just sayin' ...
        Yep, great stuff. Don't forget Teal'c starting the Jaffa rebellion. I thought it was a great way to go with the Jaffa story back then, and I still love that scene now. I'm going to sound like a broken record, but Martin Wood really rocks that scene. I love the camera following Teal'c's slow walk down the stair as he delivers his speech, ending on the close up as CJ. And the speech itself is some of the great Brad Wright dialogue that has been missing from the characters since Atlantis' inception. Yep, me loves old Stargate.

Comment

i love how sam went back for jack in into the fire. it showed, to me, a real ' no one is left behind' taken to heart

i have to wonder if there was any 'payback' for her in the end. she did kinda disobey makepeace's orders when she freed jack

we don't know if she intentionally went back for jack or if she just took advantage of running across him...but in stopping to free him, she did almost screw the pooch since hathy caught her

an, and the angst slut in me likes sam getting ribboned....i'm so bad
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            an, and the angst slut in me likes sam getting ribboned....i'm so bad
            Man, do I miss the ribbon devices! Especially in light of [spoilersold]the Ori's flimsy, pointy, cheap CGI effect staff weapons. Give me the ribbon device any day. Now that was god-like.[/spoilersold]

Yeah, that's right, I like the old spoiler tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Dancer of Spaz said "Myrth, normally I'd take you up on that offer, but you seem a bit too confident So I'm going to take a certain condition from that wager, and bet you that we only see Jack via satellite or some kind of SGC "podcast" from D.C.. Or... that he's using some kind of tech from Thor I won't complain though. We take what we can get, right"
              Umm? Not sure what Spaz is betting, so may have a hard time to pay off.
              Nice work, Royal Bookie/FA.

Let the record reflect that I am not placing any materials on the table. It's not that I don't want to do so... I'm just not sure... I mean, I guess I would finally finish/polish/publish my Alternate S9 RepliCarter fic... Though I'm not quite sure if that flies...

Comment

fic? you're hoarding fic????

SPILL!!!!!!!!

SHARE!!!!!!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!!

err, please?
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

First: B.

Second:
                  Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  I just watched Into the Fire and really enjoyed it all over again. I realize that Carter does take charge of a very bad situation when she volunteers to return to Hathor's lair and blow up the generator. Makepeace wants to send backup with her and she looks at the greater good and calmly refuses so he has most men to lead an attack. That's certainly an example of valor and courage under fire, and of her leadership potential.
                  YES! I just watched that last night as part of my Best Character-Centric Ep Tourney madness (we're ranking Hammond eps right now). I absolutely WORSHIP ON THE ALTAR of those Carter-Makepeace scenes. And while I was watching it occurred to me that peeps ought to rewatch eps like that when they get stuck in their "Carter leading? Huh?? When did that happen?" mode.

Beyond that, there was something ineffable about the way Carter & Makepeace interacted that I rilly, rilly liked. Even when they were in disagreement, I completely respected Makepeace's POV. :a moment of silence:

In other news, I also watched Chain Reaction and Fifth Man. Fierce!Carter night! Twas most awesome.
                  Last edited by DEM; 17 March 2006, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Watching "Into The Fire" makes me miss the great scene like the ending were the team comes together after having been apart for the whole episode and you can see how well the get along and are glad to be together again. No dialogue but watch the body language of them in the final scene. How I miss scene like this:

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I remember those team endings, they were great. And they often ended with some great little in jokes like Broca Divide. The whole end-of-show team dynamic was one of those format features you could rely on.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy

Ultimately, though, one of the problems I have with the proposed Carter crossovers to Atlantis is that I think the writers will simply play up the Carter/Mckay stuff to the detriment of the plot and certaintly to the detriment of the other characters. It just reeks too much of a stunt, and I worry that instead of Carter and the Atlantis characters getting any real, significant development, they will instead just get the shallowest of stories predicated on tired humor, an overdone, one-sided sexual attraction, and last second technobabble-inspired quick fixes.

Ok, I just reread this post and, man, does it sound a tad, um, faithless. I used to have tons of confidence in these producers, too.

Oh well.
                        that's exactly what i'm afraid of too. (which is why i'm not real excited by the cross-over idea)

and can the writers resist one more stab in the s/j shippers hearts?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                          my last OT

Unless I'm misunderstanding this post, how are pictures of AT/Sam ever off-topic?!?!

Comment

I'm sitting here watching RE until Who gets on and while
                            Spoiler:
                            Martouf (JRB) is nice to look at. I still feel that Janet(TR) scenes with Sam were too short.

And after reading posts about past eppy's, I've got "Those Were The Days" stuck in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              I remember those team endings, they were great. And they often ended with some great little in jokes like Broca Divide. The whole end-of-show team dynamic was one of those format features you could rely on.
                              I think that is one of the reasons I didn't particularly care for Camelot.
                              Spoiler:
                              During the final battle, all the team members were in separate places. In Reckoning II, they were all separated, but the way it was filmed it still made you feel as if they were all still fighting the same battle. However, at the end of Camelot I couldn't help but feel that all of the members of SG-1 were completely separated. Another reason I didn't like the end of Camelot was the fact that although there was a huge space battle, we didn't actually see the members of SG-1 do anything to be a part of the battle. Mitchell was running off to join the battle with the X-302's. Teal'c was stuck on the Lucien Alliance vessel. Daniel was watching the battle take place up on the Russian vessel and Sam was stranded by the Supergate, utterly helpless to do anything but watch everyone else be slaughtered. It's not that SG-1 wasn't winning the battle that really bothered me it was the fact that they weren't even really a part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                                Yep, great stuff. Don't forget Teal'c starting the Jaffa rebellion. I thought it was a great way to go with the Jaffa story back then, and I still love that scene now. I'm going to sound like a broken record, but Martin Wood really rocks that scene. I love the camera following Teal'c's slow walk down the stair as he delivers his speech, ending on the close up as CJ. And the speech itself is some of the great Brad Wright dialogue that has been missing from the characters since Atlantis' inception. Yep, me loves old Stargate.
                                That scene was almost Shakespearean in its delivery and did establish the Jaffa storyline so well. We also got Hammond breaking some rules of his own when he argues with Major Davis but then has to concede to the fact that Pentagon won't offer additional support. Again, the "no man left behind" philosophy of SGC prevails.

There was one small thing that I always wondered about ... whose jackets were given to Sam and Daniel when they were first rescued? They end up wearing SGC jackets in the heat of the battle. Were they taken from the soldiers who got killed in the ship?

And, the final scene with the group reunited ... as already mentioned, you could tell the cast was gellin'. Hammond even puts his arm on or around Sam as they are walking back to the Gate and panning out.

Here's to the oldies but goodies!!

Comment

Working...
                                X