Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here’s a Royal update from your Royal Bookie
    After all that went on I would have thought you people would have learned your lesson
    But NOOOO, since I mentioned the pool, CG decided she wanted to bring a few friends along http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5285/penguindn9.jpg
    And now it seems that Lys wants to get in on the action, unfortunately it’s the action with CG and her penguins

Tracy Jane and MajorSal have been let out of jail on the stipulation that they take care of Sky and Spaz’ with their concussions. You can currently find them in the Samandan Infirmary http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/2266/infirmarype6.jpg
    A lot of screaming has been heard coming out of that room, it may have to do with the way Sally and TJ are waking Sky and Spaz every 15 mins using buckets of cold water.
    Hey you two, did you take my (the RFA) buckets because I’m going to need them back!
    Now ChevronSeven managed ( don’t ask me how?) to get RDA as our cabana boy, unfortunately as he was getting ready http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/185...ressingpf9.jpg Tsaxlady and Kat were seen chasing after him with dollar bills waving from their hands.

Myrth has been seen chasing Oooober around the pool with a bull whip in her hand.

It looks like Lida and Strix got together and pulled Mini out from under the table and brought her to the pool. I however don’t think Mini was happy when they threw her in.
    TJ has been seen leaving the infirmary and bringing drinks to those around the pool. Ah TJ…I don’t think the penguins drink rum.

A special guest has been seen around the pool http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/4850/gup7ca.jpg
    unfortunately a few Samandans have passed out from the sight AD was the first, and when Amanda was heard saying “Oh dear, I think I’ll have do mouth-to-mouth on him” Strix, Myrth, Qasim and TJ all passed out at the same time, leaving Amanda with a conundrum. Lida the Royal Physician told Amanda not to worry then called "Lys get away from the penguins and come help me!” Lys being the Royal Pharmacist had some first aid training so reluctantly left CG and the penguins.

Seeing what was going on, Minigeek pulled herself out of the pool and could be heard slurring “don worry AD I’ma comin” Ooober who was now able to rest from being chased joined the group to help fellow passed out Samandans. When Amanda stepped out of the way and Lida, Lys, Mingeek and Ooober made their way to the passed out Samandans a true miracle happened! They all regained consciousness at the same time and could be heard saying “Ah sh*t!”

During all this Sim and Stargate Barbie were laying in their lounge chairs working on their fanfics, well Barbie kept crinkling pages in a ball and throwing them behind her, making gatebee the Royal Gardener very angry picking up the discarded pages.

SG1Poz, binkpmmc, jackfan55, Cooly and 1speed were drinking their margaritas taking everything in when ReganX asked “Doesn’t this bother you?”

SG1Poz answered, “No this happens every year we get together” Lady Jeep put her two cents in telling ReganX that at least in the Queendom of Samanda there is no winter
    Last edited by Mandysg1; 05 June 2007, 10:59 AM.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      After all that went on I would have thought you people would have learned your lesson
      But NOOOO, since I mentioned the pool, CG decided she wanted to bring a few friends along http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3089/penguin7sz.jpg
      And now it seems that Lys wants to get in on the action, unfortunately it’s the action with CG and her penguins

Tracy Jane and MajorSal have been let out of jail on the stipulation that they take care of Sky and Spaz’ with their concussions. You can currently find them in the Samandan Infirmary http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/396/infirmary1xf.jpg

A lot of screaming has been heard coming out of that room, it may have to do with the way Sally and TJ are waking Sky and Spaz every 15 mins using buckets of cold water.
      Hey you two, did you take my (the RFA) buckets because I’m going to need them back!
      Now ChevronSeven managed ( don’t ask me how?) to get RDA as our cabana boy, unfortunately as he was getting ready http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/201/jack1ak.jpg Tsaxlady and Kat were seen chasing after him with dollar bills waving from their hands.

Myrth has been seen chasing Oooober around the pool with a bull whip in her hand.

It looks like Lida and Strix got together and pulled Mini out from under the table and brought her to the pool. I however don’t think Mini was happy when they threw her in.
      TJ has been seen leaving the infirmary and bringing drinks to those around the pool. Ah TJ…I don’t think the penguins drink rum.

A special guest has been seen around the pool http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/4850/gup7ca.jpg
      unfortunately a few Samandans have passed out from the sight AD was the first, and when Amanda was heard saying “Oh dear, I think I’ll have do mouth-to-mouth on him” Strix, Myrth, Qasim and TJ all passed out at the same time, leaving Amanda with a conundrum. Lida the Royal Physician told Amanda not to worry then called "Lys get away from the penguins and come help me!” Lys being the Royal Pharmacist had some first aid training so reluctantly left CG and the penguins.

Seeing what was going on, Minigeek pulled herself out of the pool and could be heard slurring “don worry AD I’ma comin” Ooober who was now able to rest from being chased joined the group to help fellow passed out Samandans. When Amanda stepped out of the way and Lida, Lys, Mingeek and Ooober made their way to the passed out Samandans a true miracle happened! They all regained consciousness at the same time and could be heard saying “Ah sh*t!”

During all this Sim and Stargate Barbie were laying in their lounge chairs working on their fanfics, well Barbie kept crinkling pages in a ball and throwing them behind her, making gatebee the Royal Gardener very angry picking up the discarded pages.

SG1Poz, binkpmmc, jackfan55, Cooly and 1speed were drinking their margaritas taking everything in when ReganX asked “Doesn’t this bother you?”

SG1Poz answered, “No this happens every year we get together” Lady Jeep put her two cents in telling ReganX that at least in the Queendom of Samanda there is no winter
      Mandy, sorry I can't green you. This was very amusing!

My LJ

Comment

Lida, Lys, Mingeek and Ooober made their way to the passed out Samandans a true miracle happened! They all regained consciousness at the same time and could be heard saying “Ah sh*t!”
        Nah, I'd remain unconscious... mouth to mouth from her Oooberness or the Gianthonkinamazongeek? Phwwwooooooaaaar!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

But NOOOO, since I mentioned the pool, CG decided she wanted to bring a few friends along http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3089/penguin7sz.jpg

Tracy Jane and MajorSal have been let out of jail on the stipulation that they take care of Sky and Spaz’ with their concussions. You can currently find them in the Samandan Infirmary http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/396/infirmary1xf.jpg

Now ChevronSeven managed ( don’t ask me how?) to get RDA as our cabana boy, unfortunately as he was getting ready http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/201/jack1ak.jpg Tsaxlady and Kat were seen chasing after him with dollar bills waving from their hands.

Brava! Very funny - except now the song 'Camelot' is running through my head because of the no winter part.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

ROFL!

If word gets out about my involvement in this, I'll lose my license! ACK!
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

my last OT

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Weir would be good too. They kind of got off on the wrong foot originally, so it would be interesting to see their interactions now. Sorry TJ, I'm just not a big RM fan, though DH plays him well and I did enjoy GUP.
                I'm with you. If, and I stress IF, crossovers are such an inevitability, then I'd hate to see Carter's appearances on Atlantis wasted on Mckay. I think they've pretty much played that dynamic to death. Weir/Carter interaction would be nice given their history, and it could only help to make Weir a better character. For some reason, since Atlantis began I honestly think that Weir has lost much of the inherent authority and respect that seemed so built-in during her guest appearances in Lost City and New Order. And, I'll admit that I think that the writers' attempts to make Mckay more palatable for weekly consumption have affected my ability to enjoy the character. On Atlantis he's too often the buffoonish clown whose arrogance and inflated ego do nothing but provide the writers an opportunity to avoid meaningful dialogue and character development by simply writing a throw away joke where Sheppard or Ronan gets to be lovingly exasperated with Mckay's constant whining.

I will concede, however, that I too think that Carter does bring out the best in Mckay. I just watched 48 Hours the other night, and I have to say that Mckay, as originally conceived, is a much better character than he is on Atlantis. In his appearances on SG-1 Mckay is snarky and arrogant and self centered. But he wasn't a buffoon, and he certainly wasn't comic relief. He was there to add a serious element of conflict to the story and be a real advesary/equal for Carter. I really feel like Mckay shows more depth in 48 Hours and Redemption than he does in the whole run of Atlantis. Ultimately, though, one of the problems I have with the proposed Carter crossovers to Atlantis is that I think the writers will simply play up the Carter/Mckay stuff to the detriment of the plot and certaintly to the detriment of the other characters. It just reeks too much of a stunt, and I worry that instead of Carter and the Atlantis characters getting any real, significant development, they will instead just get the shallowest of stories predicated on tired humor, an overdone, one-sided sexual attraction, and last second technobabble-inspired quick fixes.

Ok, I just reread this post and, man, does it sound a tad, um, faithless. I used to have tons of confidence in these producers, too.

Oh well.

Comment

Mandy, that's hilarious ! I so wanted to green you but sadly, I can't.
                  Now here's for you the special spiced blue jello, the only and true one, only element in my Samandan first aid kit. Enjoy !

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

i've heard that brad wright is coming back to sg-1. is this to have a more hands on approach with sg-1 or are he and coop swapping shows? if its the latter, then i think golfbooy may be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      i've heard that brad wright is coming back to sg-1. is this to have a more hands on approach with sg-1 or are he and coop swapping shows? if its the latter, then i think golfbooy may be correct.
                      I don't know if it's a direct show swap, but that would make the most sense. Unless they do half the season each, split the work load
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Now that season 9 is over ( no comment) does any one remember when her movie Abby Lord will be on?
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Now that season 9 is over ( no comment) does any one remember when her movie Abby Lord will be on?
                          I think it is due to be shown in April on Lifetime
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

When she's a detective?
                            I think it's the 24th of April

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              So... canon Sam Carter (season 9-ish) ends up in a club, late one night. She hasn't been drinking. It's not something she was planning on doing. Her and a (platonic) friend/acquantence were just looking for a place to wind down. So there she is. Dark club. Few tables. Wall-to-wall bar and a Big-@$$ dance floor full of moving bodies. Her 'friend' gets up to go dance...

Canon (season 9-ish) Sam Carter would:

(a) Do the elephunk: Get stupid, put her hands in the air and dance like she just don't care...

(b) Grab a table, order a drink, sit down and people-watch.

(c) Order a drink, stand at the bar and wonder if she's the only person in the room whose youth wasn't misspent.

(d) Order a drink, stand at the bar and flirt shamelessly with the hottie standing next to her (accidentally, of course )

(e) None of the above (insert own scenario here).

Just for fun.
                              geek
                              I'd say (B)

Comment

I just watched Into the Fire and really enjoyed it all over again. I realize that Carter does take charge of a very bad situation when she volunteers to return to Hathor's lair and blow up the generator. Makepeace wants to send backup with her and she looks at the greater good and calmly refuses so he has most men to lead an attack. That's certainly an example of valor and courage under fire, and of her leadership potential. Then there's the whole "threading the needle" scenario with Bra'tac, Hammond, and Teal'c. They played those scenes so well. We have a heroic Tok'ra and a concerned Jack once he throws Hathor over the railing and goes to Sam's aid. I love that embrace - you can take so much meaning from that long hug. Shipper or non-shipper, it was a great scene filled with powerful emotion. Just sayin' ...

Oh, and I go with (b) too ... that seems closest to Sam's personality. As a scientist, she observes and analyzes first so sitting down watching the crowd makes the most sense for her mo.

Comment

Working...
                                X