Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    You might have a problem getting him what with Tsaxlady and Kat chasing him around trying to stuff bills down his thong
    if he gets any papercuts can i kiss em and make it better?????

bad, i'm soooooo bad
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

So... canon Sam Carter (season 9-ish) ends up in a club, late one night. She hasn't been drinking. It's not something she was planning on doing. Her and a (platonic) friend/acquantence were just looking for a place to wind down. So there she is. Dark club. Few tables. Wall-to-wall bar and a Big-@$$ dance floor full of moving bodies. Her 'friend' gets up to go dance...

Canon (season 9-ish) Sam Carter would:

(a) Do the elephunk: Get stupid, put her hands in the air and dance like she just don't care...

(b) Grab a table, order a drink, sit down and people-watch.

(c) Order a drink, stand at the bar and wonder if she's the only person in the room whose youth wasn't misspent.

(d) Order a drink, stand at the bar and flirt shamelessly with the hottie standing next to her (accidentally, of course )

(e) None of the above (insert own scenario here).

Just for fun.
      geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

A Sober!Sam would do b) I think. Cos we know she was a bit of a rebel in her time, so she couldn't claim misspent youth.

Waiting on Myrth to finish beta-ing chapters eight and nine of shattered. I keep getting pestered to put them up and update, but there's nothing I can do. Finally on my first Daniel chapter for chapter ten (whoot!)

And bad, bad Sky! But I notice you've (shock, horror) changed your sig!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

B

sam's not the effusive type. even off duty she's very aware of her job and her standing and wouldn't jeopardize it

she's not a stick in the mud, but she isn't gnona be dancing on tables waving her shirt over her head either
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            B

sam's not the effusive type. even off duty she's very aware of her job and her standing and wouldn't jeopardize it

she's not a stick in the mud, but she isn't gnona be dancing on tables waving her shirt over her head either

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              we know she was a bit of a rebel in her time, so she couldn't claim misspent youth
              I'm not so sure canon Sam Carter had a truly misspent youth. If she did, she wouldn't have been the model-air-force officer, straight A student (who spent most, if not all of her free time working, studying and writing theory) that she was when we first met her. Had she been of the "misspent youth" variety, she'd have been more like early Cadet Haley. Mouthy, cocky and insubordinate. Despite what we might *like* to perceive about canon Sam Carter, I'm not sure she did a lot of "misspent" things as a young lady. I think she got herself the bike as a tribute to the potential in her to be an irreverent rebel. The part of her who wanted to break the mold and do dangerous things for the thrill of it, but not because she actually laid claim to a misspent young adulthood.

On Edit: I think that's the also reason she's always been particularily attracted to men who probably did have a misspent youth, like Jonas and Jack. Despite her rational arguments to the contrary (leading to relationships such as Joe Faxon and Pete Shanahan), she's rather helplessly (and far more intensely) attracted to the "lunatic fringe" for the same reason she bought herself a powerful car, a vintage bike and probably (more than occasionally) engages in extreme sports when she gets time off to play.
              Last edited by minigeek; 17 March 2006, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                B

I see Sam as the adventurous type for vacations - hiking, bicycling, etc. And of course riding her motorcycle. Then there's traveling to Washington DC to visit someone...
                sigpic

Comment

Season 9 Carter? B for sure but
                  if we were talking late season 6 or early season 7, I could see Sam and Janet dancing (although not wildly) on a 'girls night out' somewhere far from the base. " What's a Girl to Do?" keeps popping into my mind

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    So... canon Sam Carter (season 9-ish) ends up in a club, late one night. She hasn't been drinking. It's not something she was planning on doing. Her and a (platonic) friend/acquantence were just looking for a place to wind down. So there she is. Dark club. Few tables. Wall-to-wall bar and a Big-@$$ dance floor full of moving bodies. Her 'friend' gets up to go dance...

(a) Do the elephunk: Get stupid, put her hands in the air and dance like she just don't care...

(c) Order a drink, stand at the bar and wonder if she's the only person in the room whose youth wasn't misspent.

(d) Order a drink, stand at the bar and flirt shamelessly with the hottie standing next to her (accidentally, of course )

Just for fun.
                    geek
                    I'd say "B"

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      I'd say "B"
                      So we'd have to get her drunk (or emotionally tripped out a la 'Trinkets: Picking up the Pieces') in order to see her walk a little more on the wild side, eh? Touch the heart of the 'inner' Sam Carter.....

Comment

Just for fun.
                        geek
                        I'd have to say d) because Sam does have a wild side, but she's just flirting so she can get him to play pool and win all his money

Edit the Royal Bookie is currenly working on an update be afraid, be very afraid
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

So we'd have to get her drunk (or emotionally tripped out a la 'Trinkets: Picking up the Pieces') in order to see her walk a little more on the wild side, eh? Touch the heart of the 'inner' Sam Carter.....
                          I think that was my fave chapter of Trinkets.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I'm not so sure canon Sam Carter had a truly misspent youth. If she did, she wouldn't have been the model-air-force officer, straight A student (who spent most, if not all of her free time working, studying and writing theory) that she was when we first met her. Had she been of the "misspent youth" variety, she'd have been more like early Cadet Haley. Mouthy, cocky and insubordinate. Despite what we might *like* to perceive about canon Sam Carter, I'm not sure she did a lot of "misspent" things as a young lady. I think she got herself the bike as a tribute to the potential in her to be an irreverent rebel. The part of her who wanted to break the mold and do dangerous things for the thrill of it, but not because she actually laid claim to a misspent young adulthood.
                            I agree with C7 and Sky on choice B. Even post-Pete and having gone out in more 'normal' ways with him (if you call crashing an old-folks anniversary party normal), I think she'd be doing that. And.... considering her "Not Exactly" statement to Barrett concerning her relationship availability - (meaning something's going on with someone in S9) I'd place her at the table too, happy to watch her friend and the others make potential fools of themselves and secure in the fact that she'll be going home to (or hooking up soon with) her own significant other.

Agree with you there mini on her teen years. While there's that 'military brat' stereotype that may/may not be applicable to military dependents, I too think she didn't fit that misspent youth archetype. Part of it being who she is deep down in the core of her being, another part of it being her Dad and his expectations as he was rising through the ranks himself to become a general and her need to prove to him she could live up to those expectatoins. Plus given when she was coming of age and all the time and energy she's still putting into the job... that'd probably be the first time she'd been out there in a 21st century clubbing environment and yep, I could see her doing a Dr. Jackson and observing the natives for a bit... (although now that I think about it, Daniel would observe for two seconds then would be out in the thick of things to learn the culture by immersion)

I think she knows when to cut loose and can do it with the best of them, but she's only going to do it when she's surrounded by those she knows she can trust.
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              I think that was my fave chapter of Trinkets.
                              Mine too! (Shh, don't tell Sky!)

I love anything where Sam 'breaks free', in an angsty, believeable, way. Especially when Jack ends up going along for the (proverbial) ride. And Sky did that sooooo well in Trinkets. I think I read that chapter twice in a row just because it was so well articulated.
                              Last edited by minigeek; 17 March 2006, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                So CG does the Castle have a Royal Party room and swimming pool for a Royal Samandan Party After all summer is right around the corner!
                                Not where I live.

Comment

Working...
                                X