Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    I find it really funny the simple stuff that others find such a novelty, like maltesers, jaffa cakes and toffee crisps. But then again, the two times I went to America, I packed half my suitcase with Frootloops, blue jell-o and fruit roll ups!
    Ha! you're making me hungry for fruitloops--I haven't had them in years. May have to put them on my shopping list. Ok, they have about zero nutrition, but they're tasty! I think we've hit a great topic for the blue jello thread. Favorite regional (national?) snacks & foods?

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
      I was ... I am "The Royal Gardener".
      A thought occurs--it's good that Samanda has "fertilizer manager (agitator) to go with our royal garden. Whenever I read about the fertilizer agitator I remember a high school teacher I had who came from Montana. He always wore boots and called them his "chip kickers."

Comment

I just read the interview with Rachel Lutrell. Wouldn't it be fun in season 10/3 for
        Spoiler:
        Sam and Teyla to have to save the day by themselves?

Ok--not really a spoiler, but I wanted to practice.

Comment

Woah, what interview is that? :O

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
            ... Oh, dear Gods - now I think I have to do something like "Stargate Science For the Calculus Averse", just so that Dr. Emu and Captain Dodgers can write the chapter intros and summaries ... LOL!
            Speaking of our Samanda mascots, thought I'd bring this back up for the newer citizens.

... official flag designs compliments of Forever Sg1 and Strix and SamFan31, gardens compliments of Lys, castle compliments of CG, Dr. Emu and Duck Dodgers compliments of mini and Sim (Lys too?) and aviary by ?! ...

Have fun strolling the grounds but please don't litter.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              Hiya GB... nice to see you back!!

Ok, the idea is that we have some Amanda-ized rubber wrist bands made and donate the profit to one of her charities. That way Amanda fans will recognize each other where ever they go... cons n such

We're looking at plain orange rubber bands with a phrase screen printed on them.. something like "Tapping the kindness within".

I've been pricing them up and it's going to be difficult to do unless we take pre-orders to cover the cost of having them made.

So that was my question, how many people would pre-order?

I would!!!! I'm in if this goes to print.
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                what does a Transcriber actually do and is it a free software
                Microsoft Transcriber is a handwriting recognition program that comes with the Microsoft Pocket PC operating system, so I have no doubt they charge for it. (Microsoft is a business after all - businesses do that. )

Transcriber is an input method. The user writes, prints, or both, on the screen of the Pocket PC device, and Transcriber makes it into characters in in whatever application is running. Essentially, I write in longhand, and it comes out typed in whatever application I'm running. (huge grin) When one spends one's days typing, it's a pleasure to be able to actually write, and still have it come out typed. Cake and consumption both.
                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  A few weeks ago, I went up on Cafepress.com and had the Samanda design I posted several months ago made into a button. The photo is really blurry thanks to a sucky digital camera, but the button itself came out pretty darn good. I just thought I'd share it with you.

Samanda Button

I also had a T-shirt made thanks to MiniGeek's generosity in allowing me to use one of her Sam sketches. It came out much better than I had anticipated.

Front of T-shirt

Close up of MG's sketch on T-shirt

Great idea! The shirt looks wonderful and the button is much better than the patches now that I see it! Can we all get them?

Comment

Okay the Royal Bookie has been hard at work * rubs dried tired eyes*
                    So far this is what I have come up with.
                    It all started with Myrth (yeah give me a hard job ) betting anyone that RDA will be in the 200th ep.

Traveller Enroute1 will write a poem “Ode To The Missing General Jack”
                    ChopinGal has offered to help write the poem,

Simhavaktra has offered to write a Sam fic if RDA does any actual acting ( get your dictionaries ready if this happens)

Tsaxlady would lay money on RDA being in the 200th episode. Yes but for that to happen RDA will have to give Tsaxlady a lap dance, not sure if she will be able to pay off the bet

Forever SG1 is not capable of writing readable fic, so will have to pay off in other means. (See Tsaxlady) also states if RDA/Jack is actually in the 200th episode as more than a clip, I'll use my personalized autograph at Gabit to have Amanda sign whatever picture you wish...to you. That is as long as it's acceptable by the G4. Again for possible picture see TsaxladyI’m not sure whose but Kat is referring to “And that's a mighty big but.”..if RDA doesn't actually appear in the 200th episode, then Ooober must have a special project completed and Myrth must use a bullwhip on Ooober

Dancer of Spaz said "Myrth, normally I'd take you up on that offer, but you seem a bit too confident So I'm going to take a certain condition from that wager, and bet you that we only see Jack via satellite or some kind of SGC "podcast" from D.C.. Or... that he's using some kind of tech from Thor I won't complain though. We take what we can get, right"
                    Umm? Not sure what Spaz is betting, so may have a hard time to pay off.

MajorSal is planning on knocking Sky out and mugging her “I won't complain though. We take what we can get, right if rda's in the 200th ep, skydiver will pay you 100 US dollars. if he's not in the 200th ep, skydiver will pay you 100 US dollars.”

While MajorSal is assaulting Sky, Tracy Jane will be assaulting Dancer of Spaz for said same reasons.

Unfortunately MajorSal will be surprised when she dips into Sky’s wallet and finds a bottle of rum (don’t ask me, Sky must have one huge wallet)

ChopinGal has gone from betting to predicting the future and believes that if RDA isn’t in the 200th ep. There will be shattered TV’s and all of Sky and TJ’s empty bottles of rum will be cast at the telly

Ok on with the betting *wipes sweat off forehead*
                    Now TJ has joined in on writing a fic, but I’m not sure if it’s for or against Jack being in ep 200. Oh well, she’ll write it either way once she dips into the royal bar.

Stargate Barbie states that if RDA comes back for episode 200
                    “ i'll write a fic (that nobody will ever want to read!)” So if no one reads it, is it really written? Hard time to pay off this bet too.

Some where I think AD mentioned putting in his links to STD’s (perhaps that for Simhavaktra so she can write her Sam fic?)

Now some how don’t ask me how, but MajorSal has asked for a domestic Sam-whumping fic, with Sam domesticated by Jack Perhaps that happened after she found the bottle of rum in Sky’s wallet.

Now Minigeek’s wager is a little more confusing, ( thanks mini) from what I got mini will make a 11x14 print-quality (high-res) Sam Carter sketch for everyone and everyone going to Gabit will have to buy Mini an orange or a raspberry martini (me thinks Mini will end up being sloshed, oh well she can join Sally)

TJ’s gong to take MG up on the bet, but intends to buy her drinks no matter the outcome. (To all those going to Gabit look for Mini under the table.)

Lida’s going to join TJ in buying Mini drinks of her choice, ( again look for Mini under the table)

Kat was astute enough to catch TJ hedging her bets. “Hey, what's up with that! You bet with me that Jack will be in the 200th episode and you bet with Mini that he won't be in the 200th episode? Playing it safe now aren't we?? “ Hmm? What do we do with TJ??

Lida, has gotten into the mood and wants to buy everyone at Gabit a drink no matter the outcome. ( But Lida hasn’t told hubby yet, uh oh! Maybe you can get help from one of the many Scribes to come up with a reason for the missing money)

Mini predicts she will be breaking out in song before the night is over (and before she ends up under the table) Don’t worry Mini the Samandans will bring their water guns they used on CG’s birthday cake to keep you in line.

Strix being the sound one of the group will bring Mini coffee/tea/hangover berverage of choice the morning after. (What Mini will really need is for Strix to hold her head while she prays over the porcelain ori ship)

Well that seems to be all the wagers but there will be a few unexpected outcomes, Somehow from these wagers CG will end up making love to a penguin . I quote “Lys, je t'aime mais je suis une penguine” Sky and Spaz will end up broke and with concussions, while MajorSal and Tracy Jane will need to be bailed out of jail, by whom? Hell I don’t know, ask the Royal Accountant where all the money went. Oy I think I need a drink. TJ!
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

You called? Help yourself to the bar, I'm pooped after spending several hours karaoke-ing with Daniel Jackson and his girlfriend Sam Carter. No joke. See BJC for details.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                        Great idea! The shirt looks wonderful and the button is much better than the patches now that I see it! Can we all get them?
                        Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout! That's a t-shirt that would fit and that I'd wear. Shoot, I'd wear that on stage at a gig. Very cool.
                        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Very well said! She doesn't have to talk the talk in S9, she just goes ahead and walks the walk in her own professional manner.
                          Great post CG - this sums it up perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy SG-1
                            So if no one reads it, is it really written? Hard time to pay off this bet too.

well lets hope we get to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

While MajorSal is assaulting Sky, Tracy Jane will be assaulting Dancer of Spaz for said same reasons.

Unfortunately MajorSal will be surprised when she dips into Sky’s wallet and finds a bottle of rum (don’t ask me, Sky must have one huge wallet)

ChopinGal has gone from betting to predicting the future and believes that if RDA isn’t in the 200th ep. There will be shattered TV’s and all of Sky and TJ’s empty bottles of rum will be cast at the telly

Now TJ has joined in on writing a fic, but I’m not sure if it’s for or against Jack being in ep 200. Oh well, she’ll write it either way once she dips into the royal bar.

“ i'll write a fic (that nobody will ever want to read!)” So if no one reads it, is it really written? Hard time to pay off this bet too.

Some where I think AD mentioned putting in his links to STD’s (perhaps that for Simhavaktra so she can write her Sam fic?)

Now some how don’t ask me how, but MajorSal has asked for a domestic Sam-whumping fic, with Sam domesticated by Jack Perhaps that happened after she found the bottle of rum in Sky’s wallet.

Now Minigeek’s wager is a little more confusing, ( thanks mini) from what I got mini will make a 11x14 print-quality (high-res) Sam Carter sketch for everyone and everyone going to Gabit will have to buy Mini an orange or a raspberry martini (me thinks Mini will end up being sloshed, oh well she can join Sally)

TJ’s gong to take MG up on the bet, but intends to buy her drinks no matter the outcome. (To all those going to Gabit look for Mini under the table.)

Lida’s going to join TJ in buying Mini drinks of her choice, ( again look for Mini under the table)

Kat was astute enough to catch TJ hedging her bets. “Hey, what's up with that! You bet with me that Jack will be in the 200th episode and you bet with Mini that he won't be in the 200th episode? Playing it safe now aren't we?? “ Hmm? What do we do with TJ??

Lida, has gotten into the mood and wants to buy everyone at Gabit a drink no matter the outcome. ( But Lida hasn’t told hubby yet, uh oh! Maybe you can get help from one of the many Scribes to come up with a reason for the missing money)

Mini predicts she will be breaking out in song before the night is over (and before she ends up under the table) Don’t worry Mini the Samandans will bring their water guns they used on CG’s birthday cake to keep you in line.

Strix being the sound one of the group will bring Mini coffee/tea/hangover berverage of choice the morning after. (What Mini will really need is for Strix to hold her head while she prays over the porcelain ori ship)

Well that seems to be all the wagers but there will be a few unexpected outcomes, Somehow from these wagers CG will end up making love to a penguin . I quote “Lys, je t'aime mais je suis une penguine” Sky and Spaz will end up broke and with concussions, while MajorSal and Tracy Jane will need to be bailed out of jail, by whom? Hell I don’t know, ask the Royal Accountant where all the money went. Oy I think I need a drink. TJ!
                              [/COLOR]
                              LOL and who is getting the video of all this????? ROFLMAO Good one Mandysg1!
                              sigpic

Comment

[takes hat off to the royal wager maker taker]

Very very nicely done Mandy... and at the end of all this, standing on my original position, I should be the proud new owner of a personalised Amanda autograph, and an original sketch from Mini... w00t!

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                It all started with Myrth (yeah give me a hard job ) betting anyone that RDA will be in the 200th ep.

Traveller Enroute1 will write a poem “Ode To The Missing General Jack”
                                ChopinGal has offered to help write the poem,

Simhavaktra has offered to write a Sam fic if RDA does any actual acting ( get your dictionaries ready if this happens)

Tsaxlady would lay money on RDA being in the 200th episode. Yes but for that to happen RDA will have to give Tsaxlady a lap dance, not sure if she will be able to pay off the bet

Forever SG1 is not capable of writing readable fic, so will have to pay off in other means. (See Tsaxlady) also states if RDA/Jack is actually in the 200th episode as more than a clip, I'll use my personalized autograph at Gabit to have Amanda sign whatever picture you wish...to you. That is as long as it's acceptable by the G4. Again for possible picture see TsaxladyI’m not sure whose but Kat is referring to “And that's a mighty big but.”..if RDA doesn't actually appear in the 200th episode, then Ooober must have a special project completed and Myrth must use a bullwhip on Ooober

Dancer of Spaz said "Myrth, normally I'd take you up on that offer, but you seem a bit too confident So I'm going to take a certain condition from that wager, and bet you that we only see Jack via satellite or some kind of SGC "podcast" from D.C.. Or... that he's using some kind of tech from Thor I won't complain though. We take what we can get, right"
                                Umm? Not sure what Spaz is betting, so may have a hard time to pay off.

MajorSal is planning on knocking Sky out and mugging her “I won't complain though. We take what we can get, right if rda's in the 200th ep, skydiver will pay you 100 US dollars. if he's not in the 200th ep, skydiver will pay you 100 US dollars.”

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X