No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another one of those fact finding questions for you all on the wristbands.. in which there is plenty of interest [yay]...

Would you like light blue bands (to tie with Gateworld and because Amanda is always stunning in blue), black or olive green, aswell?

I'm having issues with orange at the moment...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      whether or not she's a leader on paper, in actions she is. She ACTS like a leader the majority of the time, while cam is off larking off and having a good time and fulfilling his fantasies

to me, the best way to settle the leadership issue isn't to deal with sam, it's to deal with cam and write him better
      You're right about Sam acting like a leader, in everything but name she is the leader of SG-1.

Cameron doesn't seem to have grasped that this isn't a game. In 'Off The Grid', his disobeying orders - I'm fairly certain that "try and stay under the radar" does not translate as "announce your presence to the first person you see, demand to be taken to the bad guys and declare yourself a major drug dealer" - his lack of consideration for his teammates and of common sense led to all of them coming perilously close to being killed and all he can say at the end of the episode is "We have got the best jobs in the world, don't we?"

I wonder if the character is supposed to appeal to those who fantasize about being a part of SG-1 because as the character is, he reminds me of an over-enthusiatic child who, for some bizarre reason, has been allowed to play with his favourite sports team, join the Justice League or similar.

Better writing for Cameron would certainly make him more palatable, as a member of SG-1, if not as their leader, but I would be afraid that the writers have backed themselves into a corner with the character - if he hasn't learned caution, common sense or self control from his year working with SG-1, not to mention from his recklessness leading to the injury and probable death of his friend, is it reasonable or realistic to expect that he will learn it in Season Ten?

I don't know what they could do to make it reasonable that he is 'leading' a group far more experienced than he is, but if TPB can manage it, a toning-down of the character will be more than welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        Wow I'm gone for a few hours and I'm nominated Royal Bookie
        I think I may need the help of the Royal Accountant to keep all these bets in order
        Does gatebee have a job? If so, I can help. Perhaps it should be a group effort. I won't be gambling, seeing as how the 200th ep will be after Shore Leave, and the biggie isn't until the fall. Plus, I have no chips to offer!

Comment

A few weeks ago, I went up on Cafepress.com and had the Samanda design I posted several months ago made into a button. The photo is really blurry thanks to a sucky digital camera, but the button itself came out pretty darn good. I just thought I'd share it with you.

Samanda Button

I also had a T-shirt made thanks to MiniGeek's generosity in allowing me to use one of her Sam sketches. It came out much better than I had anticipated.

Front of T-shirt

Close up of MG's sketch on T-shirt

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Originally posted by minigeek
            ...and Teryl's on the homepage today, gods bless her.
            I think it's great that she's finding a niche in the Lifetime/Hallmark movies and whatever. She's with Katee Sackhoff (BSG) another one of my favorites in this upcoming movie.

Wouldn't it be great if Amanda and Teryl end up doing a telemovie together?
            Woah, Katee Sackhoff and Nathan Fillion (who played Malcom Reynolds in Firefly) starring with Teryl co-starring? I might have to watch this movie

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              Hiya GB... nice to see you back!!

Ok, the idea is that we have some Amanda-ized rubber wrist bands made and donate the profit to one of her charities. That way Amanda fans will recognize each other where ever they go... cons n such

We're looking at plain orange rubber bands with a phrase screen printed on them.. something like "Tapping the kindness within".

I've been pricing them up and it's going to be difficult to do unless we take pre-orders to cover the cost of having them made.

So that was my question, how many people would pre-order?

I probably would. It would be a neat Samanda souvenir even though I'm not going to the convention. Do you have a ball park idea of the price per?

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                Sky, that is exactly how I feel. However I'm not sure Mitchell even can be written better at this point; to my mind (with respect to the leadership issue) the damage has already been done. He needed to be introduced in a different way (stronger, more knowledgeable, experienced and commanding respect off the bat) - in order for me to believe he could be a leader to Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. He wasn't, so I don't see that he can "grow into" that, now. Especially (as you said) since Carter's been so decisive in his stead thus far. If there's to be a new leader for SG-1 at this point I don't think it can be Mitchell anymore; it'd have to be someone completely different (if it isn't to be Sam).

mg
                Exactly. The writers may have made a mistake in saying the team already knew Ham--er--Cam. Sure they avoided the conflict cliche, but they forgot to write something else to replace it. He's a hot dog, but we're not supposed to find that annoying, we're supposed to find it endearing--I guess. He's clearly inexperienced in off world travel, but we're supposed to just accept him as a leader for off world travel. It just doesn't make sense. I just say thank goodness for AT being as true to Carter as she can (within the confines of the scripts she gets)--showing, not telling, leadership quality.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  A few weeks ago, I went up on Cafepress.com and had the Samanda design I posted several months ago made into a button. The photo is really blurry thanks to a sucky digital camera, but the button itself came out pretty darn good. I just thought I'd share it with you.

Samanda Button
                  I like the button! Will they become available to we average denizens of the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    Exactly. The writers may have made a mistake in saying the team already knew Ham--er--Cam. Sure they avoided the conflict cliche, but they forgot to write something else to replace it. He's a hot dog, but we're not supposed to find that annoying, we're supposed to find it endearing--I guess. He's clearly inexperienced in off world travel, but we're supposed to just accept him as a leader for off world travel. It just doesn't make sense. I just say thank goodness for AT being as true to Carter as she can (within the confines of the scripts she gets)--showing, not telling, leadership quality.
                    Very well said! She doesn't have to talk the talk in S9, she just goes ahead and walks the walk in her own professional manner.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Samanda Button

I also had a T-shirt made thanks to MiniGeek's generosity in allowing me to use one of her Sam sketches. It came out much better than I had anticipated.

Front of T-shirt

Close up of MG's sketch on T-shirt
                      Kat, super kudos to you and mini and Myrth for your creativity and bringing these items to the light of day! Excellent work! And I wouldn't be surprised if our gal Ooober has something up her sleeve too!

Now that I see the badge/pin in such a pretty shade of blue, I could see Myrth doing the wristbands in a matching color.

Tell us more about Cafepress.com and how you're going to market this.

Cheers, CG

Comment

I don't know where I got this link originally, so it may have been here (and if so, I apologize for reposting it), but this is a really good, smart story in which Sam winds up in a well-conceived alternate universe. Shippers should enjoy this one. Sort of bittersweet in a really great way.

The Crossroads of Eshu by Melyanna

http://melyanna.soulofthewizard.net/...yinfo&story=24

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          Does gatebee have a job? If so, I can help. Perhaps it should be a group effort. I won't be gambling, seeing as how the 200th ep will be after Shore Leave, and the biggie isn't until the fall. Plus, I have no chips to offer!
                          I was ... I am "The Royal Gardener".

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                            I was ... I am "The Royal Gardener".
                            Wow, now I know we can work well together, who else would make good partners but the Royal Garderner and the Royal Fertilizer Agitator
                            Although the Royal Bartender might get upset if I'm not close enough to the bar so she can dip into my bucket
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                              Hiya GB... nice to see you back!!

Ok, the idea is that we have some Amanda-ized rubber wrist bands made and donate the profit to one of her charities. That way Amanda fans will recognize each other where ever they go... cons n such

We're looking at plain orange rubber bands with a phrase screen printed on them.. something like "Tapping the kindness within".

I've been pricing them up and it's going to be difficult to do unless we take pre-orders to cover the cost of having them made.

So that was my question, how many people would pre-order?

thank you Myrth .... how much do you think it will cost

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                Kat, super kudos to you and mini and Myrth for your creativity and bringing these items to the light of day! Excellent work! And I wouldn't be surprised if our gal Ooober has something up her sleeve too!

Now that I see the badge/pin in such a pretty shade of blue, I could see Myrth doing the wristbands in a matching color.

Tell us more about Cafepress.com and how you're going to market this.

Cheers, CG
                                Originally posted by jckfan55
                                I like the button! Will they become available to we average denizens of the thread?
                                I believe Oober has started a Samanda shop up on Cafepress.com. If people think they would be interested in the Samanda button, I can have her add it to her website so anyone who wishes to purchase one can. If I understood Oober correctly, she was just going to add the items up on the Cafepress website at their default prices, which means you will paying for Cafepress to actually create the item, not for the designs on the items. No one associated with Samanda would be recieving any profits from the sale of these items. It would just be a way for us to make merchandise involving Stargate/Sam/Amanda that we could all enjoy.

I have been playing with other designs as well, but after recieving the T-shirt I made, I'm gonna have to rethink a few of my designs as I'm not sure they will transfer onto a T-shirt as well as I had hoped.

http://www.cafepress.com/stargater

This is the website that I have created to fiddle with my designs. I am still adjusting and playing with things so it's really not advisable to try to purchase anything from this site. Once I satisfied with my designs, I will give them to Oober and she will put them in the Samanda store for everyone to purchase if they so choose.

If anyone else has an idea that they would like to see on a button or T-shirt, but feel uncomfortable making it themselves, or if they dont' wish to start their own cafepress account; they send them to me and I'll try to help you implement the design. Send me a PM or an email and we can work out the design and then I'll put a few samples up on my website so you can see what they would look like. Tracy Jane is already working on a design. I know Oober is waiting for other people to send her designs to use up on the Samanda storefront, so now's your chance to let your creativity be admired by millions of people. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but it could happen! Two people from Samanda show two friends and so on and so on and soon the entire world is wanting your designs worn across their chests!!

Kat
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 16 March 2006, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X