Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I actually bought Olivia a birthday present that I'm hoping to give Amanda next week in Vancouver. The con is only two days after her birthday so I thought it was a perfect time. I'm sure other people will probably be doing the same thing. If AT keeps the gift it will be cool and if she doesn't hopefully some other child will enjoy it. Afterall, it's the thought that counts, right?
    wow Olivia must be just a cute little 1 yr old toodler with her mom's lovely blue eyes. You are so lucky to be going to that con. Wish I had the money to do that too. I am sure you will have great fun

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
      Hmmm. I might be able to help there.

More things to skip for the ship averse:
      Spoiler:
      On various bits of paper, I have various scribbles, adding up to the idea that in the midst of prepping a mission to jump from the Alpha Site to Pacific airspace back on Earth and save the President's butt from the Trust who have Air Force 1 in the sights of a pair of modified Death Gliders, Sam wiggles her way out of the hatch to the electronics bay of the AX-509 (3's Goa'uld and Asgard tech, 4's Caledonian tech, 5's Ancient tech ) where she's fitting the specialized Goa'uld derived control system for the 509's energy weapons, and flabbergasts Jack, who's in 'have you thought this through? what will you do if something goes wrong? have you ever so much as pulled the trigger on this thing's phasers before? who the hell am I supposed to kill if anything happens to you during this?' mode, by asking him to marry her. When Jack starts sputtering, she tells him that there's no time for him to squawk about it just then - he can answer, and give her the best possible incentive to pull off such a crazy a** plan, or he can go back to Washington and explain to the first lady how there was nobody who could reach her husband in time. His decision. Jack chooses wisely and, since neither party has anything resembling a ring on them, one of his dogtags goes with Sam on her flight to save the President, and one of hers stays with Jack on the Alpha site. Which is how Sam ends up never having an engagement ring - though she does eventually have a titanium dog tag with custom engraving.

You're working on this fic right now, aren't ya?!?! That'd be so cool !!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Oh wow, looks like the geek's gonna get pretttty hammered that night, lol

Sweet!

If I start singin' ... I cannot be held responsible.

mg
        How about I'll take your bet, but I'll buy you coffee/tea/hangover beverage of choice the next morning instead...?

My LJ

Comment

You're working on this one right now, aren't ya?!?! That's so cool !!
          Yes, I am working on it - the newest version of Transcriber and I get along insanely well (all except lower case k's and upper case J's - for which I have no explanation! LOL!), so I'm actually getting some writing done.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Speaking of fic-wise - you know what I've wanted to see (but haven't really yet?)

Non shippers, skip this part please.
            Spoiler:
            I'd like to red a fic written by someone who's a true believer that Sam and Jack wouldn't do something even remotely normal for the moment that one of them actually proposes marriage... one thing that we don't see in a lot of the (non smushy S/J) fics out there is the actual proposal; they're either already married, or that part gets skipped. I can see why; I don't think it'd happen on bended knee, for example, but neither do I think it'd be some nonchallant thing, either. It'd be as quirky and weird as they are! For the sake of fun, I mean. But I think it'd be neat to read someone like Skydiver or Strix's (yeah, i know-but still) interpretation of what might happen for that fateful moment.

Ah well

mg
            You know... I'm tempted...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              How about I'll take your bet, but I'll buy you coffee/tea/hangover beverage of choice the next morning instead...?
              You're on. (you do know that the best thing for a hangover is another drink, right? lol j/k ... it's all good!)

Comment

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

Nope... still eagerly awaiting...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  You know... I'm tempted...
                  PLEASE be tempted!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                    Howdy campers!

I just wanted to throw a question out there to you guys.

I'm still looking at the Samandan wristband thing and I just wanted to know how many of you would be willing to pre-order them? The issue is that the run of bands will have to be paid for, so I'm wondering if we do a pre-purchase option to raise the initial cash to have them made.

What do you think?

Hey Lida I think this is the post you were referring to, I hope
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

...and Teryl's on the homepage today, gods bless her.

Comment

Yes, I am working on it - the newest version of Transcriber and I get along insanely well (all except lower case k's and upper case J's - for which I have no explanation! LOL!), so I'm actually getting some writing done.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

what does a Transcriber actually do and is it a free software

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                          Myrth , same question for me... wrist band for everyone or G2
                          Well, the original idea was to have them for all three cons, but Van seems to be upon us already and no wristbands yet. However, they certainly aren't just for Gabit, Myrth herself won't be there.

As for Mandy's post, that's not the one we were looking for, I'll sift through and search for it.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                            I have a suggestion for the con and everyone I guess (I can't go to the cons *cry*).

I've done this in another fandom and it seems to work well. How bout we get orange rubber wristbands made and have Samanda & Hic Comitas Regit debossed on them. They can be sold through a website (I'm already doing that for another one) and the profits donated to Amanda's charity.

I'm happy to get involved in organising this one if people are interested.

Here's a pic of what I'm talkin about

This is Myrth's original post from way back when we were discussing wristbands, patches and all things Samandan.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Speaking of fic-wise - you know what I've wanted to see (but haven't really yet?)

Non shippers, skip this part please.
                              Spoiler:
                              I'd like to red a fic written by someone who's a true believer that Sam and Jack wouldn't do something even remotely normal for the moment that one of them actually proposes marriage... one thing that we don't see in a lot of the (non smushy S/J) fics out there is the actual proposal; they're either already married, or that part gets skipped. I can see why; I don't think it'd happen on bended knee, for example, but neither do I think it'd be some nonchallant thing, either. It'd be as quirky and weird as they are! For the sake of fun, I mean. But I think it'd be neat to read someone like Skydiver or Strix's (yeah, i know-but still) interpretation of what might happen for that fateful moment.

Ah well

mg
                              Spoiler:
                              That's one thing I'm grappling with right now with another FF I'm writing, the last story in what has turned into the Choices series. (I'm just waiting for the muse to strike me over the head with something great!)

I'm of the mind that they'd start out with the greatest of intentions for the proposal to be the 'traditional' bended knee stuff, but being our Sam and being our Jack... things just never work out as they wanted them to be. And they say the heck with it - we've never been 'normal!'
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                                Spoiler:
                                That's one thing I'm grappling with right now with another FF I'm writing, the last story in what has turned into the Choices series. (I'm just waiting for the muse to strike me over the head with something great!)

I'm of the mind that they'd start out with the greatest of intentions for the proposal to be the 'traditional' bended knee stuff, but being our Sam and being our Jack... things just never work out as they wanted them to be. And they say the heck with it - we've never been 'normal!'
                                Spoiler:
                                The best one I've read (and I am biased) is the "proposal" in Garden of the Gods. I think it's perfect!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X