Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    was that in response to what i said?

fic wise, i LOVE stories like that. but i love other types too, including and especially sam-whumping fics.

i'd also love to see a domestic type storyline for sam (ONLY with jack, though! ) on the show. we've never seen sam like this. i think it would be *very* interesting, considering that amanda's living that life right now and could add personal insights and gestures to it.

sally

ps - spoilers for 'one tree hill'
    Spoiler:
    i can't believe dan shot keith! i hope keith is really alive, but i'll have to wait a few weeks to find out. dang those ptb that know how to draw a fan in!
    Uh oh, did you just ask for a domestic Sam-whumping fic, with Sam domesticated by Jack
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      In an annoying, slap me upside the head kinda way, eh?
      Which is why you fit in so well around here!

By the way...welcome to my 3,200th post on GW which of COURSE had to be on Samanda.

Does time fly or what?

Hiccup Comatose Regime!!!!!!!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Which is why you fit in so well around here!

By the way...welcome to my 3,200th post on GW which of COURSE had to be on Samanda.

Does time fly or what?

Hiccup Comatose Regime!!!!!!!!!!
        Congrats Ooooober, and have you been dipping into CG sloe gin
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Congrats ÜberSG-1Fan on 3200 posts!
          Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Congrats Ooooober, and have you been dipping into CG sloe gin
            Thanks all. I guess it looks like I'm 3 sheets to the wind (more like 3 fries short of a happy meal)...but in truth, I do not drink. Well, I DO drink...but like water and coffee. And anything with any kind of chocolately anything in it.

Oh, btw, congrats Mandysg1 on your 800th post!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Wow Über 3200 posts you have had a lot to say

Over 32000 posts for the thread - wonder how many we will have next week when a few of us will be seeing AT in Vancouver

I'm so ready for the vacation next week at the Vancouver Con
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                And just for the other people who might be lurking, it is perfectly acceptable to be a fan of Sam and not necassarily want her to lead SG1 We welcome all fans of Sam here

Great point, Agent Dark. I think some fans do make some good points about why they don't want Sam to lead, and these are fans who do like her. I would like to see her lead, and feel that she should lead SG-1, but fans who believe otherwise should feel welcome here too.

Comment

you know, i'm split on the leadership thing. I have no issue with sam leading, and i'd have no issue with her following...if cameron was just more clearly defined.

he's a leader that doesn't act like one. he acts like some green captain or lieutenant most of the time...which is my issue with him leading. It's not that sam isn't, just that cam does such a poor job of it that i just can't see sam sitting back and rolling her eyes and ignoring him

whether or not she's a leader on paper, in actions she is. She ACTS like a leader the majority of the time, while cam is off larking off and having a good time and fulfilling his fantasies

to me, the best way to settle the leadership issue isn't to deal with sam, it's to deal with cam and write him better
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Wow Über 3200 posts you have had a lot to say
                    Ha. Don't let her fool you. Most of it hasn't really made any sense.

(ducking and running)

Awww Oooberness. We loves ya!!

Hugs,
                    geeeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I agree with Sky. For the most part Cameron doesn't strike me as the type who is comfortable or natural at leading others, and most of the type he does seem much too immature for a position of that importance. Sam IS a leader; she is comfortable with taking charge and making the hard decisions. She has earned the respect of those around her and has a ready-made rapport with those she serves with. Plus, honestly, she's just more experienced in the "intergalactic" field, so that alone should edge out Mitchell. I for one haven't really seen Cam come into his own this season, especially as a leader. Maybe when that happens the whole leadership thing won't bug me so much.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        whether or not she's a leader on paper, in actions she is. She ACTS like a leader the majority of the time, while cam is off larking off and having a good time and fulfilling his fantasies

to me, the best way to settle the leadership issue isn't to deal with sam, it's to deal with cam and write him better
                        Sky, that is exactly how I feel. However I'm not sure Mitchell even can be written better at this point; to my mind (with respect to the leadership issue) the damage has already been done. He needed to be introduced in a different way (stronger, more knowledgeable, experienced and commanding respect off the bat) - in order for me to believe he could be a leader to Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. He wasn't, so I don't see that he can "grow into" that, now. Especially (as you said) since Carter's been so decisive in his stead thus far. If there's to be a new leader for SG-1 at this point I don't think it can be Mitchell anymore; it'd have to be someone completely different (if it isn't to be Sam).

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                          Yeah

trouble = wife
                          boat = face
                          Barney = trouble

trouble and strife
                          boat race
                          Barney Rubble

I do the bean counting at the Old Hag.... with my trusty Abacus! Much more tactile than a calculator. It is important to keep the senses stimulated at my age. Whilst at the Jester's age all sense has left. Apart from that of humour I hope - or I'm brown.....

(bread).....(dead)
                          Yes, my good Royal Accountant, stimulation with your abacus is an important part of your day. However, methinks the newer Samandans should know that the Old Hag was not named after a certain Royal Hen. You failed to clarify that.

As to your command of the colourful and somewhat confusing language of the Kingdom (UK that is), I shall try to retrieve the old, old archives which will give the newcomers quite a dazzling display of quirky linguistics. If they think the Queen's technobabble is difficult to understand, wait until they see RA dialectbabble. Of course, finding the ancient posts will only be doable if I'm able to keep my wits about me. According to you, that may be an impossible task now that I'm another year older.

Brown bread for sure.

Comment

Hehehe, linguistic and dialect babble is my speciality (in three languages no less), so watch out! Just out of interest... does anyone else know what a cob is (not of the winged variety). I'm not sure whether it's northern or midlands dialect.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              Hehehe, linguistic and dialect babble is my speciality (in three languages no less), so watch out! Just out of interest... does anyone else know what a cob is (not of the winged variety). I'm not sure whether it's northern or midlands dialect.
                              Well, speaking from my northerly perspective, if I went to the bakers especially to buy a cob and found they'd sold out, I'd probably have a right cob on...

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                                Well, speaking from my northerly perspective, if I went to the bakers especially to buy a cob and found they'd sold out, I'd probably have a right cob on...
                                That's good, then, that's what I thought. As you probably know by now, my dad is Lancastrian, I grew up in the Midlands and I go to uni on the south coast. I went into the little sandwich shop on campus a while back and asked for a bacon cob, and they looked at me like I was a loony!!
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X