Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lida
    I hope you two realize I'm now totally confused......now I have to learn Cockney? I barely can write in English, and I'm American!

As for Jaffa Cakes....I thought they were a joke, but my local grocery has started carrying them. Guess it's time to buy a package and try them. I'll let you know what I think.
    No, we've had jaffa cakes over here for as long as I remember, so I found it hilarious when they named the aliens "Jaffa". They're named after jaffa oranges.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      No, we've had jaffa cakes over here for as long as I remember, so I found it hilarious when they named the aliens "Jaffa". They're named after jaffa oranges.
      OK, now THAT makes sense.....I was wondering why they were named Jaffa Cakes, but I remember now they had orange flavor as an ingredient. Darn, now I really want to try one...guess I'll nag my hubby into going to the store to buy me a box. I'll blame you!
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

You're in Germany? Right?
        They're coming from the Aldi?
        Well then I just loveeeeeeee them, mmmmmmmm *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
          You're in Germany? Right?
          They're coming from the Aldi?
          Well then I just loveeeeeeee them, mmmmmmmm *sigh*
          No, I come from the UK, Liz. I used to live in Germany, and I lived in France too The Aldi version is a copy of the original "McVities" Jaffa Cake.

Comment

I'm going to test the shiny new spoiler tags with panache.

So for all those who caught Camelot, what did you think of the last 10 minutes?

For me, it was the
            Spoiler:
            scenes with Sam all alone watching the
            Spoiler:
            Ori fleet destroying the ships allied to defend the
            Spoiler:
            galaxy against invasion
            that really sold the episode for me. The rest was...well...less that enthusiasm-inducing.

How did you feel?

(P.S...I LOVE the new spoiler tags...)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

No, I come from the UK, Liz. I used to live in Germany, and I lived in France too The Aldi version is a copy of the original "McVities" Jaffa Cake.
              Ah... ok... *blushing like mad*
              They are called Jaffa Cake in the Aldi

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Dearest Jester of PA
                Your presence brightens our day.
                Your smile is so sunny
                Your posts, OH so funny
                From Samanda please don't ever stray.

And now your birthday has come
                (A wonder of wonders to some).
                If Amanda were here
                She'd wish you great cheer
                And offer you hugs and some rum.

But in her stead we all
                Shall have a great ball
                With smiles, drinks and laughter
                We'll remember long after
                Until in drunken stupors we fall.

And then the next morning,
                we'll remember the warning
                Of previous celebrations
                And earlier inebriations;
                The icepacks our heads now adorning.

Then we'll plan for next year
                For less alcohol and beer;
                but more chocolate and cake!
                We'll not again make THAT mistake.
                Unless Skydiver thus orders all here.

And then...well, we're all screwed, aren't we???

THE END.

Happy Birthday CG!!!
                Hiccup Comatose Regime!

Deepspace is still puzzling over the fact that in her head she managed to fit that entire poem into the tune of "The Owl and the Pussycat" .........

Very well written Über .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

I'd see Sam leaving (or punching him out!) if he tried to get physical. But I would see his 'domestic abuse' in terms of verbal abuse and manipulating her to do things she didn't want to do. And I do see him as trying to get away with as much of it as Sam would allow, especially if Sam had stopped buying/reacting to his poor wounded soul act and he felt it was the only way he had to try to control her since his passive agressive wheedling and cajoling and guilt trips weren't working anymore. MOHO is that it built up to a point where Sam couldn't ignore it or "excuse" it away anymore and realized what she was about to get herself into. (Hmmmm... now that would be an interesting scene to have watched in FC... a flashback to Sam dumping Jonas....)
                  I could see that too. The most manipulative b******s start out very "charming" as she said Jonas was, so it maay have taken her a little while to see through him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    You know TJ I used to have a housemate that did all that, I called her Mom
                    LOL. Lucky you. My mom made us do our own work.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      Excellent... Now, did you know, according to this website, that "Jaffa Cake" means mistake? Heh heh.

BTW, I've never had one of those. Are they any good?
                      Well, obviously they had never tasted one when they invented that rime
                      I tried to resist answering this but my willpower when it comes to Jaffa cakes is zero .They are simply delicious, no mistake about that
                      You can find tasty bits of info about them here http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A185104
                      And Happy Birthday Chopingal

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                        Ah... ok... *blushing like mad*
                        They are called Jaffa Cake in the Aldi
                        Yes, I know. Walmart (or Asda as it's actually called over here) has a version called Jaffa Cakes too. I'm just saying the original was McVities. I really like the Aldi version.

Comment

Yes, I know. Walmart (or Asda as it's actually called over here) has a version called Jaffa Cakes too. I'm just saying the original was McVities. I really like the Aldi version.
                          no way! McVities is the best. and just to prove that fate is cruel and god likes to tease me, Jaffa Cakes were my favourite cake in the guise of a biscuit. until! i developed an allergy to orange about 2 years ago. and all his talk about them is very upsetting to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            I know there was a Virtual Season 6 and I'm pretty sure I've seen a virtual season 9. And I think there was a Virtual Season 7-8 in which Janet wasn't killed. nfi on the links though
                            Thanks. I'll keep a look out. I'm tempted to start one myself.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Howdy campers!

I just wanted to throw a question out there to you guys.

I'm still looking at the Samandan wristband thing and I just wanted to know how many of you would be willing to pre-order them? The issue is that the run of bands will have to be paid for, so I'm wondering if we do a pre-purchase option to raise the initial cash to have them made.

What do you think?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                                Howdy campers!

I just wanted to throw a question out there to you guys.

I'm still looking at the Samandan wristband thing and I just wanted to know how many of you would be willing to pre-order them? The issue is that the run of bands will have to be paid for, so I'm wondering if we do a pre-purchase option to raise the initial cash to have them made.

What do you think?

I'm still up for it, Myrth

Comment

Working...
                                X