Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    LOL! The shipper penguins are not pets, but weapons of war against the boys at Bridge. There's a wee explanation at the top of this page.
    Thank you Bev! I was searching for their explaination but couldn't find it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Have you checked out Strix's site, she has a large list of Sam whumping fics on it
      GMTA Mandy. I just found Stix's link on her sig, and am reading her stories as we speak. Knife Edge of Madness almost made me cry.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        On the fanfic topic. Why do many authors write Sam as having suffered domestic abuse with Jonas & in other relationships? Sam says in First Commandment that Jonas "liked control" but I don't see that as necessarily meaning he hit her. I think it would have had to be more subtle than that for Sam to put up with it for any length of time. My view of Sam is that she'd have walked out the first time he hit her, but that she gave back the ring before he got to that stage. She may be a bit uncertain in her love life, but not to that point.
        I read a really good fic a while ago called 'Sam's Story: Before the SGC' which was basically backstory on what Sam did before CoTG. The Sam and Jonas relationship was done quite well imo, without ever resorting to the lame domestic abuse thing.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Laby...samstory1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          Are you betraying us ?
          Don't you see it's a trap ? The big penguinesque shippers' trap ! If, and I stress 'if', Jack and Sam are togoether, the writers will give us angst, loads of soapy angst ! Sam is working on the SGC, Jack is in Washington, how can they see each other ? Will they be able to ask Thor for some beaming kit ? Will the neighbours suspect anything when they're going to see little grey guys working on Sam's home basement ? What about the odd reports in tabloids ? "Scoop : a strange beam seen above a cabin in Northen Minnesota, the NID investigates"
          Do you want to be submitted to that ?
          Nah... The tabloids will never catch on ... I mean come on an entire multi-story building disappeared on a city block without damage being done to nearby buildings and worse yet no debris was left after said explosion... that must have been some explosion.

So a little blue light coming from a cabin in Minnesota shouldn't be too hard to explain away...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            Could you please identify yourself and the other shippers in this pic
            http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2237/penguin6ex.jpg
            well, i don't know about her, but:

Comment

WARNING
              You may need a drink to get you through the following post

Consider yourself warned

Ooooooh. It's 0013 here, and I believe we have a birthday girl.

She makes us smile every day,
              In her very special way,
              A nun of Samanda, an elder so wise,
              She's one of the best in everyone's eyes,
              She welcomes the new and stays loyal to old,
              The perfect Samandan, if truth be told,
              In so much abundance, she has talent and wit,
              But isn't above being a twit.
              "Hic Comitas Regit" means kindness reigns here,
              So as our Court Jester ages a year,
              Let us all say with joy and with glee
              A huge Happy Birthday, our beloved CG

Sorry, I promise I'll leave the poetry to you in the future, ChopinGal

It even made Amanda cringe!

Last edited by Tracy Jane; 14 March 2006, 03:52 PM.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                I read a really good fic a while ago called 'Sam's Story: Before the SGC' which was basically backstory on what Sam did before CoTG. The Sam and Jonas relationship was done quite well imo, without ever resorting to the lame domestic abuse thing.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Laby...samstory1.html
                i can kind of understand why people might have gotten that impression, (personally i'd say it maybe happened once, which is why she broke it off) because he hit her in that episode. but i'd say it was more the control thing than anything. if i had to guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  You know what? My guest told me to have fun with the Samandans and get some fic writing done.... I tried to protest, but she wouldn't have it! And she made me dinner, washed up and bought me wine! Slightly tipsy Tracy now!
                  Oh God! Close the bar! Run for your Lives! Oops, I'm not at Blue Jello am I? *sarwee*

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                    Nah... The tabloids will never catch on ... I mean come on an entire multi-story building disappeared on a city block without damage being done to nearby buildings and worse yet no debris was left after said explosion... that must have been some explosion.

So a little blue light coming from a cabin in Minnesota shouldn't be too hard to explain away...
                    What about the off the richter scale explosion from their first night together? Wouldn't that be newsworthy???

WHAT?!?? I'm just sayin'.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      Can I borrow your guest for a couple of days?
                      She'd love it, I reckon. Apparently she did the gutters of my friend Ellie's house and unblocked the toilet. I doubt she'd tackle my room for me though. She's currently doing French homework for me. *sigh* I need her round more often. She justified herself by saying she doesn't think I look after myself well enough and someone needs to take care of me. No complaints here.

And STTJ works, Mandy, but I'm happy with TJ.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                        Oh God! Close the bar! Run for your Lives! Oops, I'm not at Blue Jello am I? *sarwee*
                        Actually, given the birthday wish I wrote to CG, I think it's imperative that the bar remains open for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Actually, given the birthday wish I wrote to CG, I think it's imperative that the bar remains open for all.
                          No, the poem was very cute! Better than I would do!

Happy Birthday ChopinGal!
                          Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                            No, the poem was very cute! Better than I would do!

Happy Birthday ChopinGal!
                            Better than I would do too, but I'll give it a try

There once was CG from Nantucket

Ooops can't do that one it's a PG thread

So it's just a simple Happy Birthday ChopinGal
                            you're poetry is always awe inspiring
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Happy Birthday Dearest Jester.
                              *big hug*
                              I hope you have a really great day.
                              You're one of this thread's national treasures.
                              Much love from little Page.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                And I used think penguins were cute. Thanks for yanking me back from the precipice.

On the fanfic topic. Why do many authors write Sam as having suffered domestic abuse with Jonas & in other relationships? Sam says in First Commandment that Jonas "liked control" but I don't see that as necessarily meaning he hit her. I think it would have had to be more subtle than that for Sam to put up with it for any length of time. My view of Sam is that she'd have walked out the first time he hit her, but that she gave back the ring before he got to that stage. She may be a bit uncertain in her love life, but not to that point.
                                maybe because it's easy? easy like when pete is the horrible wife abusing stalker and sara is a witch and laira is cruel, etc, etc, etc

i do belive i've mentioned it in a fic or two, but it's along the line of the first time he hits her is the last
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X