Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Okay, Samanda.....I just couldn't take it. After I saw Camelot last night, I realized it needed an episode tag. I mean, I just couldn't leave Sam hanging there til July, could I?

Here's one Samandan's view of what happened next.

WARNING: Spoilers, spoilers everywhere!

Camelot Episode Tag:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2838721/1/
    Awesome read, sg-1fanintn! The way I'd love the writers to write!

Just sayin', loved it all the way!
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
      Awesome read, sg-1fanintn! The way I'd love the writers to write!

Just sayin', loved it all the way!
      It says story not found! Ya tease!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Really? I read it the other day and loved it. It was really well done.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hey mini, she reposted it the other day, that's probably why the original link is not working anymore. I also liked it very much, well done sg-1fanintn!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Fly-by post!

Thanks to those of you who e-mailed to comment on the Camelot Episode Tag story I uploaded last night. But when I read through it today, I wasn't satisfied, so I reworked it tonight.

Here's the link to the new story for anyone who wants it: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2840123/1/

I haven't changed that much.....just some rough spots I thought were created by haste and the fact that I had been up a long time when I wrote it. A little obsessive? Maybe. But I like it better now.

Hope to see you all tomorrow!

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
            Hey mini, she reposted it the other day, that's probably why the original link is not working anymore. I also liked it very much, well done sg-1fanintn!
            Well done, Dani! I completely forgot about that! I really ought to read the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              When Jack/RDA left, while I liked the concept of Sam leading SG-1 with Daniel and Teal'c, I never really wanted her to overshadow them in any respect. All three of them have played an important role over the years, and they deserve their time to shine.
              I agree. With Jack gone, the writers had the perfect opportunity to show the dynamics between the remaining three members of the team and how they would work together.

Even if Sam was the leader, she wouldn't dominate the show any more than Teal'c or Daniel would if they were in charge because each of the trio brings their own expertise, strengths and weaknesses to the group and, between them, they are more than well equipped to handle what is thrown at them. They could have showed Sam, Daniel and Teal'c's emotional ties as well as their work together and it would never have been a case of one of them being the star of the show.

Sadly, TPTB failed to take advantage of the golden opportunity they were handed and instead we had Season Nine.

I think that it would be possible, though perhaps difficult, to salvage the show for Season Ten but the real question is whether TPTB are willing to do so, and whether or not they recognize the need to.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Eeeee!! That means just ... one more week and it'll be done, right?! Then I can read it ALLLLL!!! I'm so excited!

mini(the impatient)geek
                yep, actually the last chapter is more of an epilogue and hopefully i'll be putting it up later on this week.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It looks like I'm gonna have to rely on the fanfics to get my Sam fix now that the season's over. Really, these fics really help me get past the several months we have to wait until the season premiere.
                  http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
                  Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchan2
                    It looks like I'm gonna have to rely on the fanfics to get my Sam fix now that the season's over. Really, these fics really help me get past the several months we have to wait until the season premiere.
                    I agree. There's only so many times you can rewatch old eps. But now that we have eight seasons on DVD to play with, it's not so bad!

Comment

Yeah, I'll probably plop down with a couple of the DVD sets and have a little SG1 marathon, but there are just some ideas of a story you might have cooking in your head and that's where the fics come into play. I, for one, like fics of alternate realities. One that I particularly enjoyed was 'The Crossroads of Eshu' by Melyanna. It's very Sam-centric.
                      Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Yeah, I'll probably plop down with a couple of the DVD sets and have a little SG1 marathon, but there are just some ideas of a story you might have cooking in your head and that's where the fics come into play. I, for one, like fics of alternate realities. One that I particularly enjoyed was 'The Crossroads of Eshu' by Melyanna. It's very Sam-centric.
                        Melyanna's a very good writer. She usually does Sparky fics, I think. I've never read one of her SG1 fics. I don't mind AU fics, they give a lot of scope and allow you to stray further from canon without it seeming surreal. But sometimes it can get really confusing, like in "Gone Underground", Lili's current Work In Progress. It's a good story, just very confusing with all the different realities.

Comment

I really enjoyed 'The Crossroads of Eshu' because it I could really imagine it being an episode or several. I know I've read some of Melyanna's Sparky fics, but this one really has stood out in my mind and is, I think, my favorite.

Comment

I really enjoyed 'The Crossroads of Eshu' because it I could really imagine it being an episode or several. I know I've read some of Melyanna's Sparky fics, but this one really has stood out in my mind and is, I think, my favorite.
                            I'll have to give it a go. Thanks for the rec.

Comment

No problem. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Comment

Okay, Samanda.....I just couldn't take it. After I saw Camelot last night, I realized it needed an episode tag. I mean, I just couldn't leave Sam hanging there til July, could I?

Here's one Samandan's view of what happened next.

WARNING: Spoilers, spoilers everywhere!

Camelot Episode Tag:
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2840123/1/
                                sg-1fanintn, LOVED the story. totally awesome. just reviewed, but thought I should give you a shout out here, too.

And Tracy Jane-Thanks for the Sam in space stills! I think I'm off to hone my icon making skills (i just totally started icon-making over my spring break and went a little crazy, making a bunch)-I'll be sure to share the results!
                                Last edited by LtColonelSamC; 13 March 2006, 02:29 PM. Reason: must've deleted something when i posted from the address-sorry y'all :)

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                                My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                                My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                                My Stargate Videos
                                It's meant to be!

Comment

Working...
                                X