Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    ...and we can't forget that Amanda had to lay on top of an ant hill during the filming of Death Knell. I seem to recall her saying that she recieved several ant bites in the process and PDL made a comment that she never mentioned that there were ants and she jokingly said that she didn't want to stop production or something like that.

WTG AT! What a trouper. ;D

Hopefully Vancouver ants aren't like the red ants we have here in Texas. The bites from a red ant can be wickedly painful.
    I can't see anyone staying still and laying on top of a red ant hill. We don't have them here in Ontario, but I don't know about BC?
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      I like this commentary too. I much prefer it when we hear about the behind the scenes of the episode than the off topic "humor" of PDL. I read in a piece posted on GW that Gary Jones was told to just show up and have a laugh when he does commentary--don't worry about the episode. To me that's a rip off. AT always gets things back to the episode & is entertaining as well. I think that would be the only thing to get me to buy any S9--if AT does commentary. But they probably wouldn't do that for individual episode sales. No way I'm buying a s9 boxed set.
      So I'm not the only one who was sadly disappointed in the commentary for Reckoning I through Moebius 2. These were some of the best episodes Sam wise, and I was really looking forward to getting some insight into what went on behind the scenes and instead I got the Gary Jones and PDL hour.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
        So you're beef is that the fics just end without a real solution or end to the whumping?
        Originally posted by Skydiver
        as to the comfort, y eah, it's no real fun to read 23 pages of explcit whump and then get 3 paragraphs of 'they lived happily ever after'

i like the comfort part too adn it's a vital part of a fic.
        Yeah. I hate it when there's no "warm fuzzy feel good" at the end. Kind of like S5's 2001. Sam fell through the gate, broke her shoulder, is obviously lying there in pain, and the guys just stand there looking at her like it's nothing. Bugs the heck out of me every time I watch it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
          Yeah. I hate it when there's no "warm fuzzy feel good" at the end. Kind of like S5's 2001. Sam fell through the gate, broke her shoulder, is obviously lying there in pain, and the guys just stand there looking at her like it's nothing. Bugs the heck out of me every time I watch it.
          Yea that bugged me too, you'd think after a fall like that (see earlier post with pic) they'd at least be more concerned not just stand there grinning about something else
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Hmmm... Excuse my denseness, but how did you gather that she was sick during the filming of this episode? Did someone mention it at one point or something?
            i don't have the ep, but i remember amanda seeming sick while filming part of the ep. it was only a small part (the hiding behind the earth bump sam-jack scene), but... okay, i don't have proof, just 'my' evidence that she was. she just looked it!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I have looked around for a while and found this thread. I thought it would be the perfect place for my first post.

Ever since I have started watching Stagate a few years ago, (I was too young to start watching at the beginning) I have loved Samantha Carter. She contiunes to be my favorite character and role model. I stive to be as smart, strong and talented as Carter. At times I contemplate joining the Air Force and persuing an Astrophysics career rather than going to college. I hope to the bottom of my heart that my future wife will have at least one-tenth the qualities of Samantha.
              After a little reflection I think I have also beocme a shipper. Sam's romances are always enjoyable sub plot, especially the Sam/Jack one.

Sam was my favorite character from the start and continues to be. Well, I'm going to pop in one of my DVD's now... I have a serious Stargate crave at the moment. I look forward to posting again!
              - FunkyRunky

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily

spoilers for s9's 'camelot'

Spoiler:
                I really found the scene with Sam all alone to be one of the most powerful moments of the episode. She was so *utterly* alone.. though she could see what's going on, all she could hear was silence.. and it must have seem very unreal to her.. to be so close and yet so removed.

Spoiler:
                i really, really hope that they go somewhere with that scene, because i agree, it was very powerful.

i just hope it's not glossed over, like she was out there just for the 'ooh, pretty!' scenario instead of it 'meaning' something. did that make sense?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRunky
                  I have looked around for a while and found this thread. I thought it would be the perfect place for my first post.

Ever since I have started watching Stagate a few years ago, (I was too young to start watching at the beginning) I have loved Samantha Carter. She contiunes to be my favorite character and role model. I stive to be as smart, strong and talented as Carter. At times I contemplate joining the Air Force and persuing an Astrophysics career rather than going to college. I hope to the bottom of my heart that my future wife will have at least one-tenth the qualities of Samantha.
                  After a little reflection I think I have also beocme a shipper. Sam's romances are always enjoyable sub plot, especially the Sam/Jack one.

Sam was my favorite character from the start and continues to be. Well, I'm going to pop in one of my DVD's now... I have a serious Stargate crave at the moment. I look forward to posting again!
                  welcome to the thread. i'm sure we're all happy that you made this your first post. and your name rocks.

Comment

CAPTION TIME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                      It bugs me too.

The only explanation that makes any sense to me is that maybe Jack didn't want to give Kinsey ammunition to use against them, to imply that they were too close, and Daniel and Teal'c picked up on this and followed his lead.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                        Sally here is another pic from Into The Fire that is not so blurry

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...AT/ITFSam5.jpg
                        ooh, thanks!

saves photo to hard drive

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRunky

Welcome to the thread FR, I hope you enjoy posting here and have fun , just remember when reading the names that jafacakes are not edible
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            It bugs me too.

The only explanation that makes any sense to me is that maybe Jack didn't want to give Kinsey ammunition to use against them, to imply that they were too close, and Daniel and Teal'c picked up on this and followed his lead.
                            umm, actually, it was the end of the taping day and would have taken aobut an hour to set up them kneeling down and the boys wanted to go home so....they just stood there
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Eeeeeeew! Just teasing Sal.

(((jckfan)))

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                umm, actually, it was the end of the taping day and would have taken aobut an hour to set up them kneeling down and the boys wanted to go home so....they just stood there
                                Yea, but it just looked so wrong
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X