• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    One more chapter of Trinkets up

http://www.jackfic.com/emeraldcity/t.../trinkets8.htm

this one set s8 and spoilers for Threads
    It was fab Sky, really enjoyed it.... but where was the little trinket? I've got used to that at the end!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

well, it was more the personal touch
      Spoiler:

There was no way to really work a gift into this one. a ring woulda been too soon, they didn't have time to shop and, well i think them getting together was enough of a trinket.

wait for the next one, there's definitely a gift in it
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        I agree about the leadership style misleading people into thinking she didn't do much leading. she definitely did some great team leading, but she's subtle and respectful of her team, and so accustomed to them by this point.

and as for covenant, the dvd audio commentary is really fantastic for this one.
        Spoiler:

martin wood and amanda tapping do the commentary, and for the scene you mentioned with sam in the skirt and the car, they talk about how amanda gave martin some very specific directions for how to shoot her getting into the car . its very funny.

another gem in this one is during one of the scenes in colsons building, where its a really long oner, where the steadycam operator starts at one end of the building on a crane, and then steps off the crane to continue the shot. amanda teases martin about it, saying that he ripped it off from the opening shot of her episode, in which much the same thing happens, just going from outside to inside.

its very good. i love how these two get on so well. makes for some great material for the show, both behind the scenes and in the episodes.

DEM and stargate barbie, you both bring up great points! I never thought of it really like you described it DEM, but that is exactly the difference between Sam's leadership and Jack (and, to some extent, Cameron's). It very well could be perceived as a "gender" thing, because Elizabeth and Teyla are kinda that in different ways, imo, but I'd like to think that it has more to do with Sam's character than her being a woman.

Nevertheless, the easygoing, unassuming relationship Sam has with Daniel and Teal'c is indicative of the years they all have been together, so it's less necessary for her to demand anything of them, considering they were ALL equals under Jack's command for so long. *sniff* I love(d) the relationship those three have (had), and I hope to see some kind of growth in Season Ten. We got snippets here and there this season, but not nearly enough.

And stargate barbie, I noticed those moments too! Martin Wood has always been my favorite director to do commentaries and behind the scenes stuff. He's the perfect mix of the wit and humor that everyone on the cast has, yet he's great at providing the useful, little-known facts about what goes into directing an episode.

Plus, like you said, he and AT are pretty funny (in a class way, if you know what I mean) when they do commentaries.

Hey! You know when AT did that interview with GW, and she said that she'd watched "Grace Under Pressure" with David Hewlett and someone else (I thought it was either Brad Wright or Martin Wood)? Do you think it was possible that they were doing audio commentary for the S2 DVDs? That'd be sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Oh, don't go there. (shudders)
          Seriously. *gags*

I just don't know what I'd do if that happened.

and sky! don't change your capless ways too much! it's a staple of this thread! i think it's neat.

Comment

Hey! You know when AT did that interview with GW, and she said that she'd watched "Grace Under Pressure" with David Hewlett and someone else (I thought it was either Brad Wright or Martin Wood)? Do you think it was possible that they were doing audio commentary for the S2 DVDs? That'd be sweet!
            if that were so, then i would totally buy that dvd. i'm not that into atlantis in general though. i'll buy the box set when its on sale probably, but only if there are commentaries.

and on the issue of sams style of leadership. i think its a case of each member of the team being so familiar with each other, both personally and professionally. sam knows that she doesn't have to dish out orders like o'neill did in the early seasons. even jacks style changed after a few years when the team got used to each other and he didn't have to tell daniel not to run off anymore. he still gave out orders, but only as a formality.

with sam, i think she knew when to give out the orders and when to let everyone do their thing. and in my opinion she did it well.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Seriously. *gags*

I just don't know what I'd do if that happened.

and sky! don't change your capless ways too much! it's a staple of this thread! i think it's neat.
              ya know, with all this chat about caps, i'm suddenly becoming very aware of my lack of them in my own posts. its actually starting to bother me. i don't want to change, not using caps saves me valuable nano seconds on my typing/posting time.

sky, don't ever change! your fine just the way you are and don't let them bully you into doing something that you don't want to do! big bullies.

Comment

Huggles.
                You're sweet!

The habit is too ingrained to totally quit

And folks, don't forget, find and nominate your favorite fic

http://www.stargatefanawards.com/

sigpic

Comment

well, it was more the personal touch
                  Spoiler:

There was no way to really work a gift into this one. a ring woulda been too soon, they didn't have time to shop and, well i think them getting together was enough of a trinket.

wait for the next one, there's definitely a gift in it
                  SQUEEEEEEE! Sorry, but I am completely addicted to this fic. It's so much fun to try and work out what the ending will be.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    ya know, with all this chat about caps, i'm suddenly becoming very aware of my lack of them in my own posts. its actually starting to bother me. i don't want to change, not using caps saves me valuable nano seconds on my typing/posting time.

sky, don't ever change! your fine just the way you are and don't let them bully you into doing something that you don't want to do! big bullies.
                    i say you start an advocacy group.

the association of capless posters for the prevention of time-consuming posts

acpptcp (pronounced ack'up'tu'cup)

i assure you that as long as you belong to this union, no one can badger you into using the shift key, if you don't want to do so. we offer you our protection. we even have a secret handshake and everything.

Comment

i prefer to keep my shiftless ways

sigpic

Comment

i prefer to keep my shiftless ways
                        isn't that meant to by "shifty" ways, Sky?

Comment

i say you start an advocacy group.

the association of capless posters for the prevention of time-consuming posts

acpptcp (pronounced ack'up'tu'cup)

i assure you that as long as you belong to this union, no one can badger you into using the shift key, if you don't want to do so. we offer you our protection. we even have a secret handshake and everything.
                          I'm In! ah crud. did i fail the entrance exam?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            isn't that meant to by "shifty" ways, Sky?
                            pbbbbttttttt

sigpic

Comment

i'm currently reading the episode thread for 'camelot', and i can't believe how BORING it is. not just post after post, but page after page of nothing but talking about space ships. yes, our 'new' audience is a great addition...

k, back to reading about 'camelot'. god help me

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

For those of us using the shift key, I have formed our own advocacy group:
                                the Shift Key,Yes Definitely In Very Enthusiastic Responses Group

Or the SKYDIVER Group
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X