Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i think that emotional whump is just as valid

just don't skip the comfort part. that's usually my bigest beef with whump fic

a) poorly rsearched whump (ie killing the character)
    b) lack of comfort
    No character death in mine....

So you're beef is that the fics just end without a real solution or end to the whumping?

Comment

my beef is....jack carrying sam for 10 miles with his broken clavical. or severing an artery off world and hiking back to the gate without bleeding to death

or sam getting surgery and being up and about an hour later, things like that

there are sites and people to ask, if you're gonna whump, please do it right and don't kill them in the process

as to the comfort, y eah, it's no real fun to read 23 pages of explcit whump and then get 3 paragraphs of 'they lived happily ever after'

i like the comfort part too adn it's a vital part of a fic.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

my beef is....jack carrying sam for 10 miles with his broken clavical. or severing an artery off world and hiking back to the gate without bleeding to death

or sam getting surgery and being up and about an hour later, things like that

there are sites and people to ask, if you're gonna whump, please do it right and don't kill them in the process

as to the comfort, y eah, it's no real fun to read 23 pages of explcit whump and then get 3 paragraphs of 'they lived happily ever after'

i like the comfort part too adn it's a vital part of a fic.
        yeah I understand what you mean. I'll search out these other groups... thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          Thanks NC, I don't know how I let that glaring error get by me
          but you forgot one of calculations

Editor's note: sorry I don't have any fancy program to do this on
          LOL, no, just NC spending way too much time playing around on the computer.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            So no matter which dimension we're talking about, it's clear that Samantha Carter is essential to SG1 in Season 10.
            Yup, yup, yup. Sam has always been essential to SG1 and as far as I'm concerned always will be. Go Sam

sig by starlover1990

Comment

stargate barbie! Thanks for mentioning the commentary for Covenant. I learned something very important. The scene in the F-302 hangar
              Spoiler:
              post-flight has always bugged me because something about Carter looked really weird. Very disorienting. Now I know why! MW used a trick reverse shot.
              Ah, satisfaction.

Comment

Ok (see Sky, this is how we use caps ) in last night's episode Camelot, I thought AT did a wonderful job just with her expressions. One thing that did bother me though was
                Spoiler:
                when Sam was free floating in space, don't those suits have some sort of jet packs that they use to manouever in space
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I love the thought about the
                  Spoiler:
                  girl and the sword. i knew from the time the fight started that she would pull it out, but i had hoped she would be the one to win and not cam. at least daniel did. loved the sam/asguard scenes, absolutly wonderful. I didn't really like the plot, not particuarly catching until the end, but AT did a great job saving the feel. daniel would have done better, but he was always stuck with [adj deleted] mitchell. teal'c's position is great, and will be wonderful in the s10 premere. sam position really leaves room for some great ff, i can't believe they didn't show her expression once! hello, intergalatic hero floating aimlessly in space next to worst thing this galaxy has ever seen, watching the first real battle of the worst war we've ever faced, completely powerless, not knowing what's going on. man, i NEED ff. i was waiting that entire time to see sam's expression, but no, nothing.

So anyone else think Vala is carring "Arthur"?
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Ok (see Sky, this is how we use caps ) in last night's episode Camelot, I thought AT did a wonderful job just with her expressions. One thing that did bother me though was
                    Spoiler:
                    when Sam was free floating in space, don't those suits have some sort of jet packs that they use to manouever in space
                    I Cap When I Want To.

I honestly just get lazy when i'm posting here. I make so many typos that i have to go back and fix that doing the caps just slows me down more

i will try to be better though.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                      I love the thought about the
                      Spoiler:

So anyone else think Vala is carring "Arthur"?
                      Spoiler:
                      most likley morgain. Isn't vala's sprog supposed to be a she? and i dobut we can have arthurette. since it's presumed that she's carrying a child of the Ori, then the child she carries should be evil, not good

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Yes, I do believe they do have
                        Spoiler:
                        maneuvering jets, however, WHERE would she go? How would she know which ship was safe and which was the next to be targeted by the Ori. Leaving her on the ring was the best thing for her, but it was agony for me to watch. And yes, as usual AT was fantastic!
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Spoiler:
                          most likley morgain. Isn't vala's sprog supposed to be a she? and i dobut we can have arthurette. since it's presumed that she's carrying a child of the Ori, then the child she carries should be evil, not good
                          yeah, i know the story. but its funner to think
                          Spoiler:
                          it's arthur. i think sam should get pregnant from that shock that went along the gate--that's waht happened to vala right?
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Ummm. I don't think so, though.
                            Spoiler:
                            According to the season 10 spoilers they already have a name. Can't be bothered to go look it up. Sorry. Begins with A. Something like Adeira or something random like that
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                              yeah, i know the story. but its funner to think
                              Spoiler:
                              it's arthur. i think sam should get pregnant from that shock that went along the gate--that's waht happened to vala right?
                              Oh, don't go there. (shudders)

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                                Yes, I do believe they do have
                                Spoiler:
                                maneuvering jets, however, WHERE would she go? How would she know which ship was safe and which was the next to be targeted by the Ori. Leaving her on the ring was the best thing for her, but it was agony for me to watch. And yes, as usual AT was fantastic!
                                Spoiler:
                                Yes I agree it was agony, but she could have manoevered back to the gate and try to fiddle with it, or move away from the gate far enough so she could be beamed aboard one of the ships Oh yea and did Daniel have to shoot the control crystal to get rid of the black knight

What I really found funny was
                                Spoiler:
                                was finding out that the asgard beam also works as a dry cleaner! Darn those Asgard are handy to have around
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X