Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Skydiver?!!?? CAPS?!!??!?? Wow. That's stunning. Like first sign of the apocalypse stunning (good 'un, Strix). Like SAMANDAN NATIONAL HOLIDAY stunning!!!!

*ooooh, me has a harebrained silly idea (I know, what else is new?)*

Welcome to the 1st National Samandan
    caP iT! Day!!!!!!!!!!

To celebrate the momentous occasion of Skydiver locating the SHIFT key, the rule of the day is random capping...or capitalizing of your words. Unless your posts contain Sam or Amanda screen caps (another form of capping). Just CAP something, FCOL.
    StIlL WOrkIng mY waY ThrOuGh tHe thRED - WOw sKy uSiNG CAPS -

So I'm a bit late to the PARTY - but I did have to wORk today - only 2 more pages and I will be caught up with the day -

So what do you say??? Are you game for some Samandan!Silliness???

LeT THe aBSurDiTY beGIn, HaVE fUn wiTh YoUr PoSTs ToDay...aND caP iT! IN stYLe!!!!!
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      StIlL WOrkIng mY waY ThrOuGh tHe thRED - WOw sKy uSiNG CAPS -

So I'm a bit late to the PARTY - but I did have to wORk today - only 2 more pages and I will be caught up with the day -

So what do you say??? Are you game for some Samandan!Silliness???

LeT THe aBSurDiTY beGIn, HaVE fUn wiTh YoUr PoSTs ToDay...aND caP iT! IN stYLe!!!!!
      Oh yes.

We came.

We saw.

We teased Skydiver.

We fUnNy caPped.

We called it a day.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        Extra Vehicular Activity (see, caps again)
        Well, DUH, so that's what Eva means! Here I thought it meant that AT was doing her Eva character from The Void since she was
        Spoiler:
        marooned in the void with the kawoosh for entertainment
        Ya learn somethin' every day.

BTW, I've never watched such an anti-climactic climax before ...
        Spoiler:
        and if the leader's daughter gets to pull the sword out of the stone, why doesn't she get to USE IT instead of throwing it to macho male, Cam?! Huh, huh?! And did Merlin dry clean Cam's uniform after his muddy fight? He sure looked laundered when he got back to the library with Daniel. And Rob Cooper "doesn't know what to do with Sam Carter for S10." I'm not surprised now that I've seen how he left her literally hanging at the end of S9!

So, let's see ... we learned that
        Spoiler:
        the Orii have big honkin' spaceships and, if we watched SA's finale, we know that the Wraith are also heading straight for Earth too
        So you suppose the two shall meet and that's how some cross-over episodes will take place?!

Something came, and something went; I think all credibility has been spent. And on that note, I say good night. Praise be to the Orii, S9 is over!!
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 11 March 2006, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Oh yes.

We came.

We saw.

We teased Skydiver.

We fUnNy caPped.

We called it a day.
          WelL yOu maY HAve caLLeD iT a dAy buT I hAVe nOT bEeN oN VerY lONg aNd I wAnT tO PLaY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
            They tried to make the end super-dramatic, but it came off as a joke to me. I didn't care.
            I started laughing when they went into slow motion. Still, the last few minutes were worth watching. But not the whole ep twice... especially not after that OMG jaw-dropping episode of BSG.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              I started laughing when they went into slow motion. Still, the last few minutes were worth watching. But not the whole ep twice... especially not after that OMG jaw-dropping episode of BSG.
              No kidding about BSG. That was amazing like the whole time. The only thing I really cared about with SG-1 was that last 20 minutes with Sam doing that Carter thing she does.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                atlantis kicked bootie!!!!

sg1....filled time
                Succinct but well said. And BSG blew them both out of the water!

So, having viewed SG1 and SA, do we now see
                Spoiler:
                the potential for the Orii and Wraith to collide with each other on their mission to destroy Earth? And the need for both Weir and Landry to collaborate defensively and, hence, the cross-over episodes?!

Comment

Can I say it again???

MAN the last 10 minutes made the episode. The rest was...meh.

Spoiler:
                  Supergate!Sam
                  FTW.

Comment

No kidding about BSG. That was amazing like the whole time. The only thing I really cared about with SG-1 was that last 20 minutes with Sam doing that Carter thing she does.
                    Yep, back to that important phrase "cared about" which, sadly, was lacking for many of us in S9. The last 20 minutes were the best and I wished Sam could have done more, but it was great to see her in her element.

BSG rules for now though. Could those writers go play golf with the SG1 writers?!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Yep, back to that important phrase "cared about" which, sadly, was lacking for many of us in S9. The last 20 minutes were the best and I wished Sam could have done more, but it was great to see her in her element.

BSG rules for now though. Could those writers go play golf with the SG1 writers?!
                      Only if by that you mean the SG1 writers using the BSG writers as golf balls and hitting them through the gate! (Not a BSG fan)
                      Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        i know. it's depressing.

i've thought about this recently, and the only eps i'm going to rewatch when rerun hell starts are:

-give a pass on 'the fourth horseman pt2'-
                        'collarteral damage'
                        -give a pass on 'ripple effect'-
                        'stronghold'
                        'ethon'
                        (maybe) 'off the grid'
                        'the scourge' (my fave ep so far)
                        'arthur's mantle'
                        -give a pass on 'crusade'-
                        haven't seen 'camelot' yet, so i don't know

i hope with all my heart that sam's written as a LEAD character next season, and that the sam/jack angle is not only visited again, but resolved in a PRO/happy way.

sally
                        Sally.....you must watch Ex Deus Machina again!!!!! That was the best ship ep of the season (such as it was). And Beachhead was a little shippy too.

By the way, just got through watchin Camelot. I was underwhelmed.....but I do feel a fic coming on.....an episode tag. Later, Samandans!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Somethin' came, and somethin' went; I think all credibility has been spent. And on that note, I say good night. Praise be to the Orii, S9 is over!!

Did any of you guys notice Bruce Woloshyn's cameo in tonight's episode

Comment

spoilers for s9's 'camelot' did i spell that name right?

Spoiler:

starting off with my sam stuff --

sam wasn't in it much!

one moment of sam taking charge.

but the stuff with the asgard dude... that was weird. and i mean because, to me, it sounded like amanda's parts were dubbed 'by' her. maybe she was sick and they had to redo her dialog?

sam gets stuck out there in space, watching all this fighting going on. that was the only part that grabbed me, but that's because i love sam and was excited to see her *really* part of this story.

the rest --

mitchell was likable enough, if i could actually like him the way i want to. even when he's not being a pain, i find i'm having problems forgetting what he really means to this show 'and' sam's place.

i expected vala a LOT more. so good that she only appeared at the end. well, good for me.

daniel was very daniel tonight. i like him when he's like this. not fightersoldierdaniel, but the thinker/scholar. he actually gave me some laughs tonight, and i really needed that.

teal'c. well, what they gave him to do is nice. he is one brave sob, i'll give him that.

the al...something alliance bore me, basically. just a bunch of thugs.

the fight/show down at the end was pretty good. they really did kick our butts.

i hope the russian guy isn't dead. come on, let ONE guest character survive!

on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being best, i give it a 6, and that's *only* because of sam.

i'm glad season 9 is over.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Can I say it again???

MAN the last 10 minutes made the episode. The rest was...meh.

Spoiler:
                              Supergate!Sam
                              FTW.

what's 'ftw' mean?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                Sally.....you must watch Ex Deus Machina again!!!!! That was the best ship ep of the season (such as it was). And Beachhead was a little shippy too.

By the way, just got through watchin Camelot. I was underwhelmed.....but I do feel a fic coming on.....an episode tag. Later, Samandans!
                                oh, hon, i was talking about just the last 10 eps that i think they'll rerun.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X