X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Well there is a scene in Farscape
    Spoiler:
    where John and D'Argo are stuck floating in space...if I remember correctly, they're seeing a battle going on...maybe that?

Or maybe BSG when Lee
    Spoiler:
    was floating about watching the attack on the Resurrection ship...

I was think about the farscape scene as well. Yes I know I haven't seen the episode, but that's the picture I had in my mind when I read everyone's discussion about the episode... honest.

Comment

yep, based on one or the other

Spoiler:
      which are likely both - at least the bsg one - based on ensign george gay, a pilot in the battle of midway who was shot down and witnessed the whole battle from a front row seat. one little man floating in an ocean while the beheamoths of the world battled all around him
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Well, I'm chatting to one or two of the Weir fans who reckon that Camelot was tonnes better than Allies and was an "OMG how fantastic" episode. Standards must be low in camp, if what Ooober is saying is true.
        Personally Allies makes me want to come back for more. Camelot makes me miss old stargate when I cared when everyone was blowing up.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I know it's off topic, but there is finally silence in my room! The only sound is the stream of slightly chatty drunks in the street! There's no screaming, no loud techno music, and I can now, if I so wish, watch my Stargate DVDs without Subtitles. However, I am going to do no such thing. I'm going to wrap up warm in my bed and sleep. Goodnight all and sweet Samandan dreams.

As it is last night of the season, I am going to leave the bar open
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Camelot question, with major spoilers:

Spoiler:
            Was it just me or did it appear that the Oddesy was destroyed. And seriously, I can't spell Oddesy tonight, must be all the cold meds I'm taking.

But, it seemed to me that it was destroyed at the end. Which would Kvasir's appearance, instead of Thor make more sense to me. I was so hoping for Thor. (I know, it's a puppet. Still...) But if the ship with the Asgard on it was blown up, it's good it wasn't him.

It would also be why none of SG1 was on the ship at the end.

All in all, I actually liked the episode. I think it fell in with my theory on how to like Season 9: Hate the episode before, and the next one is bound to be better.

The King Arthur stuff was a little cheesy BUT-we got a girl who took the sword out of the stone! And much as I love Monty Python, the episode wasn't channeling that movie, for me, so much as an old episode of Dr. Who. So I was okay with it.

Teal'c was awesome. From his line to Mitchell about his overconfidence, to going out to get assistance.

I was pleased that Daniel had quite a bit to do. I like Daniel almost as much as Sam.

And Sam dangling in space watching the destruction of Earth's and her allies' ships? Incredible. Just some awesome acting there.

And if I'm right about the Odessy being blown up-that makes me very happy. I hate the damn ships.

All in all, I was surprisingly pleased. I kept trying to fast forward through the commercials-so that says something.

Someone now please, help me spell Odessy correctly!

Comment

Odyssey? is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by starprops
                My birthday is August 12th...
                I'm not far away from you... I'm an August 3rd girl.
                Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Wow look at all of us Leo's, Aug 21st here (1 week before Amanda's)
                Wow lots of August B-days - mine is August 4th.

- It's the first time I've had time to get on all day - so pardon me as I get caught up on the thread and posts.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

atlantis kicked bootie!!!!

sg1....filled time

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    Odyssey? is that it?
                    Thank you! Dang Alka Seltzer plus, makes my mind all gooey.

Comment

Well, I'm chatting to one or two of the Weir fans who reckon that Camelot was tonnes better than Allies and was an "OMG how fantastic" episode. Standards must be low in camp, if what Ooober is saying is true.
                      Really. I thought Allies was fantastic. 10 times better than Camelot.

I have to say I agree with whoever said they were glad S9 is over. At least I don't have to sit and watch and wait for the zing to happen for at least 3 months.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        oh, and bonus points if folks can figure what they are homaging...and what real life situation the homage is based on

Okay still working on getting caught up in thread - know I did not watch the show regularly and I'm still getting caught up with watching it on DVD's but didn't Farscape have an episode were a couple of the characters ended up
                        Spoiler:
                        in space watching a battle
                        of course BSG has done it as well this season.

Real life didn't that happen to a pilot during WWII - history is not my strongest area but I seem to remember reading that some where

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Okay still working on getting caught up in thread - know I did not watch the show regularly and I'm still getting caught up with watching it on DVD's but didn't Farscape have an episode were a couple of the characters ended up
                          Spoiler:

Real life didn't that happen to a pilot during WWII - history is not my strongest area but I seem to remember reading that some where
                          tsax! I used the same two examples... LOL

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:

yes, ensign george gay. fighterpilot that crashed into the ocean in the battle of midway. he watched the whole thing floating in the water, then was rescued to tell his tale

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Julia!

Comment

Happy Birthday Julia!
                                i echo that. many happy returns Julia

sigpic

Comment