Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    We were talking at one point about convention questions for AT. I wonder what she would think about the fact that she's referred to as one of the "Big 3" by die hard fans of the original team? (such as me)
    I think she'd blush and giggle nervously.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Seeing as I'm skipping debating tonight, I've decided to do a British Parliamentary style summary of the who should lead thread. It won't be my normal posting style, but the written equivalent of a 7 minute speech, with any luck, fully constructed with debating features etc. Hopefully the power of your arguments summarised and packed together will bring certain members down.

Unfortunately, I've not been regularly following, just dipping in and out, so I'd really appreciate it if the regulars could send me bullet points of both the pro and anti sides for me to work with as I don't have enough time to sift through 68 pages of it.

Thanks!!!
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Good point--but didn't MS write this or at least the story the final script was based on? It's likely he saw this as a Daniel episode. I wonder how the episode would have gone as a "Sam episode?"
        yeah, he did write it. I guess it kind of makes sense that its a Daniel ep, he is good at talking to people, but I always pictured it as Sam (maybe that's because we're SAmandans?). She's really good at that stuff (not that Daniel isn't). I think AT did great in that ep--as and actor and a director--especially considering she had barely anytime to prepare and it was the last ep to film of the season.

P.S thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! I ran out of green!
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

happy birthday PR!!

Comment

I have managed to get to the site only a coupla times this week. Not really had the chance to post much but there are some interesting comments and insights being posted!!

Comment

hi never hear of this magazine called impact march edition doe anyone have this magazine of amanda tapping interview

where i can get it
              i am from northern ireland
              from your friend mary-clare mcdade

Comment

For those of you who can see the SG1 episode tonight, I see it's AT's directing debut "Resurrection." Some nice Sam-Barrett interaction for all you Barrett fans. I don't see him as a love interest for her, but I do like their interactions.
                Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Yea I always thought he would have been (S/J shippers don't read)a better love interestthan Pete
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Sam and Barrett. *giggle* Not my main ship by any means, but will definitely have to watch this ep again.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Cute tsaxlady...eeeeeeeeeeevil woman that you are.

If I weren't so keen on Sam/Jack, I guess I could see her with someone like Barrett. But the thing is, the one thing I did like about her relationship with Pete was that he had a corny sense of humor and I think she needs that in her life. Barrett seems a bit too serious for my taste.

Which is one of the things that I like about Sam/Jack...he rounds off more of her serious edges and lightens her up.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

If I weren't so keen on Sam/Jack, I guess I could see her with someone like Barrett. But the thing is, the one thing I did like about her relationship with Pete was that he had a corny sense of humor and I think she needs that in her life. Barrett seems a bit too serious for my taste.

Which is one of the things that I like about Sam/Jack...he rounds off more of her serious edges and lightens her up.
                      What EVIL who me?!?!

I just like to have fun with my Shippy friends -

Okay a bit off topic here - RL has been crazy the last few weeks and is going to get crazier before I head out to the Vancouver Con - I have been trying to keep caught up with reading the thread but my posting time is pretty low currently - I should be working on lesson plans currently but I needed to take a break.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Sorry, PR, I forgot to wish you happy birthday. Many happy returns.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Saw it was someones B-Day so Happy B-Day ParadoxRealities
                          Enjoy this special day

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Yes tssaxlady you are eeeevil, I was scrolling down the page and almost needed a splash guard for my computer and keyboard put a don't drink tea warning next time
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              What EVIL who me?!?!

I just like to have fun with my Shippy friends -

Okay a bit off topic here - RL has been crazy the last few weeks and is going to get crazier before I head out to the Vancouver Con - I have been trying to keep caught up with reading the thread but my posting time is pretty low currently - I should be working on lesson plans currently but I needed to take a break.
                              Hey...you love Sam and that more than makes up for your bizarre non-shippy ways...

I like to have fun with my non/other shippy friends...you play with us, we'll play with you. We just hope you can take the heat...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                                Has anyone seen the March edition of Impact magazine which is apparently a UK publication that came out on February 23 and has an interview with AT? Thanks.

it is a martial arts magazine. I will try and thumb through it tomorrow in lunchtime!!

Comment

Working...
                                X