Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starprops
    I was thinking the same things as I watched "Heros" 2 last night... ..Except your words were more articulate and eloquent then mine ever would be...
    yeah. sam and amanda do a lot to bring the human feelings and emotion into the show.

the folks that i used to work with, called her the 'chick with the anime eyes' because they're so expressive
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      yeah. sam and amanda do a lot to bring the human feelings and emotion into the show.

the folks that i used to work with, called her the 'chick with the anime eyes' because they're so expressive
      Heehee! Very cute!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        That was a very powerful epsode, however I like to believe it didn't happen and Janet is still with us, (well that's in my world anyway)

And they have been able to replace her with any real satisfaction
        I was at a convention the summer the eighth season was showing - Amanda was asked to comment on the new doctors in the 8th season - she said they were good actors but nobody could replace Teryl, then she got a little bit choked up and hurridly went on to the next question...

Comment

yeah, they were the tiny little estrogen bubbles in a sea of testosterone

i miss janet. no matter who they try to recast, they will never adequately replace that character
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            yeah, they were the tiny little estrogen bubbles in a sea of testosterone

i miss janet. no matter who they try to recast, they will never adequately replace that character
            They can't. And I think they have enough respect for her that they haven't even tried to yet. Even Lam isn't depicted as a replacement, she's so different. Plus, it seems to me that Amanda and Teryl became great friends, and Amanda seems to feel things quite deeply, so I wouldn't be surprised if she still really misses her at work. I really think that's a big reason so many people like and respect Amanda so much; her gift is that she seems to really let herself care about people and she's probably a wonderful friend to have because of that. Teryl seems a great deal like that, too. That's just my own uneducated psycho-babble, of course, but I'd wager on it even so.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Happy Birthday Paradox Realities !

Comment

Originally Posted by Mandysg1
                That was a very powerful epsode, however I like to believe it didn't happen and Janet is still with us, (well that's in my world anyway) And they have been able to replace her with any real satisfaction
                Originally posted by starprops
                I was at a convention the summer the eighth season was showing - Amanda was asked to comment on the new doctors in the 8th season - she said they were good actors but nobody could replace Teryl, then she got a little bit choked up and hurridly went on to the next question...
                Ooops I made a typo I mean't to say they haven't been able to replace her with any real satisfaction.

Edit: maybe I should stay away from the Royal Bar
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  They can't. And I think they have enough respect for her that they haven't even tried to yet. Even Lam isn't depicted as a replacement, she's so different. Plus, it seems to me that Amanda and Teryl became great friends, and Amanda seems to feel things quite deeply, so I wouldn't be surprised if she still really misses her at work. I really think that's a big reason so many people like and respect Amanda so much; her gift is that she seems to really let herself care about people and she's probably a wonderful friend to have because of that. Teryl seems a great deal like that, too. That's just my own uneducated psycho-babble, of course, but I'd wager on it even so.
                  They really need to find a way to get her back IMHO. I mean Daniel's died so many times I've lost count and it is scifi after all...

btw oh miniature geeksterette...I reprinted your instructions so how long do I have to come up with some brill masterpiece for the thing?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Yay!
                    Happy Birthday,
                    ParadoxRealities!

And Many More!!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      They really need to find a way to get her back IMHO. I mean Daniel's died so many times I've lost count and it is scifi after all...

btw oh miniature geeksterette...I reprinted your instructions so how long do I have to come up with some brill masterpiece for the thing?
                      Ooober or Mini can you please post the instructions for the masterpiece for the rest of us who can't seem to find them?

Big thanks,
                      Kat

Comment

For those of you who can see the SG1 episode tonight, I see it's AT's directing debut "Resurrection." Some nice Sam-Barrett interaction for all you Barrett fans. I don't see him as a love interest for her, but I do like their interactions.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          For those of you who can see the SG1 episode tonight, I see it's AT's directing debut "Resurrection." Some nice Sam-Barrett interaction for all you Barrett fans. I don't see him as a love interest for her, but I do like their interactions.
                          There were parts of Resurrection I liked and artistically it was very well presented (I'll credit the director for her choices in this regard).

And I get from a time constraint issue that Sam would not play as big a part as she should.

But storyline-wise, it would have made sense for Sam to have spent more time with the girl. I mean who else would understand what it's like to feel that other personality burgeoning in her mind?

And I did like the Sam/Barrett interactions. Poor guy.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            Yea I always thought he would have been (S/J shippers don't read)a better love interestthan Pete
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              There were parts of Resurrection I liked and artistically it was very well presented (I'll credit the director for her choices in this regard).

And I get from a time constraint issue that Sam would not play as big a part as she should.

But storyline-wise, it would have made sense for Sam to have spent more time with the girl. I mean who else would understand what it's like to feel that other personality burgeoning in her mind?

And I did like the Sam/Barrett interactions. Poor guy.
                              Good point--but didn't MS write this or at least the story the final script was based on? It's likely he saw this as a Daniel episode. I wonder how the episode would have gone as a "Sam episode?"

Comment

We were talking at one point about convention questions for AT. I wonder what she would think about the fact that she's referred to as one of the "Big 3" by die hard fans of the original team? (such as me)

Comment

Working...
                                X