• Show
Clear All

that's the motto for the writers....plot holes are us

season 9 is just 'holier' than usual
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wowser147
      The character of Samantha Carter changed much in Season 9 in my opinion. She's funnier... and more outgoing. Not saying it's bad. Just different. In crusade, she seems to say Kawoosh for the first time in the whole series. The old Carter would say unstable vortex or something like that. I guess it's outgoing and wild Mitchell. Just.. different.. what do you think?
      She is older, more confident.....and she's very comfortable in her relationship with Jack! So, she has relaxed a lot!

In other words:

+ = (Always)

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
        Oma-ism nudge:

If any one moment in time is merely an entropic state in a reversible equation, can the fish ever truly be in the pond?
        Too deep for my feeble brain.....but I like the sound of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Hello Samanda, time for another motivational poster ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...stencegeo3.jpg

LOL!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
            To NearlyCircular and the rest of you wonderful people, thank you for your outpouring of love and support, and for your birthday wishes. My mom is deteriorating, and I'm on my way back to hospital now. However, after reading my PM's, I had to thank you all. You have no idea how much your messages have helped.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I don't know what else to say. This past few weeks has been so very hard for my family and myself, but I believe the end is very near. Knowing that there are people you have never met, praying for you and your loved one, is an amazing feeling.

Hic Comitas Regit
            I hope you're doing ok Lida. Very tough times for you, I know. But I hope you're looking after yourself too.
            Take care, and I hope your birthday was reletively stress free.
            Know that we're thinking of you.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Has anyone seen the March edition of Impact magazine which is apparently a UK publication that came out on February 23 and has an interview with AT? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                Deepspace - I'm keeping a spreadsheet so the email with the subject-line will help me keep track of it. If you can email it to [email protected] - it'd be easier to keep track of. If not, of course you can PM me. PM me any time.
                It's just that I actually can't email you because I don't have an email address . If I can PM you that would mean that I could still be a part of the signature poster and not have to miss out. So thankyou . I will get to work on writing something.
                I am sorry if it makes it hard for you to organise though. I hate causing things to be difficult.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

A few flying comments before bed...

Thanks for all the nice remarks about the debate on the "Who Should Lead" thread. I enjoy written debate when I have the time; I just hope I didn't jump in and step on Ooober's or Spaz's toes... if I did, I'm sorry.

Critical acclaim of science fiction/fantasy - if you watch SciFi's made for TV movies, you will understand why "scifi" continues to have a bad rep with most critics. It's an image that persists and will continue to persist as long as the genre is associated with such drek. I still laugh at the mere mention of "Frankenfish." Imagine the horror of a serious critic.

Frankenfishly, I thought it was nothing short of a miracle that Return of the King won the best picture Oscar given that it was a "fantasy" film. But then the LOTR books started an entire genre of book publishing, so there is power in Professor Tolkien's stories. Who knows, maybe the LOTR movies brought/will bring a measure of respectability to science fiction and fantasy films, too, and, by extension, TV shows. But you'll also notice that none of the actors in LOTR received any Oscar acting nods. I don't think mainstream Hollywood is ready to acknowledge that it takes talent to act in front of a bluescreen and imaginary monsters...

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Hello Samanda, time for another motivational poster ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...stencegeo3.jpg
                    That was just too funny. I got a great laugh out of it. Thanks!
                    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                    Hic Comitas Regit
                    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

Thanks for all the nice remarks about the debate on the "Who Should Lead" thread. I enjoy written debate when I have the time; I just hope I didn't jump in and step on Ooober's or Spaz's toes... if I did, I'm sorry.

Critical acclaim of science fiction/fantasy - if you watch SciFi's made for TV movies, you will understand why "scifi" continues to have a bad rep with most critics. It's an image that persists and will continue to persist as long as the genre is associated with such drek. I still laugh at the mere mention of "Frankenfish." Imagine the horror of a serious critic.

Frankenfishly, I thought it was nothing short of a miracle that Return of the King won the best picture Oscar given that it was a "fantasy" film. But then the LOTR books started an entire genre of book publishing, so there is power in Professor Tolkien's stories. Who knows, maybe the LOTR movies brought/will bring a measure of respectability to science fiction and fantasy films, too, and, by extension, TV shows. But you'll also notice that none of the actors in LOTR received any Oscar acting nods. I don't think mainstream Hollywood is ready to acknowledge that it takes talent to act in front of a bluescreen and imaginary monsters...
                      I felt no pangs in my little piggies...all are intact */me wiggles toes to confirm*

I think we're pretty much on the same page here actually.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                        I personally think it's her daughter Olivia.

The joy of discovery of a whole new world that Olivia's been experiencing this past year, along with achievements that's been happening has Amanda proud.

So AT has incorporated this into the way she's playing Sam.

But, then again, ir could be what stargate barbie said and she's chosen to play it this year.

YMMV
                        more than anything we can think up for 'sam's' reasons, i think it's just the way amanda's chosen to play sam. really, there isn't much *for* amanda to do with sam this season, since they're ignoring her last two years character growth. i think the only thing amanda 'can' do is make the most of it and play her a bit lighter and more self assured.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          She is older, more confident.....and she's very comfortable in her relationship with Jack! So, she has relaxed a lot!

In other words:

+ = (Always)

she's 'getting some', who wouldn't be more relaxed?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                            Has anyone seen the March edition of Impact magazine which is apparently a UK publication that came out on February 23 and has an interview with AT? Thanks.
                            what kind of magazine is this, bink? i tried looking it up, but all i could find is some fitness magazine from canada.

btw, where did you hear about this?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

You're great at putting together clear and concise arguments, Strix. There are no toes to step on when you're debating logically.

(Plus, I think the whole thing's on its last leg anyway )

Comment

Hi, I just wanted to go on here to say I'm sorry I haven't been on (I know it gets so busy, I don't know if people noticed, but anyway...) but I have had a lot of really stressful things going on (that I don't want to get into), so it's been hard to get on here. Just wanted to drop a line to say I'm still around and hopefully I will be able to come back on a regular basis after I get stuff straightened out, but for now I'm probably gonna be gone for a bit. I hate to do that after I was already gone from this thread for a while, but it is the other threads too.

And I do want to say all of you are awesome people, and thank you for being so nice and making my day better many times.
                                Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                                Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X