Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers for s5 and s7

i was thinking of the academy awards and amanda. if *any* acting role that was great was eligible to be nominated (tv, tv movies, etc), here's what i think amanda could be nominated for, stargate wise.

first choice, season 5's 'entity'. and i'd focus on the scene where the sam/entity was in the bed, and jack was taunting it with 'we'll send many probes to your planet', etc. what amanda did in that scene with her facial expressions... she was screaming, without uttering a word.

my second choice would be season 7's 'heroes 2'. the scene i'd focus on is when sam came to jack's room and ended up breaking down. again, her facial expression said it all. you *knew* she was thinking about losing janet, but at the same time thanking god that jack was still there. sorrow and relief, all in one look.

and on that scene, did you notice that the focus was on *sam*, not jack/rda? that was definitely sam's (amanda's) scene.

so, everyone, which ep/performance of amanda's (as sam) would you pick to be nominated for an academy award?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      spoilers for s5 and s7

i was thinking of the academy awards and amanda. if *any* acting role that was great was eligible to be nominated (tv, tv movies, etc), here's what i think amanda could be nominated for, stargate wise.

first choice, season 5's 'entity'. and i'd focus on the scene where the sam/entity was in the bed, and jack was taunting it with 'we'll send many probes to your planet', etc. what amanda did in that scene with her facial expressions... she was screaming, without uttering a word.

my second choice would be season 7's 'heroes 2'. the scene i'd focus on is when sam came to jack's room and ended up breaking down. again, her facial expression said it all. you *knew* she was thinking about losing janet, but at the same time thanking god that jack was still there. sorrow and relief, all in one look.

and on that scene, did you notice that the focus was on *sam*, not jack/rda? that was definitely sam's (amanda's) scene.

so, everyone, which ep/performance of amanda's (as sam) would you pick to be nominated for an academy award?

sally
      I'd have to go with Singularity, the elevator ride where Sam broke down, then stopped the elevator and went back down. That was a scene to end all scenes.
      Last edited by Mandysg1; 07 March 2006, 03:47 PM.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        I'd have to go with Solitudes, the elevator ride where Sam broke down, then stopped the elevator and went back down. That was a scene to end all scenes.
        Umm... I think you mean singularity, because that's the episode and scene I would have chosen too.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Umm... I think you mean singularity, because that's the episode and scene I would have chosen too.
          Ooops you're right I meant Singularity
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
            Yeah me too!
            yeah, i love how he gets the jaffa to swing the tree more, as if to imply that it was way too easy and he wanted to show off just how good she was.

and her reaction was so a case of, hehe, see, look what the girl can do.

Comment

I'd have to go with Singularity, the elevator ride where Sam broke down, then stopped the elevator and went back down. That was a scene to end all scenes.
              I love that episode! That is what I would choose as well!
              Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                I love that episode! That is what I would choose as well!
                For best actor? Gotta be Moebius, baby. All the way.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Well Moebius would be for best comedy performance
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ah yes... Geek Sam is amazing. But that scene in Singularity breaks me every time. It would have to be that. Or maybe something from Point of View.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      oh yeah!

and also, damn you all once again. i read two posts! two! and now i'm back in the stupid who should lead debate. i have another 1000 words to write for my assignment and i can't do it! damn my curiosity! i've stayed away so long, i've been so good.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                        Thank you Yes you use the IMG tags. You can upload them to your photobucket if you like, or simply use the locations from my photobucket inside the tags. (right-click on the smilie and select "copy image location" to get the addy).

I did a Jolinar too:
                        Would you consider doing one for Cassie and another for Jacob? Those are woefully missing!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          oh yeah!

and also, damn you all once again. i read two posts! two! and now i'm back in the stupid who should lead debate. i have another 1000 words to write for my assignment and i can't do it! damn my curiosity! i've stayed away so long, i've been so good.
                          Oh yea about that essay, I haven't gotten word back yet from my peeps, but will let you know when I do
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            These are such great fun, tsaxlady! I sure hope that you are keeping a file of the pics (and your caps) somewhere... these would all make a great collection to post somewhere like the AT Fan Club website, or at amandatapping.com or... maybe Uber's website if it's up and going? At any rate, it would be cool to have it posted somewhere so that it doesn't just get lost amongst the thread posts.
                            I know I'm several days late.....but Astro, this is an excellent idea! These Sam highlights from each season would be great where we could easily revist them!

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            The Dream

I had a dream, said Sam
                            Extricating herself from a jam
                            Of wires and sensors designed to test
                            Sam's innermost desires while at rest

I am in command of SG1
                            Jack is gone and there is none
                            So well qualified to walk in his shoes
                            Than I, myself, the one he did choose
                            And Elaine, this poem and the others, as usual, are great!!!!!

Comment

Oh yea about that essay, I haven't gotten word back yet from my peeps, but will let you know when I do
                              but i need it for 12 noon tomorrow! actually today

doesn't matter i'm totally screwed. can't find the info i need. hopefull i'll get a referral so that i can do better. i just can't focus lately. ah shazbot.

Comment

Sorry, but I still haven't started my translation and it's legal German. Bah! Well, at least mine isn't assessed. I'm just going to bed and I'll consider doing it tomorrow. Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X