• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    speaking of messing with time....

spoilers for s8's 'moebius'
    Spoiler:
    does anyone think the end of 'moebius', where sam and jack saw the fish in his pond and jack responded 'close enough'... does anyone think the ptb will use this to actually, really, honestly tweak past events to use in their 'new and improved' show? and i mean *really*?

and this does relate to sam (sam/orlin from 'ascension? and sam/martouf from 'ripple effect') - recreating the truth?

sally
    Sally don't you dare give them any ideas
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      Is it finished? She's on my alert list, but I hadn't realized that story was finished yet. I am very leery of WIPs.
      It is finished - everything but the epilogue, which wasn't originally going to be part of the story anyway. She decided to write it after folks reviewed and begged her for one. But yes, the story is done, otherwise. Barring that single final chapter. I don't like reading WIPs either, so I waited for this one too.

I agree with you, Denise, I prefer work all in one piece. I wish ff.net had a means to do that. One a story is marked complete, it'd be nice to see an option to "view printable version" or something. Wonder if they take suggestions?!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        It is finished - everything but the epilogue, which wasn't originally going to be part of the story anyway. She decided to write it after folks reviewed and begged her for one. But yes, the story is done, otherwise. Barring that single final chapter. I don't like reading WIPs either, so I waited for this one too.

I agree with you, Denise, I prefer work all in one piece. I wish ff.net had a means to do that. One a story is marked complete, it'd be nice to see an option to "view printable version" or something. Wonder if they take suggestions?!
        Which site is best for posting then?
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ok this is OT, but I just saw Kawalsky on 24
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            BTW, 2010 tonight ... just have to say it's one of my all-time favorites. What a joy to watch the entire original ensemble really getting it right! The plot, the costumes (terrific fashions on the gals especially), and Amanda doing such marvelous work with her arc. Wow! Compare this one episode to the entire S9 and it still comes out ahead IMHO!

Great way to end the Monday night eppies.
            I really like this episode. And I love how they follow it up with 2001.

It's funny you mention the fashions. They really showed how insidious the control of the Aschen really was. In ten short years the entire world, it seemed, were suddenly dressing like the Aschen. Everything everyone wore was gray, or some other very subdued color. Even Teal'c came to Earth in gray robes. I thought that was a great visual cue for how much control they really had.

Such a great episode.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

Oh that would be awesome. Sometimes I print stories out-if because I'm going to be spending a lot of time at medical appointments, or just because I'm having pain that day and would be more comfortable not in my computer chair. Having a printable version would be so much quicker.

I will most certainly put that story on my reading list. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

sorry for the ot, but i need someone here with wonderful photo skills. contact me for the details. and i mean *wonderful* skills!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  does anyone think the end of 'moebius', where sam and jack saw the fish in his pond and jack responded 'close enough'... does anyone think the ptb will use this to actually, really, honestly tweak past events to use in their 'new and improved' show? and i mean *really*?

and this does relate to sam (sam/orlin from 'ascension? and sam/martouf from 'ripple effect') - recreating the truth?

sally
                  It's certainly how I explain everything they've done in S9 and how they've strayed from established character traits and SGC protocols and SG1 team strengths......
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

spread this far adn wide kids, we don't have much time

Hello all,
                    Seeing as in just a little more than two weeks (16 days to be exact)
                    Olivia B is going to have her very 1st birthday, I thought it might be
                    nice to send her, Amanda and Alan greetings on the occasion.
                    This time, however, I would like to do something different than what we
                    normally have done - which was put together greetings on a page within
                    AmandaTapping.Com and send it to Amanda. This time, I'd like to do a
                    page in jpeg format (graphics file[s]) with our collective wishes in
                    several sentences at the top (if you have poetry at heart and would
                    to write a poem for Olivia's first birthday, I'd love that) and -
                    that's
                    most important now - scanned signatures of yours and short info from
                    you
                    on where you are in the world (also handwritten).

-------------
                    For example (all handwritten, make it written in black ink on white
                    background):
                    Joan Smith
                    Los Angeles, CA, USA
                    --------------

Note: if you do not wish to reveal your full name, you are most welcome
                    to use just your online nickname. I can promise you full anonymity -
                    your name will not go to anyone else than Amanda if you so wish.

All you'd need to do later with it would be to scan it, or
                    alternatively
                    take a picture of it with a digital camera, and send it to me. I will
                    put these together onto one or several graphics files and send it to
                    her. I think this would make your greetings *far* more personal, this
                    being your handwriting, than anything typed into a computer would, and
                    also very important: it would be less time-consuming and overwhelming
                    to
                    Amanda to read these rather than dozens of individual messages.

Also, once that is done, I have another idea for the site: basing on
                    your signatures/locations I might create a large map of Amanda fans for
                    the website - an interactive page so you could see where the largest
                    bunches of Amanda fans are in the world.

If you think this is a good idea and want to ahead with this, please
                    send your scanned/photographed images to [email protected]
                    with "MY SIGNATURE" in the subject line. Also, please specify in the
                    mail to me whether or not you would like to be included in the
                    interactive Amanda-fans map to be placed shortly after at
                    AmandaTapping.Com.

One more - very important - thing. I am not going to place this type of
                    announcement at my site for one very important reason: this is supposed
                    to be a surprise to her and so I can't put that on what is *her*
                    website
                    (I will only send it to the members of the site. That is why I would
                    like to you to send it on to as many lists/friends that you have. I am
                    on a few, and will forward it there - but obviously I would like to
                    reach as many fans as I can, so please send it to where I can't. Thank
                    you very much.

Kamil
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

sally

Nooooo!

Actually what you're saying makes perfect sense. And that's just sad.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        NC I love those pics that keep changing on your sig.
                        Thank you, and thanks to Dani76 and ChevronSeven who told us where to find a host for rotating sigs.

NC

Comment

Wow, I was just about to send my second shout out to the lists about the other signature thing for Gabit - now I'm wondering if it'll look like I'm copying Kamil? D'oh Oh well. Then again, maybe it would be easier for folks if they could scan in both greetings at the same time... Actually I think so. Rather than post my note on friday, I think I'll tag it behind Kamil's and maybe people might find it easier to get two scans into their computer at once!

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          spread this far adn wide kids, we don't have much time

Hello all,
                          Seeing as in just a little more than two weeks (16 days to be exact)
                          Olivia B is going to have her very 1st birthday, I thought it might be
                          nice to send her, Amanda and Alan greetings on the occasion.
                          This time, however, I would like to do something different than what we
                          normally have done - which was put together greetings on a page within
                          AmandaTapping.Com and send it to Amanda. This time, I'd like to do a
                          page in jpeg format (graphics file[s]) with our collective wishes in
                          several sentences at the top (if you have poetry at heart and would
                          to write a poem for Olivia's first birthday, I'd love that) and -
                          that's
                          most important now - scanned signatures of yours and short info from
                          you
                          on where you are in the world (also handwritten).

-------------
                          For example (all handwritten, make it written in black ink on white
                          background):
                          Joan Smith
                          Los Angeles, CA, USA
                          --------------

Note: if you do not wish to reveal your full name, you are most welcome
                          to use just your online nickname. I can promise you full anonymity -
                          your name will not go to anyone else than Amanda if you so wish.

All you'd need to do later with it would be to scan it, or
                          alternatively
                          take a picture of it with a digital camera, and send it to me. I will
                          put these together onto one or several graphics files and send it to
                          her. I think this would make your greetings *far* more personal, this
                          being your handwriting, than anything typed into a computer would, and
                          also very important: it would be less time-consuming and overwhelming
                          to
                          Amanda to read these rather than dozens of individual messages.

Also, once that is done, I have another idea for the site: basing on
                          your signatures/locations I might create a large map of Amanda fans for
                          the website - an interactive page so you could see where the largest
                          bunches of Amanda fans are in the world.

If you think this is a good idea and want to ahead with this, please
                          send your scanned/photographed images to [email protected]
                          with "MY SIGNATURE" in the subject line. Also, please specify in the
                          mail to me whether or not you would like to be included in the
                          interactive Amanda-fans map to be placed shortly after at
                          AmandaTapping.Com.

One more - very important - thing. I am not going to place this type of
                          announcement at my site for one very important reason: this is supposed
                          to be a surprise to her and so I can't put that on what is *her*
                          website
                          (I will only send it to the members of the site. That is why I would
                          like to you to send it on to as many lists/friends that you have. I am
                          on a few, and will forward it there - but obviously I would like to
                          reach as many fans as I can, so please send it to where I can't. Thank
                          you very much.

Kamil
                          Last edited by minigeek; 07 March 2006, 05:55 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Spoiler:

sally
                            I had not thought of it until you posted it. But
                            Spoiler:
                            it would certainly explain those scenes. I don't like the explanation because as much as I hate those scenes, I'd rather think of them as slips and lame attempts at humor. If they try to justify them with an explanation, it would be the salt in the wound.
                            I can't believe I have not heard that theory before. I don't like it, but a good deduction, Sally.
                            sigpic
                            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                              I had not thought of it until you posted it. But
                              Spoiler:
                              it would certainly explain those scenes. I don't like the explanation because as much as I hate those scenes, I'd rather think of them as slips and lame attempts at humor. If they try to justify them with an explanation, it would be the salt in the wound.
                              I can't believe I have not heard that theory before. I don't like it, but a good deduction, Sally.
                              You probably haven't heard of it, because if they actually used it it would mean that they had an intelligent idea and given this season we know they don't have those
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                I think a few of us are quietly doing our WIPs right now.

BTW, 2010 tonight ... just have to say it's one of my all-time favorites. What a joy to watch the entire original ensemble really getting it right! The plot, the costumes (terrific fashions on the gals especially), and Amanda doing such marvelous work with her arc. Wow! Compare this one episode to the entire S9 and it still comes out ahead IMHO!

Great way to end the Monday night eppies.

Include me in with those working on a fanfic. I promised the last one I did I would be finished writing all the chapters and just editing before posting the first chapter. It's a Sam Whumping Fic. My very first so I may come back to ask a few questions and get everyone's input.

I agree 2010 is one of my favorite episodes as is 1969 (I love this time travel story). Of course the shipper in me loves WoO (it's also funny). I was a happy camper last night watching ALL the episodes on SciFi.

Comment

Working...
                                X