No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I didn't have to break into the Royal Liquor cabinet for last night's Crusade, because it put me to sleep on it's own, no alcohol required.
    (Sorry but as RFA I have to stir it up once in a while )

Spoiler:
    It could just be, because the whole show was about Vala and other characters we don't know. I know they have to give us a back story, but it was just soooo BORING!
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
      Deejay435 pretty much captured my feelings. Oceans of 'meh.' Shanks wasted. Sam's and Teal'c's reactions the best thing in the episode, especially Teal'c's "Darth Vader?" The Ori
      Spoiler:
      are coming
      and I'm finding myself hard-pressed to care.
      Yeah, I totally agree...
      Spoiler:
      I really liked Teal'cs reaction when Vala was talking about the people of the Ori believing in Origin since birth and seeing us as evil. I think he could truly understand what it is like to be raised to believe you were nothing but a vessel to serve the gods. He watched thousands of his own people die serving a false god and he fought for years trying to change their minds about the Gou'ald. I think he, most of all, understands what is going on in the Ori galaxy and what SG1/The Tauri and the galaxy are up against. The thing that kept the Gou'ald from completely taking over was the fact that the System Lords fought amongst themselves. The Ori, on the other hand, are unified. They stand together as a whole not as separate entities. Their army is huge, with only one purpose and that is to destroy all those who do not bow to the Ori and accept Origin and they are willing to give their own lifes for that cause. I think CJ did a wonderful job in that scene.
      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 04 March 2006, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Sam's character is coming back to what it was before the end of the season 8. She is great at what she does and you can believe her as a leader. I am even starting to find that cam is starting to grow into his own character. However, I do believe that Sam is the stronger leader. He is a hot head and is more likely to get them killed than anything at this time. He needs to grow into what he is doing and time will tell. Personally I would like to see Sam's character grow and show the nay sayers what she has. I also think her character would be strong if they had her and jack together. then she could have her family and someone at home who could protect her kids and be with to talk to. I think it would make her character stronger. She could still be soldier Sam and balance marriage, family, and career. many military families have to do that. I don't care what those anti Sam/jack people think their chemistry is great and it does make sense.

Comment

Well for what it's worth here is my $.02 worth on Crusade.
          Spoiler:
          First it looked to me like this seasons version of a clip show. Lots of information little to no action. I did like Vala much more in this episode we saw more of the serious Vala that we strted to see glimpses of in "The Powers That Be". There were a few nice exchanges between Vala and Sam, Teal'c and Mitchell. Although I did think there were a few nice moments it was just to much talk and not enough action for my taste.
          You could tell it was a new director for this episode, directed by Robert Cooper, you can tell he likes close-ups.

One of my favorite things was Sam saying KAWOOSH
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer
            Sam's character is coming back to what it was before the end of the season 8. She is great at what she does and you can believe her as a leader. I am even starting to find that cam is starting to grow into his own character. However, I do believe that Sam is the stronger leader. He is a hot head and is more likely to get them killed than anything at this time. He needs to grow into what he is doing and time will tell. Personally I would like to see Sam's character grow and show the nay sayers what she has. I also think her character would be strong if they had her and jack together. then she could have her family and someone at home who could protect her kids and be with to talk to. I think it would make her character stronger. She could still be soldier Sam and balance marriage, family, and career. many military families have to do that. I don't care what those anti Sam/jack people think their chemistry is great and it does make sense.
            Although I am a Sam/Jack shipper, Amanda has said on numerous occasions that Sam won't get pregnant on the show. She says that Sam would leave the SGC because family would come first. Sam wouldn't want her kids to risk losing their mum like she did.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Although I am a Sam/Jack shipper, Amanda has said on numerous occasions that Sam won't get pregnant on the show. She says that Sam would leave the SGC because family would come first. Sam wouldn't want her kids to risk losing their mum like she did.
              You make a very good point there TJ
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i think she also said she was deathly afraid what the writers would do with the baby.....kind like the situation we have now. I think she'd rather have sam be celibate on the show than risk sam being the mother of the spawn of satan
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  i think she also said she was deathly afraid what the writers would do with the baby.....kind like the situation we have now. I think she'd rather have sam be celibate on the show than risk sam being the mother of the spawn of satan
                  Funny you should say that Sky. I had this horrible, horrible dream where it turned out all the spoilers we had been fed were horribly misleading, and it wasn't Vala, it was Sam who was pregnant, and Vala was the only woman in the known universe with the power to stop it.

I'm so glad they can't do that to us........ can they?

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Well for what it's worth here is my $.02 worth on Crusade.
                    Spoiler:
                    First it looked to me like this seasons version of a clip show. Lots of information little to no action. I did like Vala much more in this episode we saw more of the serious Vala that we strted to see glimpses of in "The Powers That Be". There were a few nice exchanges between Vala and Sam, Teal'c and Mitchell. Although I did think there were a few nice moments it was just to much talk and not enough action for my taste.
                    You could tell it was a new director for this episode, directed by Robert Cooper, you can tell he likes close-ups.

One of my favorite things was Sam saying KAWOOSH
                    Hee. That was great. Has anyone ever said KAWOOSH on the show before?

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                      Hee. That was great. Has anyone ever said KAWOOSH on the show before?
                      LOL, that scene with Sam was too funny. I think it's great she would call it a Kawoosh and the fact that she just assumed Mitchell and Vala knew what she was talking about as if it was obvious.

I don't think I've heard anyone else on the show call it a Kawoosh.

Comment

Could that bit have been a insider reference to a DVD commentary? I seem to recall a back-and-forth when one of the commentators said 'kawoosh', but can't remember who the participants were.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Congrats Kat...

You just passed Oooooooberese 101. Now you're certified for that subject (or, probably more appropriately, certifiable).
                          Sorry, I just thought that I'd inform you that this was Ooober's 1,500th post in Samanda! Wow! And I thought I spouted a lot of nonsense in here!

Comment

Sorry, I just thought that I'd inform you that this was Ooober's 1,500th post in Samanda! Wow! And I thought I spouted a lot of nonsense in here!

Congats Oooooberthis deserves a drink, mosey on up to bar and I'll even let TJ dip into the bucket just for you
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              Congats Oooooberthis deserves a drink, mosey on up to bar and I'll even let TJ dip into the bucket just for you
                              Hi five to my partner in Samandan crime!

Comment

Okay Sally since GW has been acting up today I spent some time working on caps from Arthur's Mantle you can find them here
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X