Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani76
    Samanda on page 2?
    Since there was talk of a 'Royal Scientist' (keep those posts coming Simhavaktra ) and in honor of all the scientists on Samanda:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...6/Wonder-1.jpg
    That is so cool! I love science, but I don't hold a candle to Sam's intelligence. I just like to watch the Discovery channel

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Well, since the list seems to be a bit slow today, I'll share my LJ Sam icons with you all. I'm learning photoshop, so tips, hints, and criticisms from all you amazingly talented folks would be appreciated.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y293/gunhilda/Icons/
    I love those! My faves are the Friends one (Sam and Janet) and "One of those days". Good work!

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
    I know some people will hate me jsut for asking this, but is there anyone in the "who should be the leader of SG-1?" debate that's just about ready to give up. Its not even a debate anymore, and its driving me insane!!!
    [erases rant] you can PM me (probably should) so this thread doesn't get freakishly and annoyingly OT.

Well, I think if there was one leader, it should be Sam. She has the same rank as Cam, but was there first and has had to go through more as an SG-1 team member, so I think she should have top priority. However, as Cam is the same rank as Sam, if they share leadership duties, that is fine with me. As long as they are sharing, and Sam doesn't get the short end of the team leader stick.

Originally posted by SamFan31
    Captions?

Sam: The filter co-efficient has to be adaptive. There ya go. Notice the slight variance in the output. Notice it. Come on! Notice it!

Sam: Strix is right. This is like hammering mud!
    Oh, I love that scene
    Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
    Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Congrats Kat...

You just passed Oooooooberese 101. Now you're certified for that subject (or, probably more appropriately, certifiable).
      I think the worrying part in my case was that I didn't even REALISE that some people might not understand. What does that say about me!?!
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Fic Rec! Well actually it's a Teal'c fic, but we all love Teal'c here dont we? And it does have some subtle Sam/Teal'c friendship
        Something Sweet, by minnow.
        At the age of 106, Teal’c discovers one of the unexpected limits of tretonin when he gets his first cavity.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Fic Rec! Well actually it's a Teal'c fic, but we all love Teal'c here dont we? And it does have some subtle Sam/Teal'c friendship
          Something Sweet, by minnow.
          At the age of 106, Teal’c discovers one of the unexpected limits of tretonin when he gets his first cavity.
          I loved that My mom used to take my sis and me out for ice cream when we had dental work. Again with the sugar

Comment

lol

thanks. it was kinda fun to write them angry. pissy sam can be a lot of fun to write...and sadly enough, easier than smooshy gooshy sam :-/
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              lol

thanks. it was kinda fun to write them angry. pissy sam can be a lot of fun to write...and sadly enough, easier than smooshy gooshy sam :-/
              That's because there is no such thing as a smooshy gooshy Sam! At least... not that she'd ever show anyone.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                That's because there is no such thing as a smooshy gooshy Sam! At least... not that she'd ever show anyone.
                Of course there is. Just show her the latest model motorbike, or the latest tech gadget and she turns into a pile of goo

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Of course there is. Just show her the latest model motorbike, or the latest tech gadget and she turns into a pile of goo
                  Mention nutrinos, or wormhole physics, and she falls to pieces

Comment

Originally posted by Carson's girl
                    Mention nutrinos, or wormhole physics, and she falls to pieces
                    How much do you want to bet that she has a ton of those nerdy t-shirts in her closets too (the kind that I own, I mean)? You know, the ones with the periodic tables on them and "2+2=5 for extremely large values of 2". Gotta love the nerds!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Hey, we fell off the first page! (give the thread a kick)

OK, that should do it.

And to remain "on thread", I've never thought of Sam as a nerd, as much as I like them. I've always viewed Sam as a woman with a brilliant mind, the ability to remain calm in any situation, but also possessing great empathy for the plight of others. She is extremely loyal to her friends and is not afraid to show her emotions. In addition, she never flaunts her intelligence, like some other characters (which works for them), and she never capitalizes on her beauty. Guess that's why she is my favorite female character in the SG franchise and always will be.
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        Hey, we fell off the first page! (give the thread a kick)

OK, that should do it.

And to remain "on thread", I've never thought of Sam as a nerd, as much as I like them. I've always viewed Sam as a woman with a brilliant mind, the ability to remain calm in any situation, but also possessing great empathy for the plight of others. She is extremely loyal to her friends and is not afraid to show her emotions. In addition, she never flaunts her intelligence, like some other characters (which works for them), and she never capitalizes on her beauty. Guess that's why she is my favorite female character in the SG franchise and always will be.
                        ::eyes water:: well said. But I do think she's a nerd (mostly because I want her to be like me), but only when she's in her lab...alone. She's a nerd-in-hiding.
                        ///
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                          How much do you want to bet that she has a ton of those nerdy t-shirts in her closets too (the kind that I own, I mean)? You know, the ones with the periodic tables on them and "2+2=5 for extremely large values of 2". Gotta love the nerds!
                          Yes! Ha ha, I used to have a shirt that had this nerdy cartoon guy in a lab coat on it, and it said "Science never sucks. It can push, it can pull, but it will never ever suck." Which is not true in the literal sense, but as for figurative meaning, it's true

Comment

yeah, I have the "And God Said [insert Maxwell's Equations] and There Was Light"
                            sigpic
                            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              I think that Grace was the manifestation of Sam's less sophisticated side, meaning the part of her that looks at things and sees them at their simplest and most innocent. Grace provided a tiny spark, like from the poem she recited, that helped Sam's mind formulate a new strategy.

She needed that part of her to communicate that she was going about her rescue the wrong way and her mind knew the answer was in there somewhere...but was in such a foggy haze from the concussion and her frustration at not being able to fix this, the solution just wouldn't come to the surface. So Grace was there...that part of her mind that looked at things a little differently, allowing her to consider alternate possibilities.

What do you think? Am I close?
                              I think you're right.

I happened to catch an old Twilight Zone the other day. In it, a woman is visited by a young girl who seems to know her, but that she doesn't know. The young girl keeps insisting "you know who I am" and brings up things from the woman's childhood that she's forgotten. She also sings "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to which the woman says "my mother used to sing that to me". The child turns out to be a manifestation of the woman's mind of herself as a child when a traumatic event (the murder of her mother) took place, which she witnessed but then blocked out of her memory. The child appears after the woman sees the man who committed the murder(and he sees her), so basically the child is her subconcious, helping her to remember what she needs to do to save herself.

Given the similarities to Grace and the fact that the writers love to do homages to old movies/sci fi shows, I would say with 98% certainty that Grace is Sam as a child.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                A Royal List of the Scribes of Samanda

This select club welcomes any citizen who has written and published at least one Samfic online. To date, the following are Royal Members of the Scribes of Samanda:

Madam President, MajorSam
                                Madam Vice-President, MajorSal
                                Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist
                                Census Taker, Skydiver
                                Court Jester, ChopinGal
                                Royal Videographer & Pain in the Mik'ta, OooberSG-1 Fan
                                Royal Head of Security, AgentDark
                                Queen's Bodyguard, Strix varia
                                Royal Technician, Myrth
                                Royal Architect, ann_sgcfan
                                Royal Page, Charlie
                                Senior Scribe, Tok'ra Hostess
                                Royal Reporter, sg-1fanintn
                                Royal Bartender, Tracy Jane
                                Loyal Citizens, Mandysg1, Supernatural, sueKay, alittletoolate

Please apply for membership should you be eligible and we shall be glad to welcome you into the fold and post your name here. Apologies to anyone unintentionally omitted.

Jester

But I see not a Title for Royal and Loyal Reader of the Scribes!
                                For not all are born with the talent to be scribes but thus enjoy the reading of.....? Every Kingdom or shall I say Queendom cannot be without the yeoman or nobleman to rule.
                                I hereby request a title to be initiated for the nobleman or noblelady and or yeoman/yeolady to be added in someway to the list of Royal Samandans or begin a Royal List of Readers in Samanda. Oh those in favor say AYE!

Comment

Working...
                                X