Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Well there's only so long I can bang my head against a brick wall before I need a breather.

I feel like I'm speaking a foreign language or something because some of my points I think are fairly clear...for instance the fact that Sam for the most part does not give in to bad impulses and this is a sign of character, wisdom and maturity and conversely giving in to bad impulses is a sign of immaturity and foolishness. She typically weighs the consequences of giving in to an impulse and typically chooses the wiser option. Apparently, not being dangerously impulsive is not a sign of maturity and wisdom. /me scratches head

I just need a nice Samandan hug before taking up arms again for the queen. I hope that we Samandans are doing her proud...I know I tend to get a bit snarky from time to time over there...but I hope I never cross the line to the Dark Side and go all Prior on you all.

Just smack me around a bit and keep me in line, mmmkay?
    I have to stop posting over there, because sometimes it's so hard not to traipse along the line to the dark side. There is just so little sense! And...I'm going to stop here before I start ranting, I am!

Grrrrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      I was gonna offer you the hug, babe, but I'll take up smacking duty. Much more my style.

I'm really impressed by your patience and your level headedness. I gave in after two posts, because Those-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named did my head in. There is absolutely no talking sense to these people.
      Because there is no sense being talked and....

damn.

Really. Stopping now. I am.

Promise.

Comment

Ok, so I watched New Order last night, and boy was it good. I sat there enthralled in part one and thought, "For the life of me, I can't figure out why they didn't stick with the three man team. This friggin' rocks."

On top of that, there's that scene on board the cargo ship between Sam and Teal'c. Not once in season nine have those two characters shared even a hint of a conversation. NOT ONCE. They sat and talked for that entire scene, so I ask, "Where the hell has that been this year???" New Order, Changeling, Threshold, Paradise Lost, etc., etc. How can you have an entire season without two of the main characters on the show talking to one another??? Is this just me? Am I being unreasonable? NOT ONCE! I sat there trying to find one instance in season nine that was of the same vein, but to avail. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe the way I'm feeling.

And, for Sam's character, the episode really delivered with so many moments of substance. Not to mention the fact that the shot of her in the Replicator stocks is one of the coolest images ever on the show. I miss the replicators; I miss their menace. (Pardon the pun.)

So, I watched New Order last night, and I walked away both happy and sad. Just thought I'd share.

Melancholic ranting over. Move along, nothing to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          Well, since the list seems to be a bit slow today, I'll share my LJ Sam icons with you all. I'm learning photoshop, so tips, hints, and criticisms from all you amazingly talented folks would be appreciated.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y293/gunhilda/Icons/
          Those are great! Can I steal the Bad day one? I really, really need it today. And if I can, what's your LJ name so I can credit?

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            Well, since the list seems to be a bit slow today, I'll share my LJ Sam icons with you all. I'm learning photoshop, so tips, hints, and criticisms from all you amazingly talented folks would be appreciated.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y293/gunhilda/Icons/
            How about a comment from a reasonably talentless person
            Those a great
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
              Ok, so I watched New Order last night, and boy was it good. I sat there enthralled in part one and thought, "For the life of me, I can't figure out why they didn't stick with the three man team. This friggin' rocks."

On top of that, there's that scene on board the cargo ship between Sam and Teal'c. Not once in season nine have those two characters shared even a hint of a conversation. NOT ONCE. They sat and talked for that entire scene, so I ask, "Where the hell has that been this year???" New Order, Changeling, Threshold, Paradise Lost, etc., etc. How can you have an entire season without two of the main characters on the show talking to one another??? Is this just me? Am I being unreasonable? NOT ONCE! I sat there trying to find one instance in season nine that was of the same vein, but to avail. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe the way I'm feeling.

And, for Sam's character, the episode really delivered with so many moments of substance. Not to mention the fact that the shot of her in the Replicator stocks is one of the coolest images ever on the show. I miss the replicators; I miss their menace. (Pardon the pun.)

So, I watched New Order last night, and I walked away both happy and sad. Just thought I'd share.

Ah golfbooy*pats on head* I feel your pain and melancholy, gone are those wonderful days of good old fashioned writing and drama
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

evil
                scarimor

Comment

Interesting poll here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25040

"If you were dying and could only meet one character, who would it be?"

Comment

how 'bout a compromise? good carter, when she's p!$$ed off!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                      Well, not much going on here today, but in an effort to bring Samanda back on page 1, I thought I'd share some news with you:

1) A German SciFi Magazine, Space View, lets their readers vote every year for their favorite actors and shows. And the winners are:

Best Actress in a SciFi Show: Amanda Tapping
                      Best Actor in a SciFi Show: Richard Dean Anderson
                      Sexiest Actress in a SciFi Show: Amanda came in 3rd behind Jessica Alba and Kristin Kreuk
                      Sexiest Actor in a SciFi Show: Michael Shanks
                      Best SciFi Show: Stargate came in 3rd (behind Smallville and Lost)

I know it's "only" a small magazine with a limited number of readers, but I still was happy that Amanda won.

2) Lifetime confirmed the premiere of "Abby Lord" aka "Engaged to Kill": Monday, April 24th at 9pm and has a short summary posted here.

The Joe Lando Webpage has a short summary posted, too, as well as some promo pics, but I couldn't find Amanda in any of them.

Stay tuned for more news.

thanks for the info, Dani76!!

So it looks like Amanda won for Best TV Actress, and then third for Sexiest Actress. Note that Johnny Depp won for best Film Actor.

Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy

I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. I really really liked New Order for many reasons, and the Sam/Teal'c interaction was great.

The only good Teal'c/Sam moment in season 9 so far I think is in Ethon, through looks.

This season we really are missing those really good moments between Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c, and IMO it is hurting the show. It is interesting to see how many positive comments there are just about the simple yet sweet interaction between Sam and Daniel (and Sam and Mitchell too) in Arthur's Mantle. I hope if indeed Brad Wright is having more say again over SG-1, he will bring this type of magic back to SG-1 in season 10.

Comment

A Royal List of the Scribes of Samanda

This select club welcomes any citizen who has written and published at least one Samfic online. To date, the following are Royal Members of the Scribes of Samanda:

Madam President, MajorSam
                          Madam Vice-President, MajorSal
                          Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist
                          Census Taker, Skydiver
                          Court Jester, ChopinGal
                          Royal Videographer & Pain in the Mik'ta, OooberSG-1 Fan
                          Royal Head of Security, AgentDark
                          Queen's Bodyguard, Strix varia
                          Royal Technician, Myrth
                          Royal Architect, ann_sgcfan
                          Royal Page, Charlie
                          Senior Scribe, Tok'ra Hostess
                          Royal Reporter, sg-1fanintn
                          Royal Bartender, Tracy Jane
                          Royal Fertilizer Agitator, Mandysg1
                          Royal Citizens, Supernatural, sueKay, alittletoolate

Please apply for membership should you be eligible and we shall be glad to welcome you into the fold and post your name here. Apologies to anyone unintentionally omitted.

Special gratitude to all Samandans who are loyal readers, the Royal Critics.
                          May the Scribes continue to get favorable reviews.

Jester
                          Last edited by ChopinGal; 02 March 2006, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks to Royal Page, deepspace, for hunting up the original index of our Samfic authors. I've made some additions.

Please review the previous post and if your Royal Title has changed or we have you somehow mixed up, just PM me with the details and I'll revise the list! Special welcome to our newest group: Tracy Jane, Mandysg1, and Supernatural.

Pick any of the Scribes and find their fic online - print out one or two of your favorite stories to help balance the S9 two-week finale, should you need the boost. Some will; some will not. Whatever floats your boat!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              A Royal List of the Scribes of Samanda

This select club welcomes any citizen who has written and published at least one Samfic online. To date, the following are Royal Members of the Scribes of Samanda:

Madam President, MajorSam
                              Madam Vice-President, MajorSal
                              Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist
                              Census Taker, Skydiver
                              Court Jester, ChopinGal
                              Royal Photographer, UberSG-1 Fan
                              Royal Head of Security, AgentDark
                              Queen's Bodyguard, Strix varia
                              Royal Technician, Myrth
                              Royal Architect, ann_sgcfan
                              Royal Page, Charlie
                              Senior Scribe, Tok'ra Hostess
                              Royal Reporter, sg-1fanintn
                              Royal Bartender, Tracy Jane
                              Loyal Citizens, Mandysg1, Supernatural, sueKay, alittletoolate

Please apply for membership should you be eligible and we shall be glad to welcome you into the fold and post your name here. Apologies to anyone unintentionally omitted.

Jester
                              URGENT MEMO

DATE: March 1, 2006
                              TO: Jester
                              RE: Erroneous Listing of Royal Title

____________________________________________________

It has come to my attention that I am still being referred to as The Royal Photographer by some.

However, my title changed a few months ago by virtue of a motion made and seconded. The Vice President authorized said change to take place.

I therefore request that all future correspondence and listings refer to me by my correct royal title...Royal Videographer.

Or Royal Pain in the Mik'ta.

I respond to either title as appropriate.

I also note the lack of the UMLAUT when referring to my moniker. Please either correct with the appropriate character "Ü" or use the casual capital "O" followed by several lower case "o's" [must be more than 2 "o's" though] as indicated below.

I shall allow these egregious errors pass this ONCE but a second offense will give me no other recourse than to contact the Samandan Police for disciplinary action.

Thank you kindly,
                              Mary Beth House
                              OooooooooooooooooooberSG-1Fan
                              Royal Videographer/PitM

Last edited by Uber; 01 March 2006, 04:07 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

The History of the Court of Samanda

Once upon a time, in a mythical kingdom far away, there lived a small group of citizens who, unabashedly, admired their Royal Ruler. She was fair of face, possessed of great wit, charm, and grace. All who met her fell under her spell. One of the younger members of this group of admirers suggested that the kingdom be renamed in the Queen's honour and, thus, the name of Samanda was born.

As a reward for this clever thought, the citizens petitioned that Major Sam be named the kingdom's President. The Major has been in the company of the Queen on more than one occasion and has shared visual images of these moments with her fellow Samandans, much to everyone's pleasure. Shortly thereafter, Major Sal, who tilled and developed the lands within Samanda, was appointed Vice-President. It was she who bestowed upon us the lovely garden of thoughts in the very first post which has led to such a colorful and prolific display of words and pictures everafter.

What is a kingdom without a court? Therefore, the Royal Court of Samanda came into being and, as certain members exhibited certain talents and/or proclivities, they received certain titles. In fact, it is truly amazing and sometimes frightening to think how much akin to their antics in the kingdom these royal court members may be! Perhaps life imitating art or vice versa.

An award system for the good citizens was put in place, using beans as the royal largesse of the kingdom. Travelers seemed to stop by in Samanda from time to time and it was heard, elsewhere, that Samandans sometimes seemed to be "full of beans". All to the good, all to the good. Those not worth their beans did not become fully franchised citizens and moved on. Those who seemed of kindred spirit, stayed within the Gate of Samanda.

As the kingdom grew, the desire for better communication (and gossip) flourished and the Samandan newspaper, Oh Yea What Say Times, was created and edited by the Royal Accountant who was already quite busy taking care of Samanda's budgetary needs and taxation. Thus she is also known by the names of Bean Counter and Royal Editor. At times, depending on the amount of sloe gin being consumed from the Royal Liquor Cabinet, the editor may call upon the Court Jester to assist in meeting the paper's deadline. These two have collaborated on many an occasion ... their love of celebration was influential in establishing the Royal Gala event at which Murray and his Merry Minstrels entertained. Royal Head of Security had his hands full that night ... much merriment and mischief. Even the Royal Sage/Wise Elder was known to get into the act. Many think that the dessert table provided much too much spiked blue jello that evening.

Throughout it all, others in the kingdom have maintained their sobriety and have guided the citizens and safeguarded the treasures of Samanda. Many moments of lucidity and intriguing data were provided by Keeper of the Flame, a royal archivist supreme, along with Census Taker and Royal Videographer who began to supply a stream of instructive and amusing photo-images of the Queen and her adventures. In fact, the citizens were so enthralled with the photostories which ensued that they, themselves, began to contribute unusual witticisms and comments. It was rumoured that the laughter could be heard outside the Samandan Gate, wafting over the many other nearby kingdoms. Those citizens, more serious of nature, would simply shake their heads and murmur "beans, it must be the beans".

New citizens are arriving daily and Census Taker must be delighted. The kingdom is, indeed, flourishing and will soon entertain new appointments to the Court. Indeed, assistants have already been hired for security demands and graphic design.

For now, let us be content to know that Samanda is thriving and the Queen is loved. Yes, there is even a Royal Nanny to take care of the little Princess!

Respectfully submitted by Court Jester

This was first posted in the very early days of our thread. I thought all newcomers now would enjoy the original mythology.
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 01 March 2006, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X