No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think partially with Amanda's hair change was due to her pregnancy. Some women get wavy hair due to the hormonal changes that are going on. I'm still a fan of season 4 and 6 hair.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      Rum and diet coke? You on the NO CARB diet? I think I'll try a Cosmo, with Cointreau, maybe 2.

This may be OT, but does anyone else have a problem with Sam's hair this season? I know her looks aren't as important as her role, but everytime I see her, I get upset. She looks like she just woke up and forgot to brush it. Couldn't tptb let her amazing good looks shine through a tad more? She is woman, and I don't want her "glamorized", just a better haircut.

OK, mini and trivial rant over. (deep sigh) Guess I'm obsessing about hair, since my recent loss. OK Sam, take your best shot!
      Sam's probably had the love/hate ship with her hair that we all tend to have (and TPTB haven't helped it over the years)...

But I agree, it seems more like the mussy I-just-got-up-and-my-perm's-growing-out kind of hair than the styled hair of the past. Longer, mussier hair was probably OK over at area 51, but once back over on an SG1 team, yeah you'd expect her to go shorter and less unkempt in order to keep up with the regs and the military appearance. Guess there's zero AF oversight on the show now?

And likely, I guess, it's a cost savings to TPTB to not have to do the weekly designer haircuts of past seasons???
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        O.o

Sam/Jonas pairing?
        Glad to see you're still alive AD. After that last AT picture I thought we'd have to get out the defibrillator.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Well, Tara, here's still another side of Sam ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...adnessgeo2.jpg

Once again, thanks to Geogirl for capturing these moments!
          Oh yes how could i not love geek Sam!
          Amanda was just so funny and i would have loved to be a fly on the wall for what must have come out of her mouth when trying to get that life jacket of over her head! Just look what it did to her hair,lol
          ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/RoyalBar.jpg

Oh yeah, the Royal Bar will be hoppin' the next two Fridays ... I'll see you there. Rum and diet coke for everyone - it's on the house!

Rum and Diet Coke?? I think I'll need Everclear/Whiskey for the next two!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              Rum and diet coke? You on the NO CARB diet? I think I'll try a Cosmo, with Cointreau, maybe 2.

This may be OT, but does anyone else have a problem with Sam's hair this season? I know her looks aren't as important as her role, but everytime I see her, I get upset. She looks like she just woke up and forgot to brush it. Couldn't tptb let her amazing good looks shine through a tad more? She is woman, and I don't want her "glamorized", just a better haircut.

OK, mini and trivial rant over. (deep sigh) Guess I'm obsessing about hair, since my recent loss. OK Sam, take your best shot!
              Hmm, I really haven't thought her hair looked that bad this season. I guess I looked at it more of an issue AT herself may be having personally. I know after giving birth and nursing, your body is depleted of the minerals and vitamins it normally has. So things like fingernails, teeth, and hair tend to really take a beating during this period of time. They often become less vibrant, and have a tendancy to become weaker, brittle or thinned in the case of hair. I know Amanda has very fine hair normally, and if she's dealing with post-pregnancy issues as well that may be part of the reason her hair may not appear as kempt as previous seasons.
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 27 February 2006, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Since folks have asked, here's part 6 of trinkets

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...tegration.html

*lurks off to hide behind Sunny. She'll protect me.*
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hail Dorothy

New Sam Wall.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Hmm, I really haven't thought her hair looked that bad this season. I guess I looked at it more of an issue AT herself may be having personally. I know after giving birth and nursing, your body is depleted of the minerals and vitamins it normally has. So things like fingernails, teeth, and hair tend to really take a beating during this period of time. They often become less vibrant, and have a tendancy to become weaker, brittle or thinned in the case of hair. I know Amanda has very fine hair normally, and if she's dealing with post-pregnancy issues as well that may be part of the reason her hair may not appear as kempt as previous seasons.
                    When my hubby makes a comment about AT's hair, I know something is seriously wrong. That aside, I'm certain that as part of her regimen to rebound after her pregnancy, nutrition and the importance of certain supplements for hair and general well being were given to her. Any major stress to the body, like major surgery, results in disruption of any extraneous body part or activity and hair is usually the first to go, trust me, I know it first hand. However, that being said, AT does have professional hair stylists available to her, stylists that can perform magic for the screen.

As her hair is really not an important topic, I'll close my second mini rant for the day and depart. Hope you all have a great hair day!
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42
                      Apparently, the file is too large to download without their premium service. I'm resizing and will upload again. Sorry!

HERE IS THE NEW WORKING LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DC01ZZCF
                      Very nice.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Glad to see you're still alive AD. After that last AT picture I thought we'd have to get out the defibrillator.
                        Hey, AD is a young pup; I'm the one who was in danger of the heart attack!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Hail Dorothy

New Sam Wall.
                          Beautiful, Kat!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            hey look, it's a fic rec

and even rarer, it's a nice sam/teal'c friendship thing

Waltzing's for Dreamers
                            by afg
                            E-mail: [email protected]

Rating: All Ages
                            Season: SG-1 Season Seven
                            Related SG-1 Episode(s): 716 Death Knell
                            Featured Character(s): Samantha Carter, Tealc
                            Summary: A conversation about dancing.

Read this story at GateWorld FanFic:
                            http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...tzingsfor.html
                            Oh that's nice.

*sighs happily*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              Hey, AD is a young pup; I'm the one who was in danger of the heart attack!
                              Sooo Sorry Strix, I didn't take medical considerations into effect when I posted that pic
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sorry about my posts today....it's been a bad weekend, really a bad week. I apologize if I sounded like I was lecturing or coming down on AT or any Samandans. I've away for so long, I don't feel like I belong here anymore, and that's making me very sad. You are the sweetest people on GW, and I would never do anything to offend any of you. I'll leave it at that, for now.
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X