Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know, i don't think ratings matter.

i really doubt that there will be a s11. i think s10 will be it regardless.

ben and claudia may continue in a spin off show - but that's just my fatalistic view

and it doesn't matter what the ratings are, they will be spun to say what scifi wants them to say

so....even if the worst happens and at and ms get canned and ben and claudia with teal'c head off to the 'new and improved' show.....well we can be happy for the farscape fans who will get to watch thier favorite actors and also be happy for ms and at who will finally be free to move onto bigger and better things
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      well, i don't know what to say, then. i don't like vala and mitchell because of how they effect sam and amanda. all i can do is be gentle in talking about it, but i'm still going to say what i want. sorry strix, ad, and sun, but unless vala and mitchell stop *blanking* over my fave character, i'll keep feeling this way.

i'll go find another thread to play on for a bit to reflect, but i'm a sam/amanda supporter first and foremost.

sally
      ((sally))

i'm not saying that you need to leave. not that ANYONE needs to leave.

i'm just saying when we discuss the aspects we discuss them bearing in mind that we have folks of all preferences here and tailor our words accordingly

then you can come and join me in the anti s9 and s10 thread and we can rant our little hearts out
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
        Hey , I like Daniel
        I mostly lurk here so probably shouldn't butt in, but I think that self censorship can go so far that there won't be any discussion anymore. This is a Sam thread and anything relating to her should be discussed here, including how she relates with the other characters and they relate to her . There is no reason why inteligent discussions between people from diferent points of view regarding the other characters (as we assume everyone posting here is a fan of Sam so have that in common) should offend anyone.

nice.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

it's only been a short time, but this topic is staying with me... and i've figured out why.

excuse while i go off topic for a bit, but i'd like to explain why i've felt rather defensive. when i first joined fandom (in season 4), it was with the hearts and flowers mentality that everyone should just get along. all nice and lovely, until you actually try to talk to the ppl that think opposite you. and it really pin pointed to/with my love of sam/jack ship. i had anti shippers saying to me that it wasn't fair of me to get what *i* wanted, when what *they* wanted (jack/daniel as either friends or lovers) wasn't going to happen. it should all be the same playing field, so 'everyone' got what they wanted (or 'everyone' didn't get what they wanted). i balked at that, saying that writers don't write that way, that shows don't work that way. bla bla, etc etc.

and that leads me back here. it just felt like i was being told again to not say this or that or not want this or that, because it 'has to be fair to everyone'. i know that wasn't the intention here, but that was my knee jerk reaction.

k, just wanted to say that i figured out my rascally behavior.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Okay...I've got a game for ya. Actually it's an expansion on the "CAPTION THIS" game, except now, it's...

"SAMCAPTION THIS"

...meaning, the pictures don't have Sam in them at all but make the captions Samrelated. This will be tough but I'm curious to see who participates and if we can pull it off.

Jack: Carter set this up for you?
            Daniel: Yup. Can you believe it?
            Jack: Not really. I thought when she said she'd help you with your new home entertainment system, she meant she'd stop your VCR from blinking 12:00 all the time.
            Daniel: Well, actually it still blinks 12:00...but now it does it in 17 different languages.

Next caption or new picture?
            Last edited by Uber; 23 February 2006, 06:26 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I don't know about you, but this season is making me hungry
              At least it's a bell balanced season
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Janet: I'm sorry Daniel, but Sam said you liked being restained.
                Daniel: Yea well Sam said you thought this outfit made me look sexy
                Janet: So do you want me to remove the restrainst?
                Daniel: Um...Oh did you want me to change?
                Janet: Well....ah...
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Daniel: I'm telling you Jack, you really need to let Sam help you buy some new clothes. She picked this outfit out for me and I've got nothing but compliments all day.

Jack: They're complimenting your ass, Daniel.

Daniel: You're just jealous because the women on base spend more time calling you one than looking at yours.

Jack: Am not.
                  Daniel: Are too.
                  Jack: Not.
                  Daniel: Are.
                  Jack: I can't believe I gave up watching the Simpsons tonight for this.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Laugh, I'm sorry but someone mentioned to me today that Kallesta's expression looked very much like Amanda's in this photo so I couldn't help mysef and made a sig. I thought you guys might appreciate it.
                    This is to cute for words! And she does have the same look. Look out world!!!
                    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                    Hic Comitas Regit
                    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Jack: Carter 'upgraded' my satellite dish and now I can't get the Simpsons or hockey.

I loved your caption I've gotten my VCR to stop blinking, but had to duct tape over the check engine light in my car!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                        This is to cute for words! And she does have the same look. Look out world!!!
                        Thanks for all the kind words. What can I say, I'd be very happy to have my daughter grow up to be as intelligent, witty and kind-hearted as Amanda. In my mind, she's a wonderful role model. I figure as a parent, I might as well shoot for the stars when dreaming about my child's future, right?

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. What can I say, I'd be very happy to have my daughter grow up to be as intelligent, witty and kind-hearted as Amanda. In my mind, she's a wonderful role model. I figure as a parent, I might as well shoot for the stars when dreaming about my child's future, right?
                          Your daughter is adorable! I definitely think Amanda is a good role model

Now for the captions, I thought I'd tackle both pics

Daniel: Hey Jack, why aren't you drinking any wine?

Jack: Carter doesn't want me drinking any alcohol, she thinks it's bad for my health.

Daniel: But she's not the medical doctor.

Jack: Yeah, but you know I can't argue with her.

Daniel: I suppose. Wait, all you ever drink is beer!

Jack: Yeah. Damn, this could be tough... hell, give me the glass.

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          Janet: Now Daniel, Sam and I both agreed you haven't been yourself. She suggested I restrain you and put you in clothes with no pockets.

Daniel: You took away my glasses. Why always the glasses?

Janet: You've been exibiting strange behaviour, it's for your own good.

Daniel: ...Sam is trying them on and doing impressions of me isn't she?

*Janet is quiet, but has a knowing look on her face*

Daniel: I knew it! Get me out of these things!
                          Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                          Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Teasing the thread upward with a Sam koan...

The mind is the universe.

(We want Sam's universe )
                            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Absolutely!!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

we've been ripping mitchell just as much as vala, and while we might go over the top sometimes... i'm not here to make sure that fans that are *also* fans of vala and mitchell aren't going to be hurt by just my opinions. as long as i'm nice and gentle in my approach, i want to exercise my right to speak my mind, even if that includes not liking vala and mitchell.

this isn't the samandmitchell thread, or the samandvala thread, it's the sam thread. i'll just pay attention to not being rude to said vala and mitchell fans, just like i'll pay attention to not going overboard in my s/j shippiness here.
                                Hmmmm. Because insinuating that Vala is a "hooker" as you did on the previous page is definitely being nice and gentle, Sally.

I come here to chat about Sam etc, not to hear the new characters being insulted morning, noon and night. I've not been posting much here recently cos there's nothing to respond to.

I'm not Mitchell's biggest fan either, but we're stuck with him. But I quite like Vala, she adds a totally new perspective to the show, and I thought she worked well in the first five episodes. It injected some humour in.

But as you say, this isn't the Vala and Mitchell thread, it's the Sam's a Great Character Thread. However, the way things are going, it feels like it's talk about SAM that's seriously off topic.

Anyway, being so far behind you guys in terms of episodes means I have absolutely nothing to add. I watched Grace Under Pressure last night and really wanted to get excited and spout babble, but it's been done. Oh well.

What happened to this great plan for in depth analysis of old episodes, by the way?
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X