Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*takes a deep breath*

Hello everyone. Ok, does anyone here happen to remember a Gatergeek257? Well that was me. I was hardly on this thread at all, & didn't have a comp. for a while, so I wasn't able to get on the board. However, I've been back & I think I need to explain some things.

See originally I had 2 names because I wanted to kind of keep my SG-1 posts & Atlantis posts seperate I guess. I thought it was better to post on the SG-1 threads with a non-Atlantis name. But I realized, what does it matter? I mean if I like both shows, who cares if my name relates to one show or the other? I should be able to post wherever I want. And frankly, having to sign in & out again each time I wanted to use a different sn was a pain.

Anywho, I kept this name because Carson is actually my fave character overall (though I do love Sam & I'll get to that more) & I'm actually the most into Atlantis (though, once again, I also love SG-1). So, I got a comp. but I've been spending most of my time on the Atlantis threads. However, I've really been missing this thread. It's amazing to me the difference in the Atlantis threads and the SG-1 threads. I mean it feels like I'm taking a trip to see long lost friends because I just don't see any of the SG-1 people on the Atlantis threads. This makes sense of course, but it's just interesting.

Well basically that's all I wanted to say. I'm sorry if I deceived anyone or annoyed anyone by using 2 different sn & I'll really try hard to post here more often. I've resolved not to read spoilers, so I'll be posting about eps. after I've seen them (tomorrow night, yay!), but very hopefully it will not be after a week! I really did miss visiting all the awesome Samanda fans!
    Last edited by Forestia; 23 February 2006, 08:45 AM.
    Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
    Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Talk to Strix. The image of the pastry hurtling earthward prompted her creative juices to kick into high gear and she's madly at work on a fic...AS WE SPEAK.

ROFL
      Cupcakes... whumping... cupcakes... whumping... nope, got nothin.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
        I don't think TPTB expect AT and CJ to want to continue on SG-1 beyond season 10.
        Or maybe TPTB dont WANT them to want to continue.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          of course it does. he's the STAR!!!!

don't you remember that?????

the show MUST revolve around him
          I'm sure it must be written on his uniform somewhere.

My LJ

Comment

We'll see how Camelot goes. There have been other episodes where the publicity pics were heavily skewed towards certain characters. Plus, those of us who aren't afraid of spoilers have known for a long time that it would be
            Spoiler:
            a Vala-centric and Ori heavy ep.
            I am certainly not surprised by what they're showing.

I bet the ratings go back up
            Spoiler:
            in the Vala eps. No question that CB has a loyal following, and kudos to her for it (seriously). Unfortunately, it scares me a bit because one could argue that SG-1 ratings have been slipping ever since Vala left and Sam came back. Now, I would blame that on bad writing and shoddy production overall, but if things bounce back with the timing I expect, I can see some Skiffy suit deciding that Sam is obviously not needed for the show to succeed, and that they don't need two women.... so guess who gets the boot?
            But that has been my prediction all along if it goes to 11 seasons, so nothing new there, either.

My LJ

Comment

I think we're going to see that the last couple of episodes centre almost wholly around the Vala/Mitchell storyline (Mitchell with his cliffhanger fate and Vala with her pregnancy, there won't be room for much more once you throw in the Ori, the space battles, etc. However, that one spoiler about Carter going out to the giant Ori stargate and being right next to it while hundres of ships come through - that sounds SO COOL. I'm kinda excited about seeing how they pull that off.. I'm pretty sure we'll end up with Mitchell doing some great grand gesture at the end, flying into something kamakazi-like in order to garner fan appreciation for his heroism. Instant "stripes" so to speak.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                I think we're going to see that the last couple of episodes centre almost wholly around ....
                Yup. (bump)

My LJ

Comment

Laugh, I'm sorry but someone mentioned to me today that Kallesta's expression looked very much like Amanda's in this photo so I couldn't help mysef and made a sig. I thought you guys might appreciate it.
                  Last edited by ForeverSg1; 23 February 2006, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Caption this?

My LJ

Comment

Kat, that sig is GORGEOUS!!! And whoever spotted it is right, too. She looks very Amanda-like in the pic.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        Kat, that sig is GORGEOUS!!! And whoever spotted it is right, too. She looks very Amanda-like in the pic.
                        She does look like Amanda. What a cutie! LOL Love the expression. She'll be gettin' into trouble... oh yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          We'll see how Camelot goes. There have been other episodes where the publicity pics were heavily skewed towards certain characters. Plus, those of us who aren't afraid of spoilers have known for a long time that it would be
                          Spoiler:
                          a Vala-centric and Ori heavy ep.
                          I am certainly not surprised by what they're showing.

I bet the ratings go back up
                          Spoiler:
                          in the Vala eps. No question that CB has a loyal following, and kudos to her for it (seriously). Unfortunately, it scares me a bit because one could argue that SG-1 ratings have been slipping ever since Vala left and Sam came back. Now, I would blame that on bad writing and shoddy production overall, but if things bounce back with the timing I expect, I can see some Skiffy suit deciding that Sam is obviously not needed for the show to succeed, and that they don't need two women.... so guess who gets the boot?
                          But that has been my prediction all along if it goes to 11 seasons, so nothing new there, either.
                          it does make sense. and let's face it. vala is their new and shiny toy so they WILL promote her and her return. just as, i think, s10 promotion will skew VERY heavily in the cam and vala angle.

as a stargate fan, it bugs me. MY characters kept this show going for 8 years and i feel that they deserve better. cause if it wasn't for all of their hard work, these nice bright shiny new characters wouldn't have a show to come to

I'm happy for ben, happy for claudia and i see potential in both of those characters...but i also see the potential for MY characters to get kicked to the curb in favor of the nice new ones
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Caption this?

ow, ow, ow. it's just a zit, leave it alone!
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              I'm happy for ben, happy for claudia and i see potential in both of those characters...but i also see the potential for MY characters to get kicked to the curb in favor of the nice new ones
                              Well I think that's the plan, sort of. They're expecting the old guard to leave the show sooner than later, so the producers want to repopulate with new blood so they can keep their jobs. Add that to the "sex-sells" network politics we've currently got in play and the writing's on the wall, right?

Comment

Caption this?

Sam: Ouch! What is wrong with you! I'm squishing your head is just an expression. It was meant as a joke. What is this like the Tokra version of the Vulcan death grip?

Comment

Working...
                                X