Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    They change and "fix" what they want.

For instance, the whole thing about stalker Pete? Voiced from fandom and addressed in Affinity.

Do I want to believe Sam will be forefront next year? Of course. But I'll believe it only when Sky tells me it's okay to hope.
    oh you don't want to depend on me.
    my nickname is 'miss negative' for a reason
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      If she does decide to leave, I think she should come to the U. S. and remake MacMillan and Wife with RDA! Or some other great situation that would put that chemistry back on-screen regularly!
      i have a funny feeling that, if she wanted to, rda would help out her career. he tends to 'take care' of his friends and i feel that they are friends

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        oh you don't want to depend on me.
        my nickname is 'miss negative' for a reason
        LOL

And yet you have a good track record so I'll go with that.

Plus you come up with fan gems...the trainwreck one and the super cali frag one.

Me? I got giant evil space cupcakes.

Really, there ain't no contest here.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

oh no. hades will freeze first.

their reactions to early criticism is a prime example.

the attitude coming out of bridge was pretty much 'the show is great and fantastic and super and if you can't see that then you need new glasses'

i certainly don't expect them to respond to every single criticism, that's not possible.

but attitudes lately aren't just the random whinging of a few fans, a good chunk of the fandom isn't crazy about things they've done, shippers and non-shippers alike
          I personally believe that TPTB think their new show is just "so damn cool dude " that they won't allow themselves to see things from any other point of view. They themselves think that Stargate season9 is brilliant, and this time they're just not seeing the opinions of the fans.
          So it seems, nomatter how loud we shout, they're wearing earmuffs.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

them giant evil cupcakes are priceless!!

we need a crack fic. sg-1 sent on a mission to save earth from a giant cupcake careening towards it from outer space

or better yet, the lucian allance has infiltrated earth and is spreading around addictive cup cakes. can sg-1 stop them before all of earth falls into a deadly sugar coma????

sigpic

Comment

i have a funny feeling that, if she wanted to, rda would help out her career. he tends to 'take care' of his friends and i feel that they are friends
              I thought the same thing. On RDA's web site there is a report of several networks asking him to do other projects, but he said not right now. Maybe when he is ready he will remember AT. They do seem to be good friends. AT is a wonderful actress that should be respect for her talents and loyalty. What I have heard from RDA is he does respect AT for the work she does. So does MG (RDA's business partner) he was there adding his support during her first and successful TV directing experience

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                I personally believe that TPTB think their new show is just "so damn cool dude " that they won't allow themselves to see things from any other point of view. They themselves think that Stargate season9 is brilliant, and this time they're just not seeing the opinions of the fans.
                So it seems, nomatter how loud we shout, they're wearing earmuffs.
                If you believe the season is fantastic, the ratings dropped a long time ago

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                  Another note: CB states that she had been asked to guest star over the years, but she didn't have the time. Then she did and filmed Prometheus Unbound. Then she says, "I knew that they had expressed all along that they would love to have me full time if it was possible somehow."

It seems like indeed the producers have known for a long time that they wanted CB full time. It makes me wonder if and when the other actors knew that the producers were planning this. It's not a bad thing, it's just the press sounds like Vala was so successful that she is now a regular, when they actually have planned this for a very long time (before even season nine even aired). I think the producers do alot of long-term planning that fans know nothing about. So perhaps the producers have known for a long time that they have wanted Carter to crossover for several episodes, but perhaps never told Amanda about it until contract time (and not even then because the producers would not tell her exactly how many SGA episodes she would do). I shouldn't be surprised. Producers run the show, not the actors. The actors have to go with what the producers/writers give them.

IMO, if they think that the ratings can survive with Mitchell and Vala in the forefront and the Big 3 in the background (and particularly AT) of this new show, I think they are mistaken.

Also, CJ says that the show's ratings are as good or even better than they were last year. I think he spoke too soon. Season 8 had an average of 2.1.
                  notice how this newest cb interview has a very different tone than the stuff we heard from rcc (and others) about *having* to have cb/vala be in the last ep(s) and how some guy from the show let loose on his blog what 'really' was happening when they found out cb was pregnant and 'had' to have vala on anyways... backpedaling to the fullest.

whatever happens next season, i want amanda to be treated with respect and sam carter to be treated with respect. RESPECT.

this is about the time i wish joe mallozzi was still around. he could give us some reassurances about amanda's/sam's position for season 10... but then again, joe made an art of subtle, so maybe we're better off on our own.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

LOL

And yet you have a good track record so I'll go with that.

Plus you come up with fan gems...the trainwreck one and the super cali frag one.

Me? I got giant evil space cupcakes.

Really, there ain't no contest here.
                    Oh no, Uber isn't in the least bit competetive. Not at all.

The cupcake was incredibly fun though.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                      I thought the same thing. On RDA's web site there is a report of several networks asking him to do other projects, but he said not right now. Maybe when he is ready he will remember AT. They do seem to be good friends. AT is a wonderful actress that should be respect for her talents and loyalty.
                      yeah. i mean look at dan shea, he was rda's stunt double for years, that's how he got the job on stargate.

cross him and he doesn't forgive easily. but support him and be 'good' with him and he will remember

sigpic

Comment

them giant evil cupcakes are priceless!!

we need a crack fic. sg-1 sent on a mission to save earth from a giant cupcake careening towards it from outer space

or better yet, the lucian allance has infiltrated earth and is spreading around addictive cup cakes. can sg-1 stop them before all of earth falls into a deadly sugar coma????
                        Talk to Strix. The image of the pastry hurtling earthward prompted her creative juices to kick into high gear and she's madly at work on a fic...AS WE SPEAK.

ROFL

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

If you believe the season is fantastic, the ratings dropped a long time ago
                          New Oma-ism?

And wow...Sam's at 69.64% with 303 votes split between the four of them.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            notice how this newest cb interview has a very different tone than the stuff we heard from rcc (and others) about *having* to have cb/vala be in the last ep(s) and how some guy from the show let loose on his blog what 'really' was happening when they found out cb was pregnant and 'had' to have vala on anyways... backpedaling to the fullest.

whatever happens next season, i want amanda to be treated with respect and sam carter to be treated with respect. RESPECT.

this is about the time i wish joe mallozzi was still around. he could give us some reassurances about amanda's/sam's position for season 10... but then again, joe made an art of subtle, so maybe we're better off on our own.

sally
                            yep, revisionist history.

let's spin it and hope that folks forget that, through levine's blog, it's already been suggested that CB knew back at the beginning of s9 that she'd be coming back. (the comment about her timing her pregnancy to fit in the off season)

they've wanted her for a while and were gonna get her. which is fantastic for her. i just wish i had more faith in the boys in charge treating all the characters well.

thanks to alex spilling the beans and the backlash against the perceived unfairness against amanda, they gotta do a little damage control.

sigpic

Comment

New Oma-ism?

And wow...Sam's at 69.64% with 303 votes split between the four of them.
                              yeah, but not a good one.

i need to think on it.

my problem? oma puts me to sleep. i tended to zone out during the ancient eps

sigpic

Comment

yeah, but not a good one.

i need to think on it.

my problem? oma puts me to sleep. i tended to zone out during the ancient eps
                                I share your tendancy to zone.

Which could explain why we have a problem caring about evil ascended beings aka the basic theme of seasons 9 and 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X